Regionals

I’ve been to a LOT of games at OBrate these last few years and this was one of the best crowds. We showed up and were LOUD.
Fans did a great job heckling Casliagnone.
What a performance all around, plus beautiful weather. Perfection!
Makes you think what would happen to college baseball if they moved the season back just 1 month. Weather and crowd were amazing. I really like the “O…S…U… COWBOYS!” chant after a run. I know we play gap band in regular season but would be really cool if entire stadium bowl got behind this.

It was the Mercer series. If memory serves, they called a balk, because the pitcher hadn’t declared they intended to change their stretch.
Good memory, @Matt_bob123

"The balk was called by the third base umpire, Shane Metheny, who said Holiday switched from the stretch back to the wind up when the bases were loaded without telling the umpire. Believe it or not, that is a rule. The ensuing argument cost the Cowboys pitching coach Rob Walton the rest of the game as he was thrown out by Metheny."

Oklahoma State Splits Doubleheader with Mercer with a Weird Call in the Loss | Pokes Report

So….other than hoping for uf/neb to play 15-16 innings today, who do we want to see come out of it?

Think I’d prefer Florida because they have way less fans in town, but I also like playing neb so we see all three teams. Matchup wise I think it’s about even between those two teams.

So….other than hoping for uf/neb to play 15-16 innings today, who do we want to see come out of it?

Think I’d prefer Florida because they have way less fans in town, but I also like playing neb so we see all three teams. Matchup wise I think it’s about even between those two teams.
Brasky hasn't impressed me at all yet so I'd slightly prefer them. That said, my biggest hope is for an offensive onslaught where each team has to burn through several pitchers trying to stay alive. Extra innings in that process wouldn't be bad so long as weather doesn't delay our game too terribly late.

Actually Rob getting tossed would hurt us tomorrow, since Rob already has 1 toss this season, his 2nd ejection would subject him to a 3 game suspension.
I didn’t realize a second toss resulted in a suspension. I knew he got tossed and didn’t think anything about it.

Nebraska still has 2 lefties with decent starting stats left. They had on paper the most arms of the 3 coming in.

Florida is out of their top end arms, but they have dudes with talent that just haven’t put it together so you run the risk, one of them gets it together.

Essentially it’s known solid or unknown high risk.

I'd still rather see Nebraska. We know what they are. Florida could have the switch come on at any second and starting hammering the crap out of the ball.

Other than Brueggeman, I think we can handle lefties fine now. And with Meola and Wulfert (my gosh I wish he'd find his swing) back we have more righties.

Defending champs LSU just gave up a 5 spot in B1 to Wofford in UNC regional elimination game. I am prepared for a 10-9 game there.

Last edited:
I have two tickets for tonight’s regional finals I will not use. They are section 105 first row (first base line). Happy to give them to a Cowboy fan that will show up and be loud.

Edit - wanted to add I have two tickets to the 1:00 game as well for anyone that would like those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back