2023 championships

Will be interesting to see what the roster is for next season.

I don’t think mastro is back but that could still be up in the air. Last I had heard neither were with the team.

Hopefully fix is back at 133lbs. Although, moving fix down to 125 and carter to 133 might be better for the team?

Could be a little log jam at 141, 149, 157. I’ve heard good things about Jordan Williams. Teague Travis, Luke Mechler, Victor are all going to be around that area. Will be fun to see how that works out. All American transfer coming in?

165 will be completely open unless wittlake comes back down?

174 Plott returns

184 Hass? Wittlake? Incoming Freshman Thompson?

197 Luke will be back I’m assuming

Hwt. Carroll. I have heard he has been dominating everyone in the room at the upper weights. “AJ like strength and speed”

I think this staff needs a little more time but the seat is definitely getting warmer than it has ever been. Unfortunately the misses with recruiting in either character or not panning out have hurt. Also lack of willing to change in recruiting until recently has set the program back as much as the lack of financial report.

What are everyone’s thoughts for next year?

I think we will be somewhat better than this year. So much depends upon injuries and wrestler development as it has every year. We’ve had terrible luck with injuries the past few years. Then there’s the intangibles like wrestlers turning out to be Roid raged morons! Hopefully all of those will be at Iowa now.

I think we’ll have a better shot of winning the Big 12 although we may not be able to overcome Missouri quite yet. We may sneak back into the bottom of the Top 10 of the NCAA’s, but that would be about the best that could be hoped for.

Being in the Top 5, much less the Top 2 or 3 is light years away!

Will be interesting to see what the roster is for next season.

I don’t think mastro is back but that could still be up in the air. Last I had heard neither were with the team.

Hopefully fix is back at 133lbs. Although, moving fix down to 125 and carter to 133 might be better for the team?

Could be a little log jam at 141, 149, 157. I’ve heard good things about Jordan Williams. Teague Travis, Luke Mechler, Victor are all going to be around that area. Will be fun to see how that works out. All American transfer coming in?

165 will be completely open unless wittlake comes back down?

174 Plott returns

184 Hass? Wittlake? Incoming Freshman Thompson?

197 Luke will be back I’m assuming

Hwt. Carroll. I have heard he has been dominating everyone in the room at the upper weights. “AJ like strength and speed”

I think this staff needs a little more time but the seat is definitely getting warmer than it has ever been. Unfortunately the misses with recruiting in either character or not panning out have hurt. Also lack of willing to change in recruiting until recently has set the program back as much as the lack of financial report.

What are everyone’s thoughts for next year?
Pretty sure Fix could also technically take an Olympic redshirt next year, then come back and wrestle his last year in 2025. Would be one hell of a long college career though.

Back