Trump 2024 Run Thread

I know this is something like what came out of the Onion or something worse crazy, but I don't think so. For the Onion, Trump is too good at making truth stranger than fiction.

Once again, there are just too many gullible liar enablers out there. They are eager to believe Trump, so he's going to keep on lying. But Trump behind their backs probably says he can't believe how gullible people can be for him but he's going to milk them for all they're worth!

Donald Trump claims that schools are performing gender-affirming surgery on students​

Last edited:
I know this is something like what came out of the Onion or something worse crazy, but I don't think so. For the Onion, Trump is too good at making truth stranger than fiction.

Once again, there are just too many gullible liar enablers out there. They are eager to believe Trump, so he's going to keep on lying. But Trump behind their backs probably says he can't believe how gullible people can be for him but he's going to milk them for all they're worth!

Donald Trump claims that schools are performing gender-affirming surgery on students​

I think he ascribes to the adage,
“No one ever lost money underestimating the intelligence of the American public.”

Unfortunately, he hasn’t been proven wrong.

I despise conspiracy theories, but the Trump assassination attempt is bizarre for many reasons. One of which is Trump’s failure to continue leveraging the incident. He’s obviously not above using tragedy for campaigning—see Arlington Cemetery. This tweet and the replies poise interesting questions. I still find it farfetched to believe it was staged. I just can’t imagine that being the case.

I despise conspiracy theories, but the Trump assassination attempt is bizarre for many reasons. One of which is Trump’s failure to continue leveraging the incident. He’s obviously not above using tragedy for campaigning—see Arlington Cemetery. This tweet and the replies poise interesting questions. I still find it farfetched to believe it was staged. I just can’t imagine that being the case.
Something is very fishy about it. The trump campaign seems to want the story to be buried, perhaps so it's not looked into further? A former president was almost killed and it was a blip in the news cycle. It's insane.

Don’t want to sound flippant but Trump said the bullet blew his whole ear off. He covered it up with a huge patch when a bandaid would have sufficed. His worshipers wore fake bandages to honor his bravado. Not sure how much more leverage he could manage with a whole ear.

Something is very fishy about it. The trump campaign seems to want the story to be buried, perhaps so it's not looked into further? A former president was almost killed and it was a blip in the news cycle. It's insane.
To paraphrase Elon Musk:

It is very interesting....worth considering.

;)

This forum is becoming crazier and loonier. I think the political forum has officially jumped the shark.
Thanks for that spectacular contribution. Like I said, I don’t think it was faked, but I also don’t understand what happened, why it happened, or why it fell out of the news cycle so quickly (across the political spectrum). But sure, pass it off as lunacy and fail to provide any value. That’s a recipe for a valuable message thread if I’ve ever seen one.

This forum is becoming crazier and loonier. I think the political forum has officially jumped the shark.
Goodbye GIF

Oh, this only makes it more entertaining. I’ve always thought the other OSU site, with the political board, included several posters with crazy far-right ideas and full of conspiracy theories. It only makes sense this forum appeals to a similar level of posters, but in the opposite extreme.
Did you forget which account you were logged into? This really sounds more like a GOGETUMPOKES response. Or maybe it just became too much work to feebly attempt changing voices when you changed sock puppets.

Considering the candidate (or let me be clear so you don't correct me, the side who have chosen the candidate) that you defend while constantly deriding the other side makes you saying that seem like a compliment.

IMHO, anyone considering voting for Trump for short term things like tax rate policy is crazy and loony already. He attempted to overthrow a free election first in a non-violent way then in an (admittedly poorly contrived) violent way. Anyone who thinks "Well, that's ok 'cause I might get $347.32 back on my taxes if he wins again!" just isn't able to properly navigate risk.

Here are the tax rate changes we have survived. I think we will be OK on tax policy:
Screenshot 2024-09-04 at 1.49.03 PM.png

Considering the candidate (or let me be clear so you don't correct me, the side who have chosen the candidate) that you defend while constantly deriding the other side makes you saying that seem like a compliment.

IMHO, anyone considering voting for Trump for short term things like tax rate policy is crazy and loony already. He attempted to overthrow a free election first in a non-violent way then in an (admittedly poorly contrived) violent way. Anyone who thinks "Well, that's ok 'cause I might get $347.32 back on my taxes if he wins again!" just isn't able to properly navigate risk.

Here are the tax rate changes we have survived. I think we will be OK on tax policy:
View attachment 6864
Tax rates aren't even up to POTUS. They can be pushed by POTUS but there's only so much that can be done without having control of both houses as well (with a large majority in the senate).

So agree completely. Trading a man that already tried to violently remain in office and has been rightfully charged of a massive number of federal and state level felonies over someone who has none of those characteristics... it just doesn't make sense to me.

I know people's pocket books talk but really... that guy?

Back