House GOP moves to Re-name US coastal Exclusive Economic Zone waters after Trump

This doesn't hold true for 12 million ILLEGAL immigrants. Which I clearly stated. Sure we need immigration, but we aren't providing jobs for 12 million, we're just putting a strain on the economy.
I know you stated it--I am directly challenging that assertion. Feel free to peruse the economic benefits immigrants have and the cost we pay with our current, narrow, immigration policies:

I know you stated it--I am directly challenging that assertion. Feel free to peruse the economic benefits immigrants have and the cost we pay with our current, narrow, immigration policies:

"The vast majority" how do they reach that conclusion when they are undocumented?

How does an illegal immigrant own a business? How do they pay taxes?

Does not compute.
Screenshot_20240721_105250_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
"The vast majority" how do they reach that conclusion when they are undocumented?

How does an illegal immigrants own a business? How do they pay taxes?

Does not compute.
View attachment 5879
The point is you would make the majority of immigration legal. Thus they would pay taxes, etc. Instead of what we have now.

How does an illegal immigrants own a business? How do they pay taxes?

Does not compute.
View attachment 5879

What does it cost us for them to be here? I'm assuming it's something like education and healthcare but I'm not sure how that is quantified. Healthcare is kinda messed up right now and there is a whole different thread about that so I'm not sure if whatever resources are dedicated that way really changes what needs to be done to improve that situation much. Again, don't know, just speculation on my part. With regards to education it's probably a net positive assuming children that are educated here stick around. Also speculation on my part and if I'm wrong, I have no problem admitting it.

As far as how they pay taxes, there are going to be a portion with forged documentation that allow their employers to treat their wages the same way they would someone here legally. I'm not saying that's right or wrong, but it's something that happens. As to those completely off the grid, well they have to eat and live somewhere. The amount they actually pay in taxes is dependent on their location and living situation but they do in many ways generate economic growth.

As to what they do, the obvious answer is stuff most of us don't want to, at least not for the wages they are paid. I'm sure there are people out there who are willing to pick strawberries or work in a chicken barn for $30/hr but then either those businesses are far less profitable or (more likely) they pass the cost of labor on to the consumer. This creates a different set of issues for the average American. Again, not saying anything is right or wrong, just stating how I view the reality of the situation.

Now there are jobs Americans are willing to do that immigrants do take. I'm not sure how many industries or anything like that but from my knowledge of the trucking industry there are firms out there that hire a lot of employees who definately have English as a 2nd language if at all. And I'm not saying they hire illegal immigrants as I can't speak honestly to that, but I have seen enough truckers that I wonder how they find their destinations because it's clear they cannot speak the language. This happens often because they are willing to drive for cheaper rates.

They are still a net positive for the country regardless, so the logic doesn't track.
And I don't agree.

If they were a net positive, then why are even staunch democrats now admitting we have a border crisis?

Why would we even have immigration laws if having no restrictions is a net positive?

And I don't agree.

If they were a net positive, then why are even staunch democrats now admitting we have a border crisis?

Why would we even have immigration laws if having no restrictions is a net positive?
Even though numbers are down considerably you canā€™t acknowledge it. The Biden administration negotiated a really tough immigration policy with bipartisan support that Felonious Trump nixed because it might help Biden. If you canā€™t admit that youā€™re the not too funny Joker.

And I don't agree.

Because a net benefit does not mean all aspects of illegal immigration are good. The bad parts disproportionately burden border states and a handful of cities. One of the border states, Arizona, is a battleground state that could decide the whole election.

Plus, the optics are bad.

Remember, they also:
- Contribute to taxes more than they recieve benefits for
- Reduce the price of goods and services
- Increase thr size of the us economy.

Furthermore, putting undocumented immigrants on a pathway to citizenship would increase US GDP by $1.7 trillion over the next decade:

And to answer your question on why do we have immigration laws, our current laws are to prevent anyone other than people who are highly qualified from immigrating. Thry are from a bygone era where there were concerns with the demographics changing too much/too fast.

I support Ellis Island style immigration. If you are not a criminal, terrorist or a foreign agent, you should be able to immigrate and have some sort of a path to citizenship.

Even though numbers are down considerably you canā€™t acknowledge it. The Biden administration negotiated a really tough immigration policy with bipartisan support that Felonious Trump nixed because it might help Biden. If you canā€™t admit that youā€™re the not too funny Joker.
What part of your rambling has anything to do with the discussion?

You seem to resort to "felonious" "white supremacy" etc al, when you have nothing to contribute Wile E.

Idk. Felonious Trump has a nice sound to it.
Well, at this point in time, it's obviously true. So I guess I'm waiting to hear how Trump's felonies led to 12 million illegals crossing the border. And I'm sure someone here will "Kevin Bacon" that for me. šŸ˜‚

Well, at this point in time, it's obviously true. So I guess I'm waiting to hear how Trump's felonies led to 12 million illegals crossing the border. And I'm sure someone here will "Kevin Bacon" that for me. šŸ˜‚

Nothing proposed by any administration is going to stop illegal immigration.

If you are serious about stopping illegal immigration you have to create a situation where people have no incentive to immigrate. That is either done by making living conditions better where they live or making conditions worse here. Obviously no one wants the latter and although the former is possible it would cost a piss ton of money. We have a significant portion of the population unhappy we are using resources to keep a regional threat from becoming a global one so I doubt any politician will burn political capital trying to make life easier for people who had the audacity to be born in Central America.

Back