KSU @ OSU

You could tell from Boyntons post game that he’s feeling the heat. Didn’t seem as upbeat as usual.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

KU shot 69% against Houston, one of the best defensive teams in the country. I guess I can cut the Cowboys some slack on their defensive efforts against KU this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last minute of the Baylor-Iowa State game, Baylor threw the ball away to an Iowa State player up by 2. Iowa State goes down with the chance to tie and throws the ball away. Baylor then misses their free throws to be up by 4. Even the good teams make some boneheaded decisions.

Last edited:
Eric Dailey only played 5 minutes. I'm glad we won, but wth?

Dailey was abused twice (at least) on defense and pulled almost immediately each time. Boynton got on him pretty good both times. Definitely what these guys need, but needed to start in August. Our defensive fundamentals were far better in this game, fighting over/through picks, footwork, and off ball help. I really hope Dailey gets the message because we need his offense.

Dailey was abused twice (at least) on defense and pulled almost immediately each time. Boynton got on him pretty good both times. Definitely what these guys need, but needed to start in August. Our defensive fundamentals were far better in this game, fighting over/through picks, footwork, and off ball help. I really hope Dailey gets the message because we need his offense.
I can live with that....but yes, too little, too late for Coach Mike--about six years too late.

Not going to disagree that Dailey could be stronger on D but in fairness he was playing the 5 and asked to guard KSt big man. That’s a big ask for him.

We are a better team w Small, Dailey and Garrison on the floor together. I don’t think that happened at all yesterday. In fact Q had a great game and when he subbed out in 2nd half when KSt was giving us both the middle and short corner we went w Dow instead of Dailey.

After we beat KSt 3 straight trips by going middle baseline or baseline middle I kept thinking they would switch back to man but Tang knew we weren’t disciplined to continue to attack that way and we proved him right.

Fortunately we guarded Perry a little better from 3 and got some good rebounds. It was a nice win.

I think the guys play more as a team with Thompson out. He isnt a great ball handler and wouldn’t pass to open players. His shooting hasn’t been as good as it should have been. He got most of his points through quantity of shots, not quality.

I think the guys play more as a team with Thompson out. He isnt a great ball handler and wouldn’t pass to open players. His shooting hasn’t been as good as it should have been. He got most of his points through quantity of shots, not quality.
I agree. He's a good college basketball player but he's treated in the offense like he's a great player. Sometimes the offense dies with him.

Back