OT: General CFB Thread

I can’t remember which year it was that I was down in Austin when OSU played Texas that weekend and they had both events that same weekend, it didn’t seem to be a problem once the football game ended Saturday afternoon because many people cleared out of town after the game ended and didn’t interfere with the F1 race that next day (Sunday)! 🤔
It's a joke about UGA players and their driving issues, i.e. high speed crashes and tickets. Not that the game would interfere with the race or vice versa.

I see the humor in such UGA jokes.

However, I will also point out that the reason the issue is getting such publicity is that an AJC reporter has an axe to grind with UGA, and the arrests are his avenue.

I remind everyone that OSU has had two starters who have been arrested for DUI recently.

I don’t know that UGA’s numbers are significant higher than any other teams’. There is a running joke about satirical award for the SEC called the “Fulmer Cup” named after former Tennessee head coach Phil Fulmer. It goes to the team with the most players arrested in a given. It was given that name because the spotlight was then on Tennessee at the time for winning the national championship. UGA is currently under that same spotlight.

I see the humor in such UGA jokes.

However, I will also point out that the reason the issue is getting such publicity is that an AJC reporter has an axe to grind with UGA, and the arrests are his avenue.

I remind everyone that OSU has had two starters who have been arrested for DUI recently.

I don’t know that UGA’s numbers are significant higher than any other teams’. There is a running joke about satirical award for the SEC called the “Fulmer Cup” named after former Tennessee head coach Phil Fulmer. It goes to the team with the most players arrested in a given. It was given that name because the spotlight was then on Tennessee at the time for winning the national championship. UGA is currently under that same spotlight.
If OSU players/staffers were still violating the same laws that led them to be directly responsible for a death, it would be a bigger deal.

If OSU players/staffers were still violating the same laws that led them to be directly responsible for a death, it would be a bigger deal.

Those people were drunk and driving at a high rate of speed. Ollie was drunk and was driving at a high rate of speed. Rucker was so drunk that he was passed out behind the wheel.

None of these lambs are spot free.

Those people were drunk and driving at a high rate of speed. Ollie was drunk and was driving at a high rate of speed. Rucker was so drunk that he was passed out behind the wheel.

None of these lambs are spot free.
Show me where I said they are?
Still apples to oranges (hint: they’re both still fruit)

Show me where I said they are?
Still apples to oranges (hint: they’re both still fruit)

I don’t know how many people were arrested in Nashville this week for DUI, but I know that Jay Cutler was.

I don’t see why an athlete getting a DUI is more of a thing than just some dude.

Ollie was very stupid
Rucker was very stupid x2
UGA folks were very stupid to the extent someone effing died. Then after that, multiple folks went ahead & decided to do some of the same s#!t.

If you can’t acknowledge some degree of difference…

Someone got their feelers hurt

Dude, if you only knew the stuff I’ve said to people actually involved some of those incidents and some of the jokes I’ve made.

As I wrote, I see the humor.

However, I also don’t see why it is any different than when some no name person does it.

My personal favorite:

“I bought the new NCAA25 game. I’m playing dynasty mode as UGA, and I spent the first two hours bonding players out of the Clarke County Jail”.

Last edited:
Every program will have some issues but, not every program seems to be out of control

Georgia has had at least 25 arrests or citations for speeding, reckless driving or racing since the fatal crash of Jan. 15, 2023 that killed offensive lineman Devin Willock and recruiting staffer Chandler LeCroy. Police said high speed and alcohol factored into the crash after LeCroy and now Philadelphia Eagle Jalen Carter were racing.

Dude, if you only knew the stuff I’ve said to people actually involved some of those incidents and some of the jokes I’ve made.

As I wrote, I see the humor.

However, I also don’t see why it is any different than when some no name person does it.

My personal favorite:

“I bought the new NCAA25 game. I’m playing dynasty mode as UGA, and I spent the first two hours bonding players out of the Clarke County Jail”.
Hey, I caught a TD pass in a flag football game Sunday, I don't see why some dude in the NFL doing it is any bigger a deal.

Last edited:
Ollie was very stupid
Rucker was very stupid x2
UGA folks were very stupid to the extent someone effing died. Then after that, multiple folks went ahead & decided to do some of the same s#!t.

If you can’t acknowledge some degree of difference…

Ollie shouldn’t be judged more harshly because Rucker had previously been arrested.

While the Pokes' season isn't going as I had hoped, elsewhere, I'm having a pretty good year.

Alma mater #1 (GMC) is currently ranked #3 in the JUCO polls and would be in the playoffs if the season ended right now. We have an upcoming game against the #1 team, and our only loss is a 1-point loss in OT to the current #2 team. Both QBs were injured in that game, and we finished up running the wildcat.

Alma mater #2 (Valdosta State) is currently undefeated and ranked #3 nationally in D-II, but the national rankings are meaningless for playoff purposes in D-II (regional system). We're likely #1 in the region rankings which roll out this coming week. Unfortunately, we had a game against another top-ranked team cancelled due to the hurricanes.

Alma mater #3, well, we'll find out tonight in Austin.

I'd trade UGA losing every remaining game for another national championship for either GMC or VSU, but it would be cool to hit the trifecta.

Back