Trump 2024 Run Thread

We are wasting our time. His thinking is at the level of tax=bad, spending=bad.
I gave that a “winner”. Very much in favor of limited government. We need the government to work for its citizens, not for the citizens to work for the government. And we should do more to help our senior citizens.

As I’ve said, I nearly always lean to more freedoms for people. But again, I know that is a large ideological difference.

Last edited:
* Have no idea if your bankrupt analogy made sense to you when you typed it out.
* As I have mentioned to you MANY times, cuts have to be made in spending. I get we differ in ideology here. I want citizens to keep more of their money and you would rather the government make decisions….but we do not have a revenue problem. We have a spending problem. You are letting your ideology blind you here.
* Yes, simple math like the FTT calculation that you asked for on a different thread last week, but didn’t understand.
Funny everyone else understands but you can't ever do it. I really don't want to dumb down my thoughts for you. Sorry. But, you don't really need to announce every time you don't get stuff. We are all figuring it out.

$35 T. If you think that can be fixed with just spending cuts and handing out tax breaks to the wealthiest generation in history you are dumber than I thought.

You know you didn't give one year data to hide what we were talking about in long-term compounding. Understanding and not wanting to waste time breaking down a lifetime of interest to see what BS a fool is hiding because he knows one year won't show what he wants are two different things.

Funny everyone else understands but you can't ever do it. I really don't want to dumb down my thoughts for you. Sorry. But, you don't really need to announce every time you don't get stuff. We are all figuring it out.

$35 T. If you think that can be fixed with just spending cuts and handing out tax breaks to the wealthiest generation in history you are dumber than I thought.

You know you didn't give one year data to hide what we were talking about in long-term compounding. Understanding and not wanting to waste time breaking down a lifetime of interest to see what BS a fool is hiding because he knows one year won't show what he wants are two different things.
“Everyone else”. Yes, if I debated The Squad I am sure Omar, AOC, and Bowman would never agree with lowering taxes and lowering spending.

And yes, we can absolutely fix our deficits. And at least begin to reduce our debt with spending cuts. Amazing that “everyone else” knows that but you cannot figure that out.

As for your last paragraph, your statement shows you still do not understand the impact of FTT at all. If you and others who struggle understanding when I provided you the math, how are you going to calculate with just one year’s worth of FTT effecting the retirement savings by as much as 3% over their working life??

We really need personal finance and budgeting to be a requirement in schools.

Last edited:
I gave that a “winner”. Very much in favor of limited government. We need the government to work for its citizens, not for the citizens to work for the government. And we should do more to help our senior citizens.

As I’ve said, I nearly always lean to more freedoms for people. But again, I know that is a large ideological difference.
No. Not really.

I am a realist. I'd love a world with lower spending and lower taxes. But, it doesn't exist and the damage is already there. I know what they will do, only the easy part (tax cuts) never the hard part (spending). So, more damage.

I don't only care about myself. I care about others including future citizens. That is the problem with libertarianism. While it theoretically could be otherwise, so many "libertarians" are just politically selfish. You don't see a lot of libertarians with disabilities, or chronic medical problems. Typically youngish, healthy white guys with decent jobs who have it the best and don't want to have anything to do with people that have it worse.

“Everyone else”. Yes, if I debated The Squad I am sure Omar, AOC, and Bowman would never agree with lowering taxes and lowering spending.

And yes, we can absolutely fix our deficits. And at least begin to reduce our debt with spending cuts. Amazing that “everyone else” knows that but you cannot figure that out.

As for your last paragraph, your statement shows you still do not understand the impact of FTT at all. If you and other struggle understanding when I provided you the math, how are you going to calculate with just one year’s worth of FTT effecting the retirement savings by as much as 3% over their working life??

Sure, we can fix the deficits even with tax cuts. Look at how many times the tax cuts have led to us fixing the debt before!
Screenshot 2024-07-31 at 8.45.01 PM.png

Just curious how many decades of data will it take to change your mind? If 20 years from now these charts continue this trend and a politician says, "We need to cut taxes and reduce spending. So, I'm giving a tax cut now and we will "study" spending and look for waste." Are you gonna salivate for it yet again? Or will after 70 years will you finally think, "Maybe he isn't telling the truth." Or do you just not care about anyone that comes after you so you will take the cut and leave even more debt to them?

Aaaaand they just called the Vice President of the United States, "colored." We are minutes from some MAGA bigot calling Kamala Harris the N-word on television. End the Republican Party. It is within your power to do so.

It’s not an ideological difference. It’s the difference between being a responsible rational mature individual capable of non binary thinking and as Steross said someone who thinks tax=bad, spending=bad.

As for your last paragraph, your statement shows you still do not understand the impact of FTT at all. If you and others who struggle understanding when I provided you the math, how are you going to calculate with just one year’s worth of FTT effecting the retirement savings by as much as 3% over their working life??

We are projected to end FY24 with about a $1.9 trillion deficit. What spending cuts do you propose to eliminate that gap?

I thought it was hysterical’: J.D. Vance backs Trump’s ‘is she Black’ attack on Harris

It’s not an ideological difference. It’s the difference between being a responsible rational mature individual capable of non binary thinking and as Steross said someone who thinks tax=bad, spending=bad.
You are correct. It is the difference between being a responsible mature individual capable of critical thinking versus those that are generous of other people’s money and lack skills of personal finance.

And yes high tax = bad. Excessive spending = bad

The fact that is controversial for some = sad

Last edited:
If the rents are government housing…sure freeze them for seniors. If the senior living center is a government run facility…yes I support freezing costs for seniors to the government.
But as a “libertarian” you don’t really support government housing or government run senior centers at all….right?

I think

So my dislike of Trump is well-documented, but that isn't what he said. He called out that she was 'Indian-American' when it benefited her and she was a 'black-American' when it benefited her. He is correctly calling her out for trading on her race.

One of the Fox commentators said that. It's in one of the clips from this evening

You are correct. It is the difference between being a responsible mature individual capable of critical thinking versus those that are generous of other people’s money and lack skills of personal finance.

And yes high tax = bad. Excessive spending = bad

The fact that is controversial for some = sad
You spend so much energy trying to prove how right you are that you completely shut off the ability to see/listen to what other people are saying.

Not an argument has been made that high taxes and excessive spending are good/desired. We are where we are bc of poor decisions by almost 50 yrs of poor decisions by both parties. You can’t lower tax yourself out of this and you’re right you can’t spend yourself out of this.

And just a little suggestion, when you are on a message board don’t assume you know anything about anyone’s finances or knowledge/mamagement of finances to the point you can lecture to them.

Last edited:
Back