Trump 2024 Run Thread

Christ, he looks old. He has always been borderline senile, but I think he may have stepped across that line. Republicans are setting themselves up for an azz-kicking come November. Nobody wanted to vote for old man Joe. They will feel the same way about old man Trump. I'm just glad we don't have to pick between two old azz senile men now. At least we have a choice for someone younger. I would prefer someone on the Republican side that can actually do the job without constantly needing his diaper changed, but you don't always get what you wish for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Christ, he looks old. He has always been borderline senile, but I think he may have stepped across that line. Republicans are setting themselves up for an azz-kicking come November. Nobody wanted to vote for old man Joe. They will feel the same way about old man Trump. I'm just glad we don't have to pick between two old azz senile men now. At least we have a choice for someone younger. I would prefer someone on the Republican side that can actually do the job without constantly needing his diaper changed, but you don't always get what you wish for.
I think Biden's age scared more people than Trump's. Trump's supporters have taken him to the point of idolizing him so I don't think they are seeing what those that don't idolize him see.

It is going to come down to the independent voters deciding if they fear Trump and all his flaws more or if they fear that Harris is too liberal for their economic desires.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Biden's age scared more people than Trump's. Trump's supporters have taken him to the point of idolizing him so I don't think they are seeing what those that don't idolize him see.

It is going to come down to the independent voters deciding if they fear Trump and all his flaws more or if they fear that Harris is too liberal for their economic desires.
“Too liberal for their economic desires “.
I truly hope and pray that more than money determines who people vote for. Could you make a dollar less to save the country from fascism? Is the economy not doing pretty well right now? Or is credit for pulling us out of Covid and supply chain issues just too complicated to fathom? Why can’t credit be given to whom ever it’s due?

I also think it comes down to voter turnout. I’ve seen analysis that says 55% Trump wins like 2016. 60% Harris wins like 2020. 65% Harris wins like Obama.

The rationale was that R #s are baked. Won’t go up or down based on anything that happens in next 90 days. It’s the D and indies that will turnout or stay home. Joe had them at home. Harris to this point is moving that needle.

Donald Trump, in an interview on Fox News, brushed aside multiple requests to walk back or clarify his statement that Christians will never have to vote again if they vote for him this November.

Donald Trump, in an interview on Fox News, brushed aside multiple requests to walk back or clarify his statement that Christians will never have to vote again if they vote for him this November.

Full article:

Mr. Trump’s initial comments, to a group of Christian conservatives on Friday, were interpreted by many Democrats as evidence he would end elections. On Monday, Fox News’s Laura Ingraham urged him to rebut that framing, but he offered instead: “I said, vote for me, you’re not going to have to do it ever again. It’s true.”

We have a candidate for president that at a minimum tried to take an election he didn't win by pressuring state reps now saying that if elected there will be no reason to vote again. How can you possibly accept that in a candidate?

Full article:

Mr. Trump’s initial comments, to a group of Christian conservatives on Friday, were interpreted by many Democrats as evidence he would end elections. On Monday, Fox News’s Laura Ingraham urged him to rebut that framing, but he offered instead: “I said, vote for me, you’re not going to have to do it ever again. It’s true.”

We have a candidate for president that at a minimum tried to take an election he didn't win by pressuring state reps now saying that if elected there will be no reason to vote again. How can you possibly accept that in a candidate?
There's likely a large number of Republicans and a few on this board who have become just as bad as their politicians. Power at any cost.

Full article:

Technically speaking....if they vote for him and he wins, they'll never have to vote for him ever again because he's term-limited from running for a third term.

I'm sure that's what he meant. Even if he doesn't know that's what he meant.

#MAGAThoughtProcess

There's this really bizarre and I'm assuming very tribal reaction MAGA/Republicans have to being told about messed up things their party is up to. They don't get upset with their party for doing/saying terrible things, they get upset with you for telling them their party is doing/saying terrible things.
i feel bad for you bill hader GIF by Team Coco
season 2 netflix GIF by Gilmore Girls

I will say, however, that I see and hear the same reaction from hard core leftists in the same situation.

Black Journalists Convention Co-Chair Resigns after not being consulted prior to announcement of Q&A session with Trump at convention.

The co-chair of this year's National Association of Black Journalists convention, Karen Attiah, has resigned ahead of former President Donald Trump's Q&A at the convention on Wednesday in Chicago.

In a post on X, formerly Twitter, Attiah announced she was stepping down, adding that she wished the "best of luck" to the journalists interviewing Trump. While a "variety" of factors influenced her decision, Attiah said she wasn't consulted about giving Trump a "platform" at the convention.

"To the journalists interviewing Trump, I wish them the best of luck. For everyone else, I'm looking forward to meeting and reconnecting with all of you in the Windy City," Attiah wrote on X.

Context​

Amid the 2024 elections, the National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ) is set to hold its annual multi-day convention in Chicago July 31 to August 4.

On Monday, the NABJ announced that Trump, the Republican presidential nominee, will participate in a Q&A session at the convention on Wednesday.

According to the NABJ's website, the convention known for journalism education, career development, networking, and innovation has previously had special guests and speakers including then-Senator and President Barack Obama, President George W. Bush, President Bill Clinton, Former Vice President and now President Joe Biden, Vice President Kamala Harris, and many others.

What We Know

In a statement published Monday, the NABJ said Trump's Q&A session will "concentrate on the most pressing issues facing the Black community" and will be moderated by ABC News correspondent Rachel Scott, Fox News host Harris Faulkner, and Semafor reporter Kadia Goba.

However, the announcement of Trump's appearance has been met with mixed reviews from Black journalists, including Attiah.

Addressing the concerns, Ken Lemon, NABJ's president, said in a video posted to X that the organization invited both presidential candidates, including Vice President Kamala Harris who recently began her Presidential bid after President Joe Biden stepped down.

Lemon said the organization understands "the serious work of our members," adding that it will be "the opportunity for them to ask the tough questions that will provide the truthful answers Black Americans want and need to know."

He added: "I understand some people have a feeling about this. I understand people are disappointed. I understand people are upset, it is our job also to offer that opportunity for those candidates to be here and not doing that would not be the right thing."

Back