New Big 12 Softball Members

LA-Poke

With the new additions, I am VERY happy we got UofA and ASU for softball. With OU and UT leaving I was very concerned that our biggest competitions would be UCF and maybe Baylor.

Now we bring in ASU and Arizona.

Arizona: 8 time WCWS champion (last was 2007, runner up 2010), and 25 WCWS appearances

ASU: 2 time WCWS champion (2008 and 2011), 12 WCWS appearances

Both schools have been pretty good as of late as well minus ASU this last season. Outside of those 2, Utah actually had a good season this last year as well making it to the WCWS, and a total of 4 WCWS appearances (85, 91, 94, 23).

We wont be as stacked as the SEC, but at least this gives us strong competition and a good top 4 every year.

With the new additions, I am VERY happy we got UofA and ASU for softball. With OU and UT leaving I was very concerned that our biggest competitions would be UCF and maybe Baylor.

Now we bring in ASU and Arizona.

Arizona: 8 time WCWS champion (last was 2007, runner up 2010), and 25 WCWS appearances

ASU: 2 time WCWS champion (2008 and 2011), 12 WCWS appearances

Both schools have been pretty good as of late as well minus ASU this last season. Outside of those 2, Utah actually had a good season this last year as well making it to the WCWS, and a total of 4 WCWS appearances (85, 91, 94, 23).

We wont be as stacked as the SEC, but at least this gives us strong competition and a good top 4 every year.
As I recall they were dominant under Mike Candrea! I remember attending a couple of WCWS games a number of years ago and they had this little blonde headed pitcher named Taryn Mowatt who led them to the National Title that year!

As I recall they were dominant under Mike Candrea! I remember attending a couple of WCWS games a number of years ago and they had this little blonde headed pitcher named Taryn Mowatt who led them to the National Title that year!
Arizona was so dominate in those years it was scary how good they were.

Though, I remember watching ASU finally get their first national title against A&M (and defeated them 3-0 and 11-0) and my mom was over the moon happy after all the years Arizona has dominated the sport. Kaitlin Cochran...she is still the best hitter I have seen to this day, she was so good that the teams only walked her every at bat. I think she currently leads the NCAA season for most intentional walks.

Back