ESPN - Gordon

I comment that I come here for conversation and you reply with "wank".

good talk.
John Candy Reaction GIF

Nobody buys the line above regarding engaging in a thread about our star player and punishments you believe he should receive. You came to stir the pot in this thread, which is fine, we get it.

John Candy Reaction GIF

Nobody buys the line above regarding engaging in a thread about our star player and punishments you believe he should receive. You came to stir the pot in this thread, which is fine, we get it.
Don’t mind little MT, he just wants to be on a board that talks about legitimate football team

What do you foresee OU's overall record being in year 1 of the SEC?
Probably 9-3 in the regular season.

No, no need to stir the pot. My statement had nothing to do with the player or what punishment i believe he deserves. It was in response to a guy making the comment regarding donor's level of involvement in NIL only to see the star player being benched. As if that alone was sufficient enough reason not to bench a player.

A player's NIL and the feelings of the donors shouldnt be relevant when determining an appropriate level of punishment for transgressions. That's what my comment was about. That's not a pot stirring comment, it just makes sense.

Last edited:
Probably 9-3 in the regular season. No need to stir the pot. My statement had nothing to do with the player at all. It was in response to a guy making the comment regarding donor's level of involvement in NIL only to see the star player being benched.
Been hitting the old Mary Jane a little early?

A player's NIL and the feelings of the donors shouldnt be relevant when determining an appropriate level of punishment for transgressions. That's what my comment was about. That's not a pot stirring comment, it just makes sense.
Rational people don't disagree with that at all.

It became pot stirring when you couldn't apply the same logic to replies pertaining to Joe Mixon but that is super on brand for the fanbase.

Then my favorite reply:

The police and DA had their say regarding what they do with mixon too. But that happened a decade ago, so I dont really care anymore.

There is apparently a statute of limitations on principals as long as it's one of your own. Again, very on brand. We get it.

Fact is they're all but employees now, certainly no longer "student athletes." If one of my employees gets a DUI this weekend, I don't suspend them, fire them, or anything else, they get to handle it with the state, just like Ollie and "allegedly" Mixon. Chances are I wouldn't even know unless they told me.

Instead of locking the thread, I'd just like to see the troll get banned to the Bedlam & Flame board (if the troll continues to troll)...

:whistle:

Rational people don't disagree with that at all.

It became pot stirring when you couldn't apply the same logic to replies pertaining to Joe Mixon but that is super on brand for the fanbase.

Then my favorite reply:

There is apparently a statute of limitations on principals as long as it's one of your own. Again, very on brand. We get it.

Fact is they're all but employees now, certainly no longer "student athletes." If one of my employees gets a DUI this weekend, I don't suspend them, fire them, or anything else, they get to handle it with the state, just like Ollie and "allegedly" Mixon. Chances are I wouldn't even know unless they told me.
Saying i dont care anymore about a decade old event isnt stirring anything. It's the opposite really, not wanting to rehash a 10 year old incident is supposed to be a good thing. most people dont care anymore. 10 years seems like a nice cutoff for not caring. Or would you say it's not long enough? Either way, my own personal opinions shouldnt bother people, it's not that big of a deal. just like we dont care about what tyreek hill did to get himself removed from the team over 10 years ago. I'm over that too.

But todays players on todays teams, certainly relevant to speak on.

I agree, most dui incidents should be handled internally. All of that is in addition to whatever punitive actions you receive from a court.

I am not sure what issue you take with anything I have said here, all of these comments i make are reasonable things to say.

Last edited:
Any time MT enters the picture, it becomes a trolling thread.

Just saying....
Not my fault some of you dislike me so much (which seems weird) that you derail the thread out of whatever feelings you have about me. isnt that a bit petty? Thread title is espn gordon, i was talking about the incident he was involved in that made this thread title necessary. i commented that when players do stuff like this we should hit them in the wallet too, since they are making a lot of money with NIL.

Then someone started talking about mixon. which derailed the thread. i tried to stay on topic.

Instead of locking the thread, I'd just like to see the troll get banned to the Bedlam & Flame board (if the troll continues to troll)...

:whistle:
Explain what precisely i said that's trolling.

This is what pissed you guys off so much

"Seems weird. anyway we still should hold players to a high standard, as much as is possible. some things you deal with internally and they dont miss time on the field. sometimes that's not enough and it must be more punitive. me personally i think they should also be deducting money out of their paychecks for these transgressions too. nfl players late to practice get fined. well, lets introduce that to this new era of cfb too. hold these dudes more accountable when it's called for."

Back