Trump 2024 Run Thread

Trump saying today that seniors should not have to pay income tax on Social Security.
Great thought, just wish he would put that as part of a larger plan instead of what is probably just an empty statement.

What? Dumb to not tax seniors? I prefer to let our senior citizens keep the SS owed to them.

100% disagree.
Well, we would all prefer that nobody has to pay tax. And, everyone can make some sort fo arguement why they should get the break.
And, I realize when you hear the words "tax cut" you are in favor with no further info needed. But, people do have to pay taxes.

So, who does that money come from? Does it come from the generation with the most wealth and who put us $35 trillion in debt or does it come from generations with less wealth who will have to spend their lives dealing with the debt of the past?

If they want to raise the income levels where SS taxes kick in due to inflation. Sure, I'll have a listen. But, seniors have been paying tax on SS and still have amassed wealth more than before. They aren't where the tax relief needs to go. And, yea, I am about to be one.

The wealth of people over 70 as a percent of total has been expanding while they are being taxed. Pandering is the only way to look at that group and say that they need a tax cut more than the workers.
Screenshot 2024-07-31 at 10.46.59 AM.png

Well, we would all prefer that nobody has to pay tax. And, everyone can make some sort fo arguement why they should get the break.
And, I realize when you hear the words "tax cut" you are in favor with no further info needed. But, people do have to pay taxes.

So, who does that money come from? Does it come from the generation with the most wealth and who put us $35 trillion in debt or does it come from generations with less wealth who will have to spend their lives dealing with the debt of the past?

If they want to raise the income levels where SS taxes kick in due to inflation. Sure, I'll have a listen. But, seniors have been paying tax on SS and still have amassed wealth more than before. They aren't where the tax relief needs to go. And, yea, I am about to be one.

The wealth of people over 70 as a percent of total has been expanding while they are being taxed. Pandering is the only way to look at that group and say that they need a tax cut more than the workers.
View attachment 6135
Why not make non Roth IRA’s tax free after a certain age also. If we are saying that SS shouldn’t be taxed either.

View attachment 6135
Strongly disagree that seniors don’t need tax relief. Folly.
Yes, I am in favor of personal freedoms. And certainly want to give more opportunity for our older citizens to enjoy life and the money THEY EARNED

Last edited:
Strongly disagree that seniors don’t need tax relief. Folly.
Yes, I am in favor of personal freedoms. And certainly want to give more opportunity for our older citizens to enjoy life and the money THEY. EARNED

And yet another mischaracterization from the mischaracterization professional.

But, that's ok. Nice to see that only older citizens should keep the money they earned. The younger workers will be forced to fund not only their own lives and government but also the wealthier lives and government of the citizens who never paid for themselves and went before them.

SS should have a constitutional amendment the government can't touch it. It's not a safety net it's a depleted slush fund for them to pillage.
SS should come out of all wages without a cap. It's the best way there is to impose a tax on high wager earners that directly benefits those in need. List one of the thousands of other ways they spend it that don't work as an example or just give me one where people directly benefit more efficiently than from a direct payout they are promised with way way less loop holes to get around it.
SS shouldn't be taxed. I shouldn't pay income, sales, property, estate, utility taxes, payroll taxes, gas taxes, etc etc then pay taxes on the SS I already had taken out as a tax for the years I worked. At the very minimum they should just drop the benefit to what the post tax amount would be and cut the administrative overhead costs while the amount now not distributed grows. Maybe get rid of some of the over 150K the IRS and SS admin employ.

Taxation isn't the problem. Wage earners under 30K receive a net benefit with tax credits now and the top 1% pays 45% of taxes (this is looking at revenue it's a higher % when you factor in sales, property, etc) Is it perfect.....far from it but does lay the burden at the feet of few while benefitting the many....yes. If you took all the wealth as in total listed worth shares, holdings, all of it of the Forbes 400 list....you could pay off the debt and have a little less than 3T in reserve. Problem is by the end of the next Pres term at current spending v revenue you will be 3.8T in debt again (this doesn't factor debt service savings which is huge but I can't calculate that for this BUT it also doesn't account for people paying billions in taxes as individuals now having nothing to pay...it cuts both ways)......10.6T by the end of the 2032 term.

They don't need more from the people they need to quit spending like a drunken spring breaker with a new credit card. There isn't enough taxes available for them to spend what they are. 2023 tax revenue was 4.4T.....1.7T in spending over that. So if you take 2023 and pause spending no changes for inflation, disaster, anything you freeze it and double all taxes (which would break your economy) it would take us 13 years to get out of debt. Debt is 8x revenue!!! That's called bankruptcy in the real world.

They want us fussing over taxes so we aren't talking about how bad they are at their jobs.

And yet another mischaracterization from the mischaracterization professional.

But, that's ok. Nice to see that only older citizens should keep the money they earned. The younger workers will be forced to fund not only their own lives and government but also the wealthier lives and government of the citizens who never paid for themselves and went before them.
Are your replys just on repeat?

Younger people don’t fund wealthy people. 🤣

Seniors paid into the SS fund for 4-5 decades and wealthy seniors only receive a fraction of what they put it.

Last edited:
And yet another mischaracterization

Nice to see that only older citizens should keep the money they earned.
Yes that is a mischaracterization. I want ALL citizens to keep more of the money they earned.

New tax subject (non-federal):
However, I am in favor of one age-based tax policy. I support freezing property tax rates for seniors. I hate when seniors on fixed-income are forced out of their home due to new assessments on the property they have lived in for years.

Last edited:
Yes that is a mischaracterization. I want ALL citizens to keep more of the money they earned.

New tax subject (non-federal):
However, I am in favor of one age-based tax policy. I support freezing property tax rates for seniors. I hate when seniors on fixed-income are forced out of their home due to new assessments on the property they have lived in for years.
I hate the argument of fixed income. Nearly every person working in this country is on a fixed income. Sure people can take second jobs but srs can also return to the work force (I am not advocating for that). You have advocated for that in the past.

And yes younger people do for the most part fund the wealthy. And if you don’t think they want to protect that advantage you haven’t read project 2025.

Black journalist association interview with Trump is off to a smashing start

Q: You have pushed false claims about people like President Barack Obama, saying he was not born in the United States, which is not true. You have told four congresswomen, women of color who were American citizens, to go back to where they came from. So my question, sir, now that you are asking Black supporters to vote for you, why should Black voters trust you after you have used language like that?

Trump: First of all, I don't think I've ever been asked a question in such a horrible manner

Really..REALLY

Trump at NABJ asked why the cop who shot Sonya Massey should have immunity. Trump says he "doesn't know the exact case but I saw something" as the crowd gasps.

Q: We're talking about people who were seen beating police officers and dragging them down the stairs on January 6. They’re on video. You would pardon those insurrectionists?

Trump: You know nobody died that day. You do know that

Speaking at the National Association of Black Journalists conference on Monday, Donald Trump questioned Kamala Harris's black identity. "

Trump: "I did not know she was Black until a number of years ago, when she happened to turn Black, and now she wants to be known as Black. Is she Indian or is she Black?"

Back