Trump 2024 Run Thread

Trump: You know what net zero, they have no idea what it means by the way. It’s net zero. What does that mean? Nobody knows. Ask her what it means. We are going to go to a net zero policy. What does that mean? Uh, I have no idea.
So does he not know, or is he trying to say she doesn't know what it is even though it's going to be her policy?

Hey Vets..hey teachers. Did you know the Trump campaign considers you this way...and TRUMP HIMSELF TODAY IN NC said that Walz has never had a real job ever in his life because he hasn't worked in the private sector

Trump spokesperson Caroline Sunshine insultingly dismissed VP candidate Tim Walz's 24 years of National Guard service and teaching career, claiming he’s never had a "real job." This baseless attack reeks of ignorance, undermining the value of public service and military sacrifice.

"The Trump campaign’s post yesterday about the 'Third World' went beyond Trump’s known obsession with migrant crime to highlight an embrace of the 'Great Replacement' theory," Charles Sykes writes:

Trump: The head of the prime minister of Hungary, tough man, strong man, somebody always I got along with, I get along with the strong ones, I do not get along with the weak ones. *points to head* It's a personality defect

Hey RNC gets it's first ever Union leader as a speaker last month and then their candidate goes on a global live stream and trashes Unions ...yeah .he had a VERY STRONG response

BREAKING: RNC SPEAKER SEAN O’BRIEN DENOUNCES TRUMP’S ECONOMIC TERRORISM

Just unhinged

Despite GOP calls for Trump to focus on policy, he called Harris "crazy," referred to Biden as "stupid" and said Democratic vice presidential candidate Tim Walz was "a clown."

we are at the point now where if trump wins this thing, our country has lost their ever loving minds...
The Trump campaign planned to run against Biden on crime, immigration and inflation. But now crime is down, border crossings are lower than when Trump left office, inflation just hit a 3-year low, and Biden is no longer his opponent. Oops.

Reactions: PF5
Trump gave a shout out to the 3 GA Election Board members who violated the Open Meetings Act when they secretly met to allow more partisan poll workers to observe the election.

Trump called them “pit bulls fighting for honesty, transparency and victory.” As for "honesty" & "transparency" - that's an obvious "no". As for "victory" - THAT IS THE OPPOSITE OF THEIR JOB. He is spending more time rigging the system (creating new defendants) than courting new voters. Guess he's confident he'll lose?

Don’t try to understand trump. Trump doesn’t understand trump.
I suspect the idiot does understand himself. His problem is he doesn't understand why so many people don't understand him. So, like an insane idiot he just keeps saying stupid stuff over and over again hoping people will finally understand him.

Just unhinged

Despite GOP calls for Trump to focus on policy, he called Harris "crazy," referred to Biden as "stupid" and said Democratic vice presidential candidate Tim Walz was "a clown."

Does Trump's closest advisors ever tell him he needs to cut the personal attacks and focus on the issues? I hope not.

Does Trump's closest advisors ever tell him he is not doing a great enough job with the personal attacks and needs to double them up? I hope so.

Catherine Rampell: There are too many things to fact check, but I can go through a few that I jotted down while I was watching it. He talked about how there was a war on American energy which is not true. He said bacon prices have gone up 4x or 5x what they used to be, not true. He talked about how deporting immigrants would help with inflation, it would probably raise inflation.

we are at the point now where if trump wins this thing, our country has lost their ever loving minds...

I'll keep saying it again and again, but its the two parties that have lost their minds. The DNC basically just ousted someone who was certainly going to lose to trump and nominated someone who truly could lose to trump. All the while they could have just had an honest primary and have a nomination in hand that would almost certainly beat Trump.

I'll keep saying it again and again, but its the two parties that have lost their minds. The DNC basically just ousted someone who was certainly going to lose to trump and nominated someone who truly could lose to trump. All the while they could have just had an honest primary and have a nomination in hand that would almost certainly beat Trump.
Anyone other than Harris would have a distinct disadvantage financially. Only Harris could inherit the funds, and unify the party in short order. Thank you Joe! Sanity v. Chaos your choice.

Anyone other than Harris would have a distinct disadvantage financially. Only Harris could inherit the funds, and unify the party in short order. Thank you Joe! Sanity v. Chaos your choice.
To add on. How do you have a full primary starting in 2nd half of July? Once Biden stated he wanted to run this year, there is little option for any party affiliated candidates to run in the primary unless the party is pushing him out from the start (horrible political move if you want to get anything done for thevrest of his term).

So taking that into account how do you get a change in candidate once it became VERY obvious he was not doing as well mentally as people thought? The only real option in mid July is to have the current VP step into the roll. If ANYONE else had come forward to run against her I might accept that maybe her selection as nominee wasn't fully above board. But she had no competition once Biden dropped out.

Back