ESPN - Gordon

Not surprised by that after Rucker’s DUI #2 last year was only handled behind the scenes. Not that I agree, but 🤷🏻‍♂️

I won't justify or excuse DUI. That written, coaches aren't the courts. Athletes shouldn't get a pass on crimes/offenses because they are athletes, but they shouldn't receive additional punishment due to being athletes.

Let the courts deal with it and let the coaches coach.

Last edited:

Top Heisman Trophy Odds​

PLAYER, SCHOOLODDS
Dillon Gabriel, Oregon+750
Carson Beck, Georgia+800
Quinn Ewers, Texas+900
Jaxson Dart, Ole Miss+1500
Will Howard, Ohio State+1600
Nico Iamaleava, Tennessee+1600
Jalen Milroe, Alabama+1600
Garrett Nussmeier, LSU+2200
Cameron Ward, Miami+2200
Conner Weigman, Texas A&M+2200
-- via ESPN BET, as of July 12

UGA has a very bad problem with football players getting arrested for traffic offenses. We’re talking dozens, not just a couple. It’s pervasive.

In one instance, a player and staffer were killed in a wreck that occurred while two players were racing.

All of that for this:

There’s a meme floating about of Ollie in a UGA uniform with a mock announcement of him announcing his transfer to UGA, obviously a reference to all of the arrests.

Two UGA players were arrested this week on racing and reckless driving charges.

In response, someone posted a fake quote from Gundy to the effect that he has driven recklessly and street raced thousands of times.

I recognize the humor. I’m also saddened by it.

No school is going to gather NIL funds, buy good players just to sit them over an off-field incident. If Ollie is making $500k this year or about $40k/game. If Gundy holds a guy out and lets say I sent $10k to OSU for NIL, I'd be pissed because I'd see it as my $'s were the quarter he was held out.

I'm not giving $10k to NIL but this is a new era and coaches should look at things differently when they are measured on what mileage they get with funds available. F@%# it, I'm playing him w/o any reservations

Last edited by a moderator:
No school is going to gather NIL funds, buy good players just to sit them over an off-field incident. If Ollie is making $500k this year or about $40k/game. If Gundy holds a guy out and lets say I sent $10k to OSU for NIL, I'd be pissed because I'd see it as my $'s were the quarter he was held out.

I'm not giving $10k to NIL but this is a new era and coaches should look at things differently when they are measured on what mileage they get with funds available. F@%# it, I'm playing him w/o any reservations
So are you saying the fact that dudes are getting paid big bucks now, programs are going to give them more leeway and let them get away with more, because, money? like the fact that jimbob might be mad that he donated all that money to NIL only to see the best player sitting for a game?

Seems weird. anyway we still should hold players to a high standard, as much as is possible. some things you deal with internally and they dont miss time on the field. sometimes that's not enough and it must be more punitive. me personally i think they should also be deducting money out of their paychecks for these transgressions too. nfl players late to practice get fined. well, lets introduce that to this new era of cfb too. hold these dudes more accountable when it's called for.

So are you saying the fact that dudes are getting paid big bucks now, programs are going to give them more leeway and let them get away with more, because, money? like the fact that jimbob might be mad that he donated all that money to NIL only to see the best player sitting for a game?

Seems weird. anyway we still should hold players to a high standard, as much as is possible. some things you deal with internally and they dont miss time on the field. sometimes that's not enough and it must be more punitive. me personally i think they should also be deducting money out of their paychecks for these transgressions too. nfl players late to practice get fined. well, lets introduce that to this new era of cfb too. hold these dudes more accountable when it's called for.
So where was this outrage when Joe Mixon was prowling Norman?

So where was this outrage when Joe Mixon was prowling Norman?

I agree with about 0.003% of everything MT puts out, but I think his post is consistent with the Mixon situation: let 'em play. Even if they're women beating pieces of sh#t. The Mixon attack should have been handled by the police and the DA, not left up to the program.

What do you mean by "WE"

I agree with about 0.003% of everything MT puts out, but I think his post is consistent with the Mixon situation: let 'em play. Even if they're women beating pieces of sh#t. The Mixon attack should have been handled by the police and the DA, not left up to the program.
The only problem is MT thought Mixon’s deal wasn’t that big an issue. His little buddy TG actually accused the woman of being racist. Ollie will get more sanctions in Cleveland County than Mixon

That was never my position regarding mixon. The police and DA had their say regarding what they do with mixon too. But that happened a decade ago, so I dont really care anymore.

The only problem is MT thought Mixon’s deal wasn’t that big an issue. His little buddy TG actually accused the woman of being racist. Ollie will get more sanctions in Cleveland County than Mixon
I thought his year long suspension was sufficient enough. but who cares, that was a ten years ago

Back