WCWS

Imagine being disappointed in another sport at OSU for only finishing in the top 6. Once upon a time that used to the norm with wrestling and golf (not so much any more), but today, softball is the only sport that has been consistently competing for a championship (not counting cross-country, but that's a different animal). Coach Gajewski has been able to build this program in rapid time and limited resources while the school down the road is in an historic run of championships. He's never missed the offseason and in 7 years (not counting covid year), the Cowgirls have been in the WCWS four times. That's incredible. Compare that to Holliday's record of one CWS in 10 years. Not to mention the disparity in salary and facilities. Gajewski is not in the top 10 highest paid softball coaches--he should be--and the team needs a top 10 facility. If the university would pony up some $ for a new facility and pay Coach G and his staff accordingly, with OU leaving the conference, the Cowgirls could be the dominating power of the Big 12 and just might be able to break OU's grip on the softball world. Even as it stands, softball is by far the best and most consistent program at OSU right now. It needs to be treated as such.
I really hope they invest the time and money into the program. Coach G says this is his dream job and I believe him. But at the same time if you don't give him what he needs someone else will.

I meant petty to Bloodworth. Should’ve said which players. If petty stays, she plays 3rd, which is her natural position and was the plan to become Pennington replacement, but she surprised everyone and bolted. Bloodworth did a solid job at 3rd, but it’s not her natural position. She’s a 2nd baseman…which is why the McNeese State transfer makes a ton of sense.

Cottrill was never benched completely for tuck. Cottrill started the mass majority of the games. Checked out is quite a stretch…she had a slight dip in the middle of the season in terms of production but she was quite productive last year.

Becker in reality replaced Brianna Evans who like I said earlier is retired from softball, which isn’t surprising. Her love for Christ is her real passion and I expect her to in the mission fields in the not so distant future. Safe to say she was a major upgrade

I give you on the 1st and 3rd…but I respectfully disagree with Cottrill to a certain extent. She started being lazy behind the plate as well in the box. Coach Gajewski lost it on couple of times with her lazy attitude that he didn’t hesitate to pull her out for Tuck. I understand hitting slumps happens but her play was disinterest. Was it because her and her dad couldn’t get along or too much looking for that NIL money, whatever it is…it’s why she barely played in the postseason when we really needed her the most. It’s a shame cause she is a quality hitter that could help. You might not think of it as being checked out but I see it differently.

We have a strong team coming back, imo we were missing that strong 4th hitter. Lexie I think was that until she got injured. Edwards will go down as one of the best osu players ever, her IQ is off the charts. Grab a few portal players and we are bidding for a championship next year. But also I want lott out there playing 100% of the time.

Imagine being disappointed in another sport at OSU for only finishing in the top 6. Once upon a time that used to the norm with wrestling and golf (not so much any more), but today, softball is the only sport that has been consistently competing for a championship (not counting cross-country, but that's a different animal). Coach Gajewski has been able to build this program in rapid time and limited resources while the school down the road is in an historic run of championships. He's never missed the offseason and in 7 years (not counting covid year), the Cowgirls have been in the WCWS four times. That's incredible. Compare that to Holliday's record of one CWS in 10 years. Not to mention the disparity in salary and facilities. Gajewski is not in the top 10 highest paid softball coaches--he should be--and the team needs a top 10 facility. If the university would pony up some $ for a new facility and pay Coach G and his staff accordingly, with OU leaving the conference, the Cowgirls could be the dominating power of the Big 12 and just might be able to break OU's grip on the softball world. Even as it stands, softball is by far the best and most consistent program at OSU right now. It needs to be treated as such.
I think you're exactly right. And if we were all honest, if it wasn't OU that was the dominant force in this sport, we wouldn't even blink about a few losses in the WCWS. BUT, it's also natural to want to get to that next step. I loved reading Coach G's quote that the team needs to be tougher and its on him to get them there. He's not satisfied at all, despite performing a minor miracle with this program.

We have a strong team coming back, imo we were missing that strong 4th hitter. Lexie I think was that until she got injured. Edwards will go down as one of the best osu players ever, her IQ is off the charts. Grab a few portal players and we are bidding for a championship next year. But also I want lott out there playing 100% of the time.

I agree on all points. With all of the pitching coming back, we'll be among the nation's best. Hopefully Maxwell can rediscover her mojo. She had her moments this year, but was inconsistent. I think Lott is a superstar with the bat could have supplied the power we needed this year. As with all sports these days, it will come down to the portal.

I agree on all points. With all of the pitching coming back, we'll be among the nation's best. Hopefully Maxwell can rediscover her mojo. She had her moments this year, but was inconsistent. I think Lott is a superstar with the bat could have supplied the power we needed this year. As with all sports these days, it will come down to the portal.
I started a new thread for next season

When you have a shot at OU you best not miss because they will punish you hard. 4-2 OU in the bottom of the 9th. Last call for Stanford

I give you on the 1st and 3rd…but I respectfully disagree with Cottrill to a certain extent. She started being lazy behind the plate as well in the box. Coach Gajewski lost it on couple of times with her lazy attitude that he didn’t hesitate to pull her out for Tuck. I understand hitting slumps happens but her play was disinterest. Was it because her and her dad couldn’t get along or too much looking for that NIL money, whatever it is…it’s why she barely played in the postseason when we really needed her the most. It’s a shame cause she is a quality hitter that could help. You might not think of it as being checked out but I see it differently.

yeah we'll strongly agree to disagree on cottrill based on what people tell me...kid was far from lazy. She played in 5 out of 9 postseason games, missed both texas games due to injury, and was pretty much the sole reason we beat Florida in the WCWS going 3-3. If she was healthy, would've played both games against Texas. I'll also call BS on the NIL reason. If you believe that, to each is own i guess!

Not sure what OU is losing, but would love to take this girl and replace Becker. Just because I think Tallen moves back into SS

Im sure if OU wants, they'll make a run for her....I sincerely hope they don't but I'm sure everyone will make a run at her. Feel for teams like Indiana who get a star player, just to leave. Some of these schools will be a feeder for top schools.

Im sure if OU wants, they'll make a run for her....I sincerely hope they don't but I'm sure everyone will make a run at her. Feel for teams like Indiana who get a star player, just to leave. Some of these schools will be a feeder for top schools.
I sure hope she don’t….unfortunately I heard OU will. She will learn quick to learn how to do WWE celebration on walks.

Back