Trump 2024 Run Thread

ABC's Rachel Scott: "My question is on those [Jan. 6] rioters who assaulted officers. Would you pardon them?"
Trump: "Oh, absolutely I would. If they're innocent."

Scott: "They've been convicted."
[Audience laughs]
Trump: "Well, they were convicted by a very tough system."

I hate the argument of fixed income. Nearly every person working in this country is on a fixed income.

And yes younger people do for the most part fund the wealthy.
1st point: So are you against freezing property taxes for seniors?

2nd point: “Younger people do for the most part fund the wealthy”.
We are talking two different things. I am referring to ALL senior citizens have paid into SS their entire lives. Although people point out there is an annual contribution limit…there is also a withdrawal maximum. Currently, the maximum SS benefit is $45K. For a wealthy senior that is a fraction (20%-35%) of what they could expect in the market from their SS contributions.

Last edited:
1st point: So are you against freezing property taxes for seniors?

2nd point: “Younger people do for the most part fund the wealthy”.
We are talking two different things. I am referring to ALL senior citizens have paid into SS their entire lives. Although people point out there is an annual contribution limit…there is also a withdrawal maximum. Currently, the maximum SS benefit is $45K. For a wealthy senior that is a fraction (20%-35%) of what they could expect in the market from their SS contributions.
True to form.

You made the statements. I only pointed out the absurdity.

You then moved the goal posts.

But I’ll play. Why are you for creating a divisive tax system? Aren’t we all Americans. Since Rs won’t increase the minimum wage are you ok w young people who are out on their own being on a fixed income but seeing their rent increase?

True to form.

You made the statements. I only pointed out the absurdity.

You then moved the goal posts.

But I’ll play. Why are you for creating a divisive tax system? Aren’t we all Americans. Since Rs won’t increase the minimum wage are you ok w young people who are out on their own being on a fixed income but seeing their rent increase?
I’ll play as well. What goal posts did I move?

Thinking a policy of allowing seniors to keep their SS money is divisive??

You going to dodge first question?

Unbelievable. Trump's National Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt doubled down on Trump's racist comments claiming Kamala Harris "turned Black," saying Trump was just being "honest."

"Well, her parents are Jamaican and Indian heritage."

Alcindor: I was sitting in the room where Trump was speaking at NABJ and people were stunned. People were stunned, gasping, some people were shouting back at him saying ‘that's a lie’

What a disaster. Now I see why the campaign had to previously fill a room with white supporters wearing “Blacks For Trump” shirts Trump was supposed to speak for an hour and his team pulled him off 35 minutes in when panelists begin asking project 2025 questions

I’ll play as well. What goal posts did I move?

Thinking a policy of allowing seniors to keep their SS money is divisive??

You going to dodge first question?
It’s not a binary policy decision. Should a sr who is paying rent or a sr living in assisted living have their rents frozen? What about someone who brings in a parent and is the primary caregiver? What age do we set?

Do you means test on income? What about srs who own multiple properties in multiple states? Are srs allowed to buy property and then “lease” it to family members?

What do you think the county will do to assessments to make up the shortfall?

What about freezing property taxes on 1st time home buyers for 10 yrs as long as they use that money to pay off principal?

So no I don’t think freezing property taxes on srs is a good tax policy.

Holy Sh**

"She really is elevating and pushing her Black side. I think it's 25 percent, maybe" -- Right Side Broadcasting is just going full racist

What the F***. He going to try to use a headline that a news organization wrote about Kamala when she became a senator to justify him saying SHE HAS ALWAYS IDENTIFIED HERSELF as Indian..... complete and utter fabrication.

1000002549.png

Are your replys just on repeat?

Younger people don’t fund wealthy people. 🤣

Seniors paid into the SS fund for 4-5 decades and wealthy seniors only receive a fraction of what they put it.
That is like someone who is bankrupt saying 'But, but, I made extra payments on my mortgage by borrowing money from a home equity loan so I should get to keep my house!!"
The subject is income tax. As is shown below, there is an enormous debt. Paying into one government program in slight excess then borrowing all of that money to fund HUGE amounts of other spending is not paying your way.

If someone is born in the US today is he born with debt that his tax money will have to pay on or pay off. That debt came from the people that borrowed before and he had no say in the matter. To say that the young in this situation don't fund the wealth that came from taking on public debt is someone not understanding simple math, nevermind economics.
Screenshot 2024-07-31 at 5.11.03 PM.png

Holy Sh**

"She really is elevating and pushing her Black side. I think it's 25 percent, maybe" -- Right Side Broadcasting is just going full racist

Did he just mix up Indian American with Native American? "First Indian American Senator, I think Pocahontas has something to say about that"...

Back