OT: General CFB Thread

College football has become a complete trash heap. There is no stability with NIL + open transfer, and that lack of stability substantially reduces the product on the field. Someone is gonna have to step in and stabilize this behemoth, preferably Congress so they can prevent Disney from owning the entire industry.

For all the hell I've given Gundy, I do like his thinking on where CFB needs to go with a commissioner, etc...like the NFL model. I think its the only viable way this gets resolved.

Last edited:

It’s crazy to think that Bowman would almost certainly be starting at Michigan right now if he stayed.
Another symptom of open transfer if you ask me. These QBs are bouncing between new systems every year, which really hurts their ability to perform at a high level. It's wild watching all these QB problems, and realizing that they are all just playing musical chairs for better starting probability, yet hurting their performance at the same time.

Another symptom of open transfer if you ask me. These QBs are bouncing between new systems every year, which really hurts their ability to perform at a high level. It's wild watching all these QB problems, and realizing that they are all just playing musical chairs for better starting probability, yet hurting their performance at the same time.
All the more reason for a governing body to oversee the chaos.

I saw that Southern Miss fired their HC on Sunday. Since they have a propensity to look/hire from OSU, maybe we can offload a coach or two there before next season?
They used to love to hire OSU offensive coordinators as head coaches, Jeff Bower in 1990, Larry Fedora in 2007 and of course Todd Monken in 2012!!! Bower and Fedora were very successful and Monken did so so, only because he was there just a couple of years before he went back to the NFL and then hired by Kirby Smart in 2019! 🤔

Back