Trump 2024 Run Thread

It almost kinda feels like you're condoning this...
Tribalism is a plague.

Some serious reevaluation/reflection is in order in this country.

Personally, I prefer that we keep the hot take reaction posts on the social sites they’re found on instead of bringing them over here as some sort of assumed “gotcha.”

This should be denounced in its entirety. Full stop.

To put a religious quote at the bottom of such a disgusting accusation shows how absolutely looney the religious right has become.
Fact is that this is likely in the bag for Trump now. Enjoy the teen-raping president that you support.
Yeah... I muted him like 3 days ago, have checked a few posts afterwards and it just confirms my decision every time. Something just doesn't seem right there.

For you there is never any evidence of anything. You are of the world and you worship and serve those who are also of the world. You love and believe lies and reject truth. Your only disappointment is that the bullet that hit Trump wasn't a couple of inches to the right.

John 8:23-24
He said to them, “You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. 24 I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins.”
exodus 20:3 you shall have no other gods before me.
Matthew 7:1 judge not, that ye be not judged.

Yep. Defending bad actions by pointing out the other side's bad actions is a political trend that needs to stop. Talk about a race to the bottom.

The libertarians:

Marvel Studios Smile GIF by Disney+

Tribalism is a plague.

Some serious reevaluation/reflection is in order in this country.

Personally, I prefer that we keep the hot take reaction posts on the social sites they’re found on instead of bringing them over here as some sort of assumed “gotcha.”

This should be denounced in its entirety. Full stop.
Trump was the one who said those disgraceful things. A number of his supporters may agree with him, but he should know better. Trump should be told to say what he thoughtfully means but don't say it thoughtlessly mean.

Trump was the one who said those disgraceful things. A number of his supporters may agree with him, but he should know better. Trump should be told to say what he thoughtfully means but don't say it thoughtlessly mean.
I didn’t ask.

I’m not going to engage in what about-isms regarding the situation. There is zero moral high ground here and participating in that type of Internet discussion will go nowhere and only cause problems.

That's some pretty weak crawfishing.

BBC​

Heated rhetoric and conspiracy theories swirl online​

23:27 14 July​

Mike Wendling
US disinformation reporter

There have been appeals for calm along with a substantial amount of finger-pointing from leading politicians.

But the response on some of the internet’s darker corners has been much more violent.

Conspiracy theories about the shooter and fake posts are circulating widely on the extreme message board 4chan – with a huge wave of false information flooding mainstream social networks too.

On a briefing call this afternoon, FBI Deputy Director Paul Abbate confirmed that threatening online rhetoric has been “ticking up” since the attempted assassination.

Advance Democracy, a non-partisan research group, said it was tracking a number of threats and calls for retribution posted on far-right Telegram channels and websites.

One message on a channel run by a local branch of the all-male Proud Boys group called for executions of Trump opponents: “They should all be hung in the streets of DC.”

One pro-Trump message board was peppered with messages about revenge. “War now,” read one. “They don’t want to live and let live.”

These are not spaces for the faint-hearted, and similar talk of violence has popped up in the past around Trump’s arrests and court dates. But yesterday’s events have certainly ratcheted up the anger.

Trump Rally Gunman Was ‘Definitely Conservative,’ Classmate Recalls

A former classmate of the 20-year-old man who tried unsuccessfully to kill former President Donald Trump at a Pennsylvania rally on Saturday recalled him being staunchly to the right of the political spectrum. “He definitely was conservative,” Max R. Smith told The Philadelphia Inquirer of Thomas Crooks. “It makes me wonder why he would carry out an assassination attempt on the conservative candidate.” Smith shared an American history class with Crooks, and remembered a mock debate where their teacher made students stand on one side of the classroom or another to signal their allegiance. “The majority of the class were on the liberal side, but Tom, no matter what, always stood his ground on the conservative side,” Smith said. “That’s still the picture I have of him. Just standing alone on one side while the rest of the class was on the other.” Crooks died in the assassination attempt. Trump, who suffered a minor injury to the ear, was “fine” Sunday after being treated at a local medical facility, his campaign said. One audience member was killed and two others critically injured amid the gunfire.

Back