Trump 2024 Run Thread

Yes that is a mischaracterization. I want ALL citizens to keep more of the money they earned.

New tax subject (non-federal):
However, I am in favor of one age-based tax policy. I support freezing property tax rates for seniors. I hate when seniors on fixed-income are forced out of their home due to new assessments on the property they have lived in for years.
Then you want to bankrupt the nation.

Keep living in your libertarian fairy tail where everyone can just keep their money in the face of $35 trillion of debt and it will all just work out. Dangerously stupid.

It’s not a binary policy decision. Should a sr who is paying rent or a sr living in assisted living have their rents frozen? What about someone who brings in a parent and is the primary caregiver? What age do we set?

Do you means test on income? What about srs who own multiple properties in multiple states? Are srs allowed to buy property and then “lease” it to family members?

What do you think the county will do to assessments to make up the shortfall?

What about freezing property taxes on 1st time home buyers for 10 yrs as long as they use that money to pay off principal?

So no I don’t think freezing property taxes on srs is a good tax policy.
We are wasting our time. His thinking is at the level of tax=bad, spending=bad. He doesn't give any thought beyond that.

Did he just mix up Indian American with Native American? "First Indian American Senator, I think Pocahontas has something to say about that"...
I think

So my dislike of Trump is well-documented, but that isn't what he said. He called out that she was 'Indian-American' when it benefited her and she was a 'black-American' when it benefited her. He is correctly calling her out for trading on her race.

I think

So my dislike of Trump is well-documented, but that isn't what he said. He called out that she was 'Indian-American' when it benefited her and she was a 'black-American' when it benefited her. He is correctly calling her out for trading on her race.
Ok u find me the proof where she did that...she didn't...the PRESS defined her Different ways and said those things...not Kamala

A source close to Harris also said Trump’s comments were “painful.”

“It’s simply a lie and easily disproved,” this person added. “She went to Howard for Christ sake! She’s an AKA.”

While a student at Howard, Harris was a member of the Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, a historically Black organization.

He on fire at his rally tonight

Trump on Corey Comperatore's widow: "Corey's wife said, 'I'd rather have my husband.' Isn't that good? I know a lot of wives that would not say that, I'm sorry." (Crowd laughs)

That is like someone who is bankrupt saying 'But, but, I made extra payments on my mortgage by borrowing money from a home equity loan so I should get to keep my house!!"
The subject is income tax. As is shown below, there is an enormous debt. Paying into one government program in slight excess then borrowing all of that money to fund HUGE amounts of other spending is not paying your way.

not understanding simple math, nevermind economics.
* Have no idea if your bankrupt analogy made sense to you when you typed it out.
* As I have mentioned to you MANY times, cuts have to be made in spending. I get we differ in ideology here. I want citizens to keep more of their money and you would rather the government make decisions….but we do not have a revenue problem. We have a spending problem. You are letting your ideology blind you here.
* Yes, simple math like the FTT calculation that you asked for on a different thread last week, but didn’t understand.

It’s not a binary policy decision. Should a sr who is paying rent or a sr living in assisted living have their rents frozen? What about someone who brings in a parent and is the primary caregiver? What age do we set?

So no I don’t think freezing property taxes on srs is a good tax policy.
If the rents are government housing…sure freeze them for seniors. If the senior living center is a government run facility…yes I support freezing costs for seniors to the government.

Back