What a year

To start, the binary framework you laid out is asinine, so I won't play by those rules. Nice try, but no.
-- I'm not sure its happening all the time, because Gundy is often too comfortable losing games and getting out-coached. I expect our coach to find ways to not get out-coached multiple times per year, and seek changes to improve upon past failures.
-- I'm sure it is happening most of the time, hence our above average record.
-- D1 football is highly competitive, and anyone involved in it will face higher levels of scrutiny than the average Joe. That's the gig. You make millions of dollars a year in a competitive entertainment arena, you get to deal with the pressure and scrutiny of the people who pay your wages.
-- I'm mainly addressing the dummies who try to invalidate any/all criticisms of the coaching staff as if they are infallible (they are not).

As I've said many times - I think Gundy is a good coach, but he has limitations and flaws. He isn't perfect. Not sure why it triggers y'all to discuss such imperfections along with the positives. For some reason you seem to believe that fans aren't allowed to be critical, which just seems insane to me.

I doubt you've read my positive posts this season, because you seem to efficiently filter them out. Below is a summary.
Positives (praiseworthy):
-- I was encouraged by our offensive progression this season. We looked more dynamic, and spread the ball around better than any I've seen in the last decade.
-- I was encouraged to see our season-long resiliency as a team. Much credit to the coaches for this.
-- I have been encouraged to see Gundy get fired up on the sidelines at bad calls. He actually looks like he cares, which believe it or not, matters.
-- We actually looked a little better at managing games and pacing things more appropriately at times.

Negatives (to be criticized):
-- Being completely uncompetitive in 3 games (so far) this season. This is a big one, and seems nearly inexcusable at this level.
-- A few odd play calls sporadically through the year
-- Continued hiring of inexperienced coordinators
TO the highlighted part: why do some of y'all ride this dead pony? Its stupid to believe any person, at this level of sports, is content with losing
steel magnolias insult GIF

I stopped here, except to briefly scan, because it’s hilarious that you’d say my framework is asinine, and then choose both answers.

I did appreciate you calling people “dummies” who think the coaches are “infallible”, because here’s another binary framework for ya:

You are the first to whine, piss and moan whenever you feel you’ve detected an ad hominem attack, yet here you are, unsolicited, throwing names around, and..

..nobody has, at any point in time, on this site or the other, described the coaches as “infallible”, not have they suggested, inferred, or hinted at the same. Never. They have repeatedly pushed back on you (and others) who seem to disappear when things are going good/great, but have a thousand words of spittle-flecked fury to type out when we struggle or lose. Conflating that with assigning infallibility to the coaches is, to borrow one of your $3.75 words, asinine.
It was asinine, because its not a simplistic, "either / or" position. I chose both answers (among others) to prove its not "either / or". To frame it that way is silly. You dumbed it down to a binary framework so you have an easier position to attack. Its what politicians and media do to make easy friend/foe groups, and its stupid.

Your last paragraph is pretty much laughable considering how much you and the other 8 super fans hyperventilate at the first sign of Gundy criticism. Its odd that you continually have such little self-awareness on that issue.

I also can't figure out where you get the idea that I'm the most negative OSU fan on this board or in the world. Among the people I know in real life, I'm one of the least doom and gloom. I've reacted in game threads to both the good and bad, and shared my overall thoughts on both throughout the season in various threads. Again, you seem efficient at filtering out any and all content that doesn't suit your delusions. At some point, you should consider reading beyond my first sentence so you can gain some perspective on my thoughts related to OSU football.

I have very well-documented criticisms and praises for Gundy and the staff, because they deserve both. I really can't figure out why you're so flustered by that.

It was asinine, because its not a simplistic, "either / or" position. I chose both answers (among others) to prove its not "either / or". To frame it that way is silly. You dumbed it down to a binary framework so you have an easier position to attack. Its what politicians and media do to make easy friend/foe groups, and its stupid.

Your last paragraph is pretty much laughable considering how much you and the other 8 super fans hyperventilate at the first sign of Gundy criticism. Its odd that you continually have such little self-awareness on that issue.

I also can't figure out where you get the idea that I'm the most negative OSU fan on this board or in the world. Among the people I know in real life, I'm one of the least doom and gloom. I've reacted in game threads to both the good and bad, and shared my overall thoughts on both throughout the season in various threads. Again, you seem efficient at filtering out any and all content that doesn't suit your delusions. At some point, you should consider reading beyond my first sentence so you can gain some perspective on my thoughts related to OSU football.

I have very well-documented criticisms and praises for Gundy and the staff, because they deserve both. I really can't figure out why you're so flustered by that.
I am always tickled that this is the position you adopt: that everyone is “flustered” by you. It helps inflate your already super-pumped up sense of self-worth. You have the worst case of main character syndrome I think I’ve ever seen.

Case in point: I started a thread simply summarizing what a wild year it was, and looking on the bright side, and you still couldn’t help but swoop in and be a douchecanoe.

Any time things are going well, you’re nowhere to be found. Whenever there’s adversity, you parachute in to act like you knew better all along and things would be better if people just listened to you.

And it’s amusing to me also that you speak of delusion, yet you always have it in your mind that there are posters here whose only log in life is to stalk you around threads and neg your posts. If it was one person, maybe. But when it’s this many? It’s you.

For every post that’s positive or neutral, there’s got to be at least 10 posts where you act like an insufferable know it all who’s willing to turn OSU into Alabama if people would just pay heed. It’s the online/social equivalent of yelling at your tv at home. And if you don’t like any of this, remember that it’s all your tin foil hat of a post deserves.

I am always tickled that this is the position you adopt: that everyone is “flustered” by you. It helps inflate your already super-pumped up sense of self-worth. You have the worst case of main character syndrome I think I’ve ever seen.

Case in point: I started a thread simply summarizing what a wild year it was, and looking on the bright side, and you still couldn’t help but swoop in and be a douchecanoe.

Any time things are going well, you’re nowhere to be found. Whenever there’s adversity, you parachute in to act like you knew better all along and things would be better if people just listened to you.

And it’s amusing to me also that you speak of delusion, yet you always have it in your mind that there are posters here whose only log in life is to stalk you around threads and neg your posts. If it was one person, maybe. But when it’s this many? It’s you.

For every post that’s positive or neutral, there’s got to be at least 10 posts where you act like an insufferable know it all who’s willing to turn OSU into Alabama if people would just pay heed. It’s the online/social equivalent of yelling at your tv at home. And if you don’t like any of this, remember that it’s all your tin foil hat of a post deserves.
Keep making stuff up, man. I've been on this board as often as life has allowed this season. I have a 1 year old, a 5 year old, and a big extended family that demands time. I comment on the good and bad as equally as I can. You just ignore all the times I've praised our staff, players, and Gundy himself, and I'm not sure why. I can't make you read my positive posts, but I can assure you they exist, and have all season.

We can stop this discussion any time you'd like, and you're 100% welcome to have the last word if it helps you sleep better. Go for it.

@CowboyJD go ahead an auto-zzz this. You have a script that does this for you automatically, or does Stonewall notify you each time for support?

Last edited:
Keep making stuff up, man. I've been on this board as often as life has allowed this season. I have a 1 year old, a 5 year old, and a big extended family that demands time. I comment on the good and bad as equally as I can. You just ignore all the times I've praised our staff, players, and Gundy himself, and I'm not sure why. I can't make you read my positive posts, but I can assure you they exist, and have all season.

We can stop this discussion any time you'd like, and you're 100% welcome to have the last word if it helps you sleep better. Go for it.
There’s a really easy way to end a conversation…..

JUST

STOP

POSTING.

I invite you to do so.

@CowboyJD go ahead an auto-zzz this. You have a script that does this for you automatically, or does Stonewall notify you each time for support?
I know you have positive posts. I’ve seen them. I’m pointing out the disparity between positive and negative. You’d know that if you didn’t use your auto-zzz’s and then start slapping together another cornspiracy post. But thanks for not really disagreeing with any of my points and pivoting. Real media/politician move there, Slick.

And not that it’s any of your business, but whenever you post something in response to me, I ring a small silver bell. @CowboyJD hears it, wherever he is, and knows there’s a job to do.

I know you have positive posts. I’ve seen them. I’m pointing out the disparity between positive and negative. You’d know that if you didn’t use your auto-zzz’s and then start slapping together another cornspiracy post. But thanks for not really disagreeing with any of my points and pivoting. Real media/politician move there, Slick.

And not that it’s any of your business, but whenever you post something in response to me, I ring a small silver bell. @CowboyJD hears it, wherever he is, and knows there’s a job to do.
Disparity between positive and negative....? haha. You'll have to prove that. Otherwise, its pure conjecture.

Also, for the record, you introduced negativity to the thread, not me. Post #10 is both negative and completely baseless, Slick.

Disparity between positive and negative....? haha. You'll have to prove that. Otherwise, its pure conjecture.

Also, for the record, you introduced negativity to the thread, not me. Post #10 is both negative and completely baseless, Slick.

Seems you weren’t telling the truth when you said this….
And yet here you are again.

Remember….

There’s a really easy way to end a conversation…..

JUST

STOP

POSTING.

I invite you to do so.

Happy to invite you again, but….

We all know how you are, so go ahead and respond.

LOL holy hell. It says a lot that a post that was 100% correct and not 👏 even 👏 directed 👏 at 👏 you 👏 “flustered” you so much.

Unless Dx is your sock, which wouldn’t really surprise me.

In the immortal words of Carly Simon…
You’re so vain.
You probably think this thread is about you.

LOL holy hell. It says a lot that a post that was 100% correct and not 👏 even 👏 directed 👏 at 👏 you 👏 “flustered” you so much.

Unless Dx is your sock, which wouldn’t really surprise me.
Nah... Your post was so outlandish that it deserved a response. "100% correct" just shows how out of touch you are from reality. You're stuck in an echo chamber with the other 10 super dorks from this board, and have no way to see outside of that. Its weird and sad tbh.

To clarify - you think people should only post in response to posts directed at them, and aren't allowed to comment otherwise?

You're stuck in an echo chamber with the other 10 super dorks from this board, and have no way to see outside of that. It’s weird and sad tbh.
Interesting that our numbers are growing. That’s encouraging!

Pretty easy to stop reading this thread any time. I invite you to do so.
It's way too much fun watching you ride the struggle bus to stop reading.

You can't.....CANNOT....stop responding like you said you were going to do in post #46.

Prove me wrong Birry....please......prove me wrong.

You won't.

You CAN'T.

Back