OT: General CFB Thread

Texas didn't like Big 12 officiating?

Nick Young Wtf GIF

I realize they are undefeated but Iowa State is not a top 10 team. They are benefactors of a subpar schedule and in a trash B12 conference this year. I gotta think they will eventually get exposed but may not be until the CFP for all we know. Same could be said about BYU.
Big 12 is likely trash every year from here on out

Utah has 38 rushing yards at home. They had 249 yards rushing against OSU on the road.

Have said it in most game threads. The OSU defense is historically bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They scored 22 on us and people were so proud of the defense. We see now that their offense is horrendous, ou level bad, and giving up 22 is equivalent to about 45 with any other team.

Texas fans complaining about officiating is a testament to the extent that people can be delusional. Having said that, the officials effed up that situation last night more than anything I can ever recall. First it really was a terrible call, but then to go and reverse the call after the delay caused by fans throwing things on the field is only going to encourage such activity in the future. Now fans are going to think if they throw crap on the field, they can maybe get the call reversed. Huge screw up all the way around. Glad Texas still lost though.

As far as the Iowa State game, did anyone see the interception where the UCF DB dropped the ball just before crossing the goal line. Yes they ended up scoring anyway, and yes they still lost anyway, so it didn't matter in the big picture but at the time, it definitely could have been a game changer. How is this still a thing? How many times does that have to happen before players stop doing it? I've never understood it myself, is it supposed to look cool to drop it right on the goal line, because not scoring there is definitely more fool than cool.

lol you say that as if our offense is better than ou’s
I know we are down on our offense, especially because of returning talent and preseason expectations, but it’s not ou bad, I can assure you that. Not sure if you’ve watched them lately, but it’s really really bad. They’re 128th in total O vs us being 129th in total D, hence my comparison. They turned the ball over 4 times and gave up 9 sacks yesterday!…LOL. We’ve sucked on offense, struggled to run, play calling has been bad, but still rank in the middle of FBS on O.

I know we are down on our offense, especially because of returning talent and preseason expectations, but it’s not ou bad, I can assure you that. Not sure if you’ve watched them lately, but it’s really really bad. They’re 128th in total O vs us being 129th in total D, hence my comparison. They turned the ball over 4 times and gave up 9 sacks yesterday!…LOL. We’ve sucked on offense, struggled to run, play calling has been bad, but still rank in the middle of FBS on O.
Aren’t we still averaging about 400 yards per game on offense? I guess I will need to check the ESPN.COM site when they update the current stats either tonight or early tomorrow!

Welp, OU just fired Seth Littrell apparently.
Sign of the transfer times.

You run off your 2 year starter and a guy that will break Bo Nix’s record for starts in a career, because you don’t want Arnold to transfer.

Arnold doesn’t even make it to October as the starter.

And now you’re stuck with a fresh who can’t throw at all.

Thank god they’ve got Maine left on the schedule

reasons brent fired OC while gundy won't (and/or DC)...
brent on hot seat, gotta appease the powers to be with a 'sacrificial lamb'...gundy not on hot seat...
brent has more balls than gundy...gundy would never admit he made a mistake...
sidenote: I like Gundy...I appreciate what he has done for OSU...he has a tough job luring kids to Stilly...and it's only gonna get tougher...with sec and big 10 the kings of college football...

Back