OT: General CFB Thread

How long until Venables head on chopping block? They look terrible. Offense is as bad as us

Didn't he just get a contract extension?

Cracking Up Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

While the Pokes' season isn't going as I had hoped, elsewhere, I'm having a pretty good year.

Alma mater #1 (GMC) is currently ranked #3 in the JUCO polls and would be in the playoffs if the season ended right now. We have an upcoming game against the #1 team, and our only loss is a 1-point loss in OT to the current #2 team. Both QBs were injured in that game, and we finished up running the wildcat.

Alma mater #2 (Valdosta State) is currently undefeated and ranked #3 nationally in D-II, but the national rankings are meaningless for playoff purposes in D-II (regional system). We're likely #1 in the region rankings which roll out this coming week. Unfortunately, we had a game against another top-ranked team cancelled due to the hurricanes.

Alma mater #3, well, we'll find out tonight in Austin.

I'd trade UGA losing every remaining game for another national championship for either GMC or VSU, but it would be cool to hit the trifecta.
I hear you on that account! I have a nephew that is on the football equipment crew at SMU and have been following them this year probably as much as my Alma Mater here! I was down in Dallas when we got slapped around by K State when they, SMU, demolished Florida State, and got to see all of it!!! 😑

Back