Interesting Look @ our Program over 20 Years

HCMG won't ever bring in a coach like Patterson or Monken. They are too bold and loud and "we aren't going to yell and cuss at our players here." Direct Gundy quote. Guys like Patterson and Monken won't even get a sniff while he's in charge.

Monken? Todd Monken? The guy who WAS our offensive coordinator? That guy? The guy who was already here and is an OC in the NFL? He's not coming back because Mike won't bring him in, he's not coming back because he's in the NFL. I'd take Monken in a heartbeat, but he's not coming back, even if Gundy made him an offer.

Patterson's defense was embarrassing his last two years. He wasn't going to adapt to changes in CFB offenses, so they fired him.

Man, you must be taking crazy pills.

Monken gave up a college head coaching gig to be an NFL OC. He left back-to-back defending champ UGA to go back to the NFL.

He wants to be in the NFL.

I'd make the argument that this is the low point. Yurch has the advantage in PPG and Dunn the advantage in win%. Either way, It's been over a decade since we were competitive with the best teams in the country. I think Gundy's new line of blaming NIL is lazy and intellectually dishonest.
We were literally a yard away from a CFP spot 3 years ago.😔

Because of the defense. It's the only time we've given up less than 20 PPG. Offense wasn't Iowa bad, but wasn't great. I would use that exact yard, and that entire series as evidence that our offense was not good.
A decade ago the best teams were based on stout defenses yet you dismissed our stout defense 3 years ago. Your statement was that we weren’t competitive, not that our offense was not good. Quit moving your goalposts.

A decade ago the best teams were based on stout defenses yet you dismissed our stout defense 3 years ago. Your statement was that we weren’t competitive, not that our offense was not good. Quit moving your goalposts.
You trolls are insufferable. Looking at the post you quoted, I was clearly talking about offensive production. Using the crude metric of PPG, we have only achieved a top 10 performance ONCE in the last 20 years defensively, so clearly I wasn't talking about defensive performance. Below is a chart to help make it easy for you, because clearly a singular good season seems to cloud your judgement when assessing the trajectory of our program over the last several years. I was incorrect that it has been less than 10 years since we competed with the top teams in the country offensively (top 10), 2017 was the last time we achieved that. Even so, it is clearly evident that we are not performing at a level that allows us to compete with the top teams in the country with any sort of consistency. Also, a single top 10 finish over beating an overrated notre dame team that went 9-4 the following year is hardly what I'd call competing with the top teams in the country.
1728057420221.png

You trolls are insufferable. Looking at the post you quoted, I was clearly talking about offensive production. Using the crude metric of PPG, we have only achieved a top 10 performance ONCE in the last 20 years defensively, so clearly I wasn't talking about defensive performance. Below is a chart to help make it easy for you, because clearly a singular good season seems to cloud your judgement when assessing the trajectory of our program over the last several years. I was incorrect that it has been less than 10 years since we competed with the top teams in the country offensively (top 10), 2017 was the last time we achieved that. Even so, it is clearly evident that we are not performing at a level that allows us to compete with the top teams in the country with any sort of consistency. Also, a single top 10 finish over beating an overrated notre dame team that went 9-4 the following year is hardly what I'd call competing with the top teams in the country.
View attachment 7574
He's far from a troll. The discourse doesn't require that right now, stay on point. Excellent graph by the way.

View attachment 7574
What is our record vs the TWO ALMIGHTY CONFERENCES, BIG AND SEC during the Gundy era???

Back