Trump 2024 Run Thread

I'm so confused on what is so hard to understand. If somebody breaks the law, they deserve to be punished no matter who they are. That's a fundamental building block of our society - or at least it used to be. If Trumps conviction means that more powerful people have to pay the price for breaking laws, that's a HUGE win for everybody. Dem or rep - break the law, pay the price. How is that opinion divisive?

Do any of you Trump supporters ever take a long, hard, objective look at him and think..."man, THIS is the guy I'm laying it all on the line for. This orange buffoon" ? And then freak out a little bit?
Cultists are gonna cult, so….they don’t at all.

My point is simple. If you’re ok with the trial and verdict handed down on Trump this week because he broke the law (maybe he did 🤷‍♂️)and was convicted by a jury of his peers (he was) and NO ONE is above the law after all (they shouldn’t be ….right?) Then why in the heck would you have a problem when the other side continues to go down the same path? We all know the answer….because next time it is going to be a Democrat. I’ve been saying it since all of this started and now the chickens are coming home to roost. My prediction was, and still is, the Dems are going to wish they hadn’t gone down this path. The truth, in this particular case, is that it will be overturned on appeal…..after the Dems are able to campaign on the verdict up to the election. What pisses me off the most is when they look right into the camera and boldly state that it wasn’t political 😂😂😂. Of course it was. And it will be political when the worm turns and the GOP does the same damn thing. If you want to strut around about how this is all going down then power to you….just have some dignity and don’t start the sky screaming and pearl clutching when someone points out that two can play this game. It’s a bad look.

IDK. It's not like anyone here is rushing to the defense of Bob Menendez. Pretty much the general consensus has been if someone commits a crime and is found guilty then cool.

TrumPETS and Magastani cultists: Trump is innocent, this is a travesty, lawfare, and a violation of his constitutional and human rights, and when he’s re-elected, WE ARE GOING TO DO THE EXACT SAME THING TO HIS ENEMIES!

Which the logic therein is reasonably and rationally called out.

Rational people: Trump committed a crime. It’s good he was convicted. The system worked. We look forward to criminals being prosecuted and convicted whatever their power, politics or position.

IDK. It's not like anyone here is rushing to the defense of Bob Menendez. Pretty much the general consensus has been if someone commits a crime and is found guilty then cool.
Menedez just accepted bribes. All of them get rich. They are just persecuting him. It isn't like Bob is doing anything that the rest of them don't do...... yada, yada, yada.

This is the post I responded to:

View attachment 5014
Polds posted it and I simply posted that nobody should have a problem with this in any way whatsoever if they agree with the way Trump is being handled. Jimmies were rustled, panties were wadded, and pearls were clutched. Per usual.
If they want to investigate crimes then I have no issues, just apply equally regardless of party. Same for Blue State AGs and DAs.

Last edited:
Yeah, I probably could have worded that better.

It’s not.

Then why was it wrong to prosecute Trump?

So you can both co-sign on this statement….right?
Rational people: Trump committed a crime. It’s good he was convicted. The system worked. We look forward to criminals being prosecuted and convicted whatever their power, politics or position.
Right?

Trump said he would have loved to have testified at his trial but didn't because he was afraid the media would report his testimony as being quite the opposite of what he meant or as he put it, "I would have loved to have testified, to this day I would’ve liked to have testified, but you would have said something out of whack like it was beautiful sunny day and it was actually raining out, and I very much appreciate the big crowd of people outside, that’s incredible what’s happening, the level of support has been incredible.”

Probably his lawyers feared he wouldn't make good sense and stray off. But I suppose Trump's supporters find his manner of speaking to be very cute and charming for an old man.

Back