Big 12 Media Days

GratefulPoke

Administrator
Staff member
Patreon Supporter
Is there anything you are hoping is covered during Big 12 media days, either by our commissioner or Gundy/our players?

For me, I would like to hear our commissioner talk more about realignment and expansion. From Gundy and our players, I would like to see them loose and confident. That historically has been a good sign for a successful season.

Is there anything you are hoping is covered during Big 12 media days, either by our commissioner or Gundy/our players?

For me, I would like to hear our commissioner talk more about realignment and expansion. From Gundy and our players, I would like to see them loose and confident. That historically has been a good sign for a successful season.
I like both.

If it’s the first, I want to see football specific, non G5/commuter school as the focus. Obviously can’t name names but I would set that as the strategy.

For the second one, loose/confident, believe in the guys that want to wear orange and put to bed any BS about “talent lost, portal nonsense.”

Also, zero discussion of bedlam past 2023.

I like both.

If it’s the first, I want to see football specific, non G5/commuter school as the focus. Obviously can’t name names but I would set that as the strategy.

For the second one, loose/confident, believe in the guys that want to wear orange and put to bed any BS about “talent lost, portal nonsense.”

Also, zero discussion of bedlam past 2023.
People are free to believe as they wish. I, for one, am absolutely concerned with how everything is going to play out, especifically regarding transfer portal. How could a person not be?

Look at the entire tenure of Gundy as HC at OSU. Look at the win/lose record and then look at the roster each season. You will find that Gundy had far more success with a team loaded with SR's. And, obviously, look at the QB for each season. I'd take every QB prior to the upcoming season than the worst QB group of Gundy's tenure. QB recruiting has been an absolute disaster ever since Mike Yurcich left. While Bowman is unknown, the current roster of QB's is without a doubt the worst of Gundy's tenure

I hope we finish in the top 10. Unless Bowman somehow shakes off three years of riding the bench and suddenly becomes top 20 QB at the conclusion of the season, we're gonna realize how devastating the transfer portal affects programs like OSU. It sucks. The big boys can now poach all the overlooked recruits that turned into starters from places like OSU. Gundy's entire tenure was successful because he was able to develop recruits that were overlooked and poaching wasn't an issue. His best teams were loaded with 3-5 years of development. That's not going to happen anymore. Players transfer if they don't get playing time during year one. That's a fact. And for OSU, yikes.

Gundy must now rely on winning the transfer portal lottery every single year. Not good. At all.

People are free to believe as they wish. I, for one, am absolutely concerned with how everything is going to play out, especifically regarding transfer portal. How could a person not be?

Look at the entire tenure of Gundy as HC at OSU. Look at the win/lose record and then look at the roster each season. You will find that Gundy had far more success with a team loaded with SR's. And, obviously, look at the QB for each season. I'd take every QB prior to the upcoming season than the worst QB group of Gundy's tenure. QB recruiting has been an absolute disaster ever since Mike Yurcich left. While Bowman is unknown, the current roster of QB's is without a doubt the worst of Gundy's tenure

I hope we finish in the top 10. Unless Bowman somehow shakes off three years of riding the bench and suddenly becomes top 20 QB at the conclusion of the season, we're gonna realize how devastating the transfer portal affects programs like OSU. It sucks. The big boys can now poach all the overlooked recruits that turned into starters from places like OSU. Gundy's entire tenure was successful because he was able to develop recruits that were overlooked and poaching wasn't an issue. His best teams were loaded with 3-5 years of development. That's not going to happen anymore. Players transfer if they don't get playing time during year one. That's a fact. And for OSU, yikes.

Gundy must now rely on winning the transfer portal lottery every single year. Not good. At all.
What does any of that have to do with Big XII media days?

My only request piled on to @GratefulPoke is that we spend time talking about our team and the guys that want to play in Orange. No bedlam talk. That didn't take long.

Three years in a row our time at XII media days gets taken up replying to questions about ou and bedlam. This thing needs to die, in everything. Can't believe how many "OSU" fans still want our identity tied to those assholes. And how many more ou fans say they don't care about bedlam and little brother only to follow it up with comments about us not playing them because they apparently do care.

I think I’m on to something giving up my tickets and stopping my fanatical devotion. So much more enjoyable.

Back