Interview with Coach Gundy

That's like saying if you are on a plane losing 10,000 feet of altitude per minute and flying straight into the ground you'd be just fine with the pilot.
It’s ONE game. That is more like hitting some turbulence, not a full minute going toward the ground. If it stretches to 6 games then I MIGHT agree with you.

I'll save us all some time and effort trying to figure out a replacement: Gundy ain't going anywhere...anytime soon...
And to think a replacement will come in and dominate is foolish. Most likely scenario is we have to fire 2 or three before we get the right replacement. See basketball for reference

With all due respect, are you forgetting 49-0 last year as well as 28 first quarter points by the Goons? It's not ONE game, it's been building for quite some time.
...not to mention the epic TCU game collapse and the portal catastrophe after the end of the season.

Absolute beta AD.
I was excited when Holder retired and we got Weiberg, but my opinion of him changed after the NCAA screwed over our bball program and there was a press conference with Weiberg and Boynton sitting at the same table and Boynton was visibly pissed and had harsh words to say about it and Weiberg just said, "well we tried, but there's not much more we can do." It spoke volumes about the fight in Weiberg, He doesn't have it. And I couldn't care less if anyone Zzzzz's this post. It's pretty easy to read people most of the time. We'll look back on his tenure in the future and see that nothing really great happened under his watch.

I was excited when Holder retired and we got Weiberg, but my opinion of him changed after the NCAA screwed over our bball program and there was a press conference with Weiberg and Boynton sitting at the same table and Boynton was visibly pissed and had harsh words to say about it and Weiberg just said, "well we tried, but there's not much more we can do." It spoke volumes about the fight in Weiberg, He doesn't have it. And I couldn't care less if anyone Zzzzz's this post. It's pretty easy to read people most of the time. We'll look back on his tenure in the future and see that nothing really great happened under his watch.
Counterpoint: Coach Hoyt has been an excellent hire.

But I remember that press conference very well and wished he handled it differently.

One bad season doesn't negate the unbelievable success Gundy has achieved. When Gundy was announced as the HC after Les Miles left in the worst way possible, in no way did I ever think that after his first season OSU would achieve a 17 winning streak. 17 years straight. Very few HC's have accomplished such a feat. Unfortunately, it appears that won't extend to 18.

We're all bummed out. A season like this is something we haven't experienced in 18 years. We've been extremely lucky. And spoiled by success. Whether anyone likes it or not, Gundy isn't going anywhere.. he'll be the HC until he retires. Let's see how he wants to end his tenure.

Will Gundy and his staff begin recruiting instead of the extremely lax recruiting policy?

Will Gundy demand a huge increase in recruiting budget, which ranks near the bottom of all 127-130 college football programs?

Will Gundy stop this BS of hiring pee wee league coordinators and coaches, and hire coordinators with strong Texas ties?

Will Gundy fire the entire offensive staff, including the OC? Hell, the defense is better than the offense z but that's not saying much at all.

Better yet.. will Gundy realize that he needs to go Deion Sanders style regarding the roster?

Obviously, Gundy knows much more than any of us could ever know. From my perspective tho.. Gundy needs an entirely new roster and entire coaching staff, including both coordinators. That's not going to happen tho.

We'll find out how serious Gundy is at during the off-season

Last edited:
One bad season doesn't negate the unbelievable success Gundy has achieved. When Gundy was announced as the HC after Les Miles left in the worst way possible, in no way did I ever think that after his first season OSU would achieve a 17 winning streak. 17 years straight. Very few HC's have accomplished such a feat. Unfortunately, it appears that won't extend to 18.

We're all bummed out. A season like this is something we haven't experienced in 18 years. We've been extremely lucky. And spoiled by success. Whether anyone likes it or not, Gundy isn't going anywhere.. he'll be the HC until he retires. Let's see how he wants to end his tenure.

Will Gundy and his staff begin recruiting instead of the extremely lax recruiting policy?

Will Gundy demand a huge increase in recruiting budget, which ranks near the bottom of all 127-130 college football programs?

Will Gundy stop this BS of hiring pee wee league coordinators and coaches, and hire coordinators with strong Texas ties?

Will Gundy fire the entire offensive staff, including the OC? Hell, the defense is better than the offense z but that's not saying much at all.

Better yet.. will Gundy realize that he needs to go Deion Sanders style regarding the roster?

Obviously, Gundy knows much more than any of us could ever know. From my perspective tho.. Gundy needs an entirely new roster and entire coaching staff, including both coordinators. That's not going to happen tho.

I think we found out how serious Gundy is during the last off season, not very!

The clock started on bad seasons in the 2nd half of the TCU game last season. So after this season is over and will be bad, don't say one bad season. The tailspin started long before.

Miles took a phone call at halftime of a bowl game for a huge job he really wanted. Hardly the worst way possible…. And how many bad seasons seems reasonable to you? He’s been on cruise control for at least 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Miles took a phone call at halftime of a bowl game for a huge job he really wanted. Hardly the worst way possible…. And how many bad seasons seems reasonable to you? He’s been on cruise control for at least 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BS. 2021 was a great season, or have you forgotten?

I think I am O K with seventeen straight years of winning.
Gundy has been a good coach, not a great coach. How good would we have been if Monken had stuck around, or if Knowles was still here?

The evidence tells me that with great coaching this program can be much better, even entering national championship levels like we had in 2011 and 2021.

Back