2023 championships

Cowboyfanatic87

Patreon Supporter
Fix with the pin

Reese got pinned by Pat Glory

Carter got dominated. Knee does not look healthy. He dislocated the patella at big 12s. Just not enough time to heal up.

Victor falls 3-2. Wrestled hard, but tough matchup

Gfeller wins 6-5 in overtime. To close for comfort but a win is a win

Sheets starts strong and then sputters, loses 13-5

Plott wins 3-2

Last edited:
125: (31) Reece Witcraft v. (2) Pat Glory (Princeton): Glory pins him in 32 seconds

133: (2) Daton Fix v. (31) Jack Maida (American): Fix pins him in 2:16

141: (13) Carter Young v. (20) Jakob Bergeland (Minnesota): Young looks terrible (still hurt?) losing 0-5.

149: (23) Victor Voinovich v. (10) Michael Blockhus (Minnesota): Vic wrestles tough and just can't pull out the upset. 2-3.

157: (10) Kaden Gfeller v. (23) Peter Pappas (GMU): Pappas takes him to overtime, but G pulls it out 7-5

165: (31) Wyatt Sheets v. (2) Kegan O'Toole (Missouri): O'Toole gets a td in 1st, 2 in the 2nd, reverse in 3rd, lost 5-13

174: (5) Dustin Plott v. (28) Luca Augustine (Pitt): No score end of 1, trade escapes, Plott with TD 37 seconds left to go up 3-1. 3-2 after the escape. Weak effort here. Should have been bonus.

184: (10) Travis Wittlake v. (23) Dylan Connell (Illinois): Wittlake dominates on top, but can't ever get the back points, and wins 4-0. Another lost chance for bonus.

197: (15) Luke Surber v. (18) Tanner Harvey (Oregon State): Surber goes out and does when he's supposed to do and wins 8-1. (Last 4 was from desperation shot by Harvey.)

HWT: (20) Konner Doucet v. (13) Tyrell Gordon (UNI): Typical low scoring match from Doucet. Lost because he couldn't get out from bottom, but tbf Gordon spent the whole period pushing him out. 1-2 loss.

Last edited:
Good grief it drives me crazy when you have a match on the line like Doucet does and you have to have a takedown or you’re going to lose and you go an entire two minutes without even attempting a takedown. I do not understand what is in their heads.

Good grief it drives me crazy when you have a match on the line like Doucet does and you have to have a takedown or you’re going to lose and you go an entire two minutes without even attempting a takedown. I do not understand what is in their heads.
Same...man...same...
In the office, screaming at him to take a shot...something. Why go alternate and give him the point and then not go full on for the 2min? Did he forget about RT? SMDH

Wrestling has always been my number one sport at OSU. Watching us for years dominate college wrestling, never finishing out of the top three and usually either first or second was the norm. It is extremely sad to me that we are completely irrelevant and have no hope of even a top 10 finish. I don’t know if what we once were can be salvaged, but something needs to be done to restore relevancy. I watch the domination that I was used to seeing wearing orange and now it wears blue and white or black and gold. I hope to see us back among the elite sometime soon or at the very least relevant again. If we were in the Big Ten right now, we would be in the lower half of that conference in wrestling.

Wrestling has always been my number one sport at OSU. Watching us for years dominate college wrestling, never finishing out of the top three and usually either first or second was the norm. It is extremely sad to me that we are completely irrelevant and have no hope of even a top 10 finish. I don’t know if what we once were can be salvaged, but something needs to be done to restore relevancy. I watch the domination that I was used to seeing wearing orange and now it wears blue and white or black and gold. I hope to see us back among the elite sometime soon or at the very least relevant again. If we were in the Big Ten right now, we would be in the lower half of that conference in wrestling.
Honestly I think a lot of it will settle back in once the COVID era kids work their way out. The teams that are dominate right now had the fortune of being young and talented. You see it across all NCAA sports.

Honestly I think a lot of it will settle back in once the COVID era kids work their way out. The teams that are dominate right now had the fortune of being young and talented. You see it across all NCAA sports.
They dominated us before covid. Why should it be different after Covid kids are gone?

After Round 1: 14th Place (7.0 Points) We won the ones we were supposed to (except carter who we know is probably hurt). We did not score bonus when we could (outside of Fix). We did not have any upsets our way. Now's the time to start doing some damage though.

Championship Bracket:

133: (2) Fix v. (15) Kyle Bbiscoglia (UNI): 8-4 win by Fix that was closer than it should have been. 6-4 until a late reverse. Yet another loss of a chance at bonus.

157: (10) Gfeller v. (7) Bryce Andonian (Virginia Tech): G gets dominated 11-3. Drops to consolations.

174: (5) Plott v. (12) Aaron Olmos (Oregon St.): Plott down early but comes back for the 10-6 win. Conditioning played a big part here.

184: (10) Wittlake v. (7) Hunter Bolen (Virginia Tech): Wittlake gest dominated on top. 1-6 loss.

197: (15) Surber v. (2) Bernie Truax (Cal Poly): Surber worked hard, but just couldnt get anything going. 2-8 loss, leaving only 2 guys in championship bracket.

Last edited:
Consolations:

125: (31) Witcraft v. (18) Ryan Miller (Penn): Witcraft injury defaults with a concussion. :( OUT

141: (13) Young v. (29) Jordan Titus (West Virginia): Titus wins 4-1. Young could not finish any shots and couldn't get out from bottom. OUT

149: (23) Voinovich v. (26) Nate Higley (GMU): Voinovich came to play - barely missed a major 15-8.

165: (31) Sheets v. (18) Maxx Mayfield (Northwestern): Sheets gave up a early TD, but came back with one of his own and a rideout in 2nd. Backpoints and top domination by sheets in the 3d for the 7-2 upset win!

HWT: (20) Doucet v. (29) Jaron Smith (Maryland): Doucet kept it close until the end and just couldn't get it done. 3-7 loss. OUT

Last edited:
Back