Trump 2024 Run Thread

Trump already talking about giving this guy a cabinet position...he is literally boosting material saying that a PERSON'S ability to govern is based on their testosterone levels

Meaning he is boosting t the idea that only Alpha Males with high testosterone levels are capable of making the decisions needed to be in government

What a joke

1000003014.png

Trump already talking about giving this guy a cabinet position...he is literally boosting material saying that a PERSON'S ability to govern is based on their testosterone levels

Meaning he is boosting t the idea that only Alpha Males with high testosterone levels are capable of making the decisions needed to be in government

What a joke

View attachment 6866
You mean these bastions of independent thinking and decision-making?
1725484301396.jpeg

Still pushing tariffs and claiming if they are small enough they won't be passed on to US consumers.​

Trump to Tap Musk to Head Proposed Government Efficiency Commission

NEW YORK—Donald Trump outlined a suite of economic proposals in a speech here Thursday, including formally introducing a government efficiency commission to be headed by Elon Musk, cutting the corporate tax rate to 15% for companies that make products in the U.S., and creating a sovereign-wealth fund.

He also said he would rescind certain unspent funds appropriated during the Biden administration and proposed barring people in the country illegally from obtaining a mortgage.

The commission would conduct “a complete financial and performance audit of the entire federal government” and make “recommendations for drastic reform,” the Republican former president said in an appearance before the Economic Club of New York. The goal would be to identify ways to eliminate fraud and improper payments, Trump said.

Trump and Musk have grown close as Musk’s political views have become more conservative. In a recent conversation on X, the entrepreneur suggested Trump form a commission tackling government spending as a way to address inflation.

Musk said last month “I’d be happy to help out on such a commission,” and on Thursday said on X “I look forward to serving America if the opportunity arises. No pay, no title, no recognition is needed.”

Trump said Thursday that Musk agreed to be the head of the commission.

Musk’s businesses including Tesla and SpaceX are regulated by several federal agencies, potentially leading to conflicts of interest should he become actively involved in a commission on government spending.

SpaceX’s most important customers include the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, which relies on the rocket company to transport astronauts to the space station, and the Pentagon, which uses SpaceX to launch national security satellites. Tesla’s car sales and energy business are also subsidized by federal tax credits and grants issued from various agencies.

Musk’s social-media platform X is regulated by the Federal Trade Commission, and his brain implant startup Neuralink is regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

Thursday’s speech provided Trump with a high-profile opportunity to sharpen his focus on the economy—often cited by voters as their No. 1 issue in the election. The address came days ahead of Tuesday’s debate with Vice President Kamala Harris in Philadelphia.

The most recent Wall Street Journal poll shows Trump holds an 8-point advantage over Harris when voters are asked who would best handle the economy and a 5-point lead on handling inflation. However, Trump had a wider advantage when President Biden was in the race.

Harris, whose candidacy Trump has cast as lacking substance, has been fleshing out her own proposals, including a 10-fold expansion of the small-business startup tax deduction. On Wednesday, she also outlined a less drastic increase in the top capital-gains tax rate than Biden had weighed, though at 33%, the all-in top capital-gains rate would be the highest since 1978. Harris has also mimicked Trump’s proposal to eliminate taxes on tips, though not his plan to eliminate taxes on Social Security for seniors.

Harris, in speeches and TV ads, has tried to portray Trump as looking out for big business and the wealthy. He wants to extend the 2017 tax cuts, parts of which lapse after 2025, and further reduce the corporate tax rate for at least some companies to a level below the current 21%. (Harris would bump it to 28%).

During the speech, Trump called for a reduction in the corporate rate “to 15% solely for companies that make their product in America.” He added: “My message is simple. Make your product here in America and only in America.”

Trump has repeatedly sought to remind voters that Harris worked hand-in-hand with Biden during a period of high inflation and high interest rates. As he did during his speech, Trump has broadly cast Harris’s ideas, which include a crackdown on “price-gouging,” as too liberal.

The former president has long taken aim at the 2022 Inflation Reduction Act, which called for spending hundreds of billions of dollars to affect a swath of climate, healthcare and tax policies. In his speech, Trump said he would rescind unspent funds under the law. His campaign didn’t provide specifics, but the threat has alarmed Democrats. The White House, for example, is racing to lend money under a clean-energy program that has faced criticism for moving too slowly.

There was more than $50 billion in unspent IRA funds at the Internal Revenue Service alone as of March 31, according to a government report. If Trump has a Republican Congress, lawmakers would be eager to pull that money back, shrinking the tax agency’s ability to boost enforcement. He would need congressional approval to repeal tax credits under the law.

Some Republicans have been wary of repealing all of the law’s energy credits, as many of the projects are being built in GOP-held districts. In a speech in Raleigh today, Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen is expected to say that eliminating the IRA’s tax credits would be a historic mistake because of the climate and jobs benefits the administration says they will bring.

“It could give a leg up to China and other countries that are also investing to compete in these critical industries,” Yellen was to say, according to prepared remarks.

In his 2016 campaign, Trump promised to eliminate two regulations for every new one; during his speech Thursday, he called for even deeper cuts. He is proposing extending regulation cuts to lower housing costs and opening up portions of federal land for large-scale housing construction.

Trump reaffirmed that his administration would better embrace crypto, an industry where he has sought support for his re-election bid.

He also defended his plans to impose broad tariffs on imports, which some economists say will raise consumer prices. Trump has called for tariffs of 10% to 20%—and even higher rates on China—to boost domestic manufacturing.

“Smart tariffs will not create inflation, they will combat inflation,” Trump said. “A combination of fair trade, tax cuts, regulatory cuts and energy abundance will allow us to produce more goods, better and cheaper right here in the U.S.A.”

US charges former Trump 2016 campaign adviser Dimitri Simes over work for sanctioned Russian TV

WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. government has charged a Russian-born U.S. citizen and former adviser to Donald Trump's 2016 presidential campaign with working for a sanctioned Russian state television network and laundering the proceeds.

Indictments announced Thursday by the Department of Justice allege that Dimitri Simes and his wife received over $1 million dollars and a personal car and driver in exchange for work they did for Russia's Channel One since June 2022. The network was sanctioned by the U.S. in 2022 over Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

Simes, 76, and his wife, Anastasia Simes, have a home in Virginia and are believed to be in Russia.

“These defendants allegedly violated sanctions that were put in place in response to Russia’s illegal aggression in Ukraine,” U.S. Attorney Matthew M. Graves said in a statement announcing the indictments. “Such violations harm our national security interests — a fact that Dimitri Simes, with the deep experience he gained in national affairs after fleeing the Soviet Union and becoming a U.S. citizen, should have uniquely appreciated.”

The indictments come at a time of renewed concern about Russian efforts to meddle with the upcoming U.S. election using online disinformation and propaganda. On Wednesday federal authorities charged two employees of the Russian media organization RT with covertly funding a Tennessee company that produced pro-Russian content.

Simes, who led a Washington think tank called the Center for the National Interest, figured prominently in special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election and potential ties to the Trump campaign.

The report chronicles interactions that the Soviet-born Simes, who immigrated to the U.S. in the 1970s, had with assorted figures in Trump's orbit, including Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner.

Before one such meeting, according to the Mueller report, Simes sent Kushner a letter detailing potential talking points for Trump about Russia and also passed along derogatory information about Bill Clinton that was then forwarded to other representatives of the campaign.

Simes’s think tank helped arrange a foreign policy speech at the Mayflower Hotel in Washington at which Simes introduced Trump. Among those present was Sergei Kislyak, the then-Russian ambassador to the U.S.

Simes was never charged with any crime in relation to the investigation.

After the report was released, Simes defended himself in an interview in The Washington Post: "I did not see anything in the Mueller report that in any way that would indicate any questionable activity on my part or on the center’s part.”

A second indictment alleges that Anastasia Simes, 55, received funds from sanctioned Russian businessman Alexander Udodov. Udodov was sanctioned last year for his support for the Russian government. He is the former brother-in-law of Russian Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin and has been linked to business dealings with both of them. Udodov also has been investigated for money laundering.

If convicted of the charges, the couple face a sentence of up to 20 years in prison.

View attachment 6896
There's never any plan but deport, close the border and cut taxes.
There is no plan to even that and the fact our media won’t hold him accountable is the entire reason we are even close to a second term. Ask him how he will round up 20MM people? What law enforcement do you use? Do they go house by house? What do you do w legal immigrants or even citizens? I don’t carry anything saying I’m legal. My son in law now does bc he’s afraid to go anywhere without “papers.” Where do you process people? What countries do you send them to if they don’t have papers? How do you pay for any of this?

You posted the above and here is the actual transcript.

Well, I would do that, and we're sitting down, and I was, somebody, we had Senator Marco Rubio, and my daughter Ivanka was so, uh, impactful on that issue. It's a very important issue. But I think when you talk about the kind of numbers that I'm talking about, that, because, look, child care is child care is. Couldn't, you know, there's something, you have to have it – in this country you have to have it.

But when you talk about those numbers compared to the kind of numbers that I'm talking about by taxing foreign nations at levels that they're not used to — but they'll get used to it very quickly – and it's not gonna stop them from doing business with us, but they'll have a very substantial tax when they send
product into our country. Uh, those numbers are so much bigger than any numbers that we're talking about, including child care, that it's going to take care.

We're gonna have - I, I look forward to having no deficits within a fairly short period of time, coupled with, uh, the reductions that I told you about on waste and fraud and all of the other things that are going on in our country, because I have to stay with child care. I want to stay with child care, but those numbers are small relative to the kind of economic numbers that I'm talking about, including growth, but growth also headed up by what the plan is that I just, uh, that I just told you about.We're gonna be taking in trillions of dollars, and as much as child care, uh, is talked about as being expensive, it's, relatively speaking, not very expensive compared to the kind of numbers we'll be taking in. We're going to make this into an incredible country that can afford to take care of its people, and then we'll worry about the rest of the world. Let's help other people, but we're going to take care of our country first. This is about America first. It's about Make America Great Again, we have to do it because right now we're a failing nation, so we'll take care of it. Thank you. Very good question. Thank you.

What the actual hell does any of that mean? One party abandoned their candidate while the other party worships their jibber spouting candidate.

There is no plan to even that and the fact our media won’t hold him accountable is the entire reason we are even close to a second term. Ask him how he will round up 20MM people? What law enforcement do you use? Do they go house by house? What do you do w legal immigrants or even citizens? I don’t carry anything saying I’m legal. My son in law now does bc he’s afraid to go anywhere without “papers.” Where do you process people? What countries do you send them to if they don’t have papers? How do you pay for any of this?

You posted the above and here is the actual transcript.

Well, I would do that, and we're sitting down, and I was, somebody, we had Senator Marco Rubio, and my daughter Ivanka was so, uh, impactful on that issue. It's a very important issue. But I think when you talk about the kind of numbers that I'm talking about, that, because, look, child care is child care is. Couldn't, you know, there's something, you have to have it – in this country you have to have it.

But when you talk about those numbers compared to the kind of numbers that I'm talking about by taxing foreign nations at levels that they're not used to — but they'll get used to it very quickly – and it's not gonna stop them from doing business with us, but they'll have a very substantial tax when they send
product into our country. Uh, those numbers are so much bigger than any numbers that we're talking about, including child care, that it's going to take care.

We're gonna have - I, I look forward to having no deficits within a fairly short period of time, coupled with, uh, the reductions that I told you about on waste and fraud and all of the other things that are going on in our country, because I have to stay with child care. I want to stay with child care, but those numbers are small relative to the kind of economic numbers that I'm talking about, including growth, but growth also headed up by what the plan is that I just, uh, that I just told you about.We're gonna be taking in trillions of dollars, and as much as child care, uh, is talked about as being expensive, it's, relatively speaking, not very expensive compared to the kind of numbers we'll be taking in. We're going to make this into an incredible country that can afford to take care of its people, and then we'll worry about the rest of the world. Let's help other people, but we're going to take care of our country first. This is about America first. It's about Make America Great Again, we have to do it because right now we're a failing nation, so we'll take care of it. Thank you. Very good question. Thank you.

What the actual hell does any of that mean? One party abandoned their candidate while the other party worships their jibber spouting candidate.
So many words to say absolutely nothing.

Trump the day after another school shooting: "They had AK-47s. The ultimate guns. AK-47s. They can blow lots of people away real fast."

Trump says he doesn’t want voters who didn’t vote for him in the Republican primary: “I don’t want that person. They say you should take everybody but that's not the way I'm built”

Moments after he tried to take credit for the Biden-Harris economic recovery, Trump claims “100% of the jobs created under this administration” have gone to undocumented immigrants. Seriously.

Back