WCWS

All in all not a terrible season. Nice to be at a point in the program where we are disappointed being one of the last six teams playing. Need to give Coach G some facilities so he can continue to recruit well. Three weeks ago any of us would have taken getting back to OKC after how they were playing towards the end of the season. Thank you Seniors for all your efforts in putting OSU Softball back on the map.

Yea they are at that point that Patty Gasso can pick and choose who she wants. Will probably get worse when they move into their new stadium.
Their life is going to change. The SEC isn't much better than the Big XII, but their travel is going to have an effect.

Yea they are at that point that Patty Gasso can pick and choose who she wants. Will probably get worse when they move into their new stadium.

They recruit elite HS players, and they the premier portal players. It is what it is.....The majority of their players will return next season. They'll run the SEC

We didn’t finish the regular season well, but made it to OKC as a 6 seed. We lost to the 3 and 4 seed. Tonight we swung at too many ball fours, took too many strike threes, had blunders in the field and on the bases. Maybe Kilfoyl starts tonight, tires in the 5th and we lose 5-2. Or, she pitches a no hitter and we get curb stomped by FSU tomorrow.

At the end of the day, we don’t have anything to be ashamed about. Four straight trips to OKC is a pretty nice accomplishment.

Ran into a buzz saw tonight…credit Tennessee. Went against 2 all-Americans in the circle in this WCWS and only managed one run….that’s a tough pill to swallow. Still wish Kilfoyl got the nod but that’s life…good news is all our pitching returns next season

I get that OU is far and away the best, but they aren't the team that has been eliminating us. Can we ever get to that two spot to at least take a shot at the national title?

The team is close, but it seems to be just short on the mentally tough side. I know that is something Coach G addressed in the off-season, but it didn't really seem to be much different from last year.

Don't get me wrong, 4 straight trips to OKC is incredible. I just want to see us get to that final series.

I think this year was a slight talent issue. 1-9 in the hitting lineup there was some serious holes. If you want to get to the championship series you need 1-9 to be tough outs. This group didn’t have that. This was definitely Kenny’s slowest team he’s had as well least pop in terms of the HR ball since his early years. This group missed some loud bats as well. Didn’t really replace cottrill or pettys production in the portal

Me personally I’d like to see more speed on this team since if we’re going have more of a gap to gap approach.

I think this year was a slight talent issue. 1-9 in the hitting lineup there was some serious holes. If you want to get to the championship series you need 1-9 to be tough outs. This group didn’t have that. This was definitely Kenny’s slowest team he’s had as well least pop in terms of the HR ball since his early years. This group missed some loud bats as well. Didn’t really replace cottrill or pettys production in the portal

Me personally I’d like to see more speed on this team since if we’re going have more of a gap to gap approach.

Could you use two other players to make your point. Cottrill has the talent but she pretty much checked out on her team. That why she was benched for Tuck. It’s a shame cause she does have the talent.

Petty???? Seriously??? Nothing against her but Becker is way more productive.

Could you use two other players to make your point. Cottrill has the talent but she pretty much checked out on her team. That why she was benched for Tuck. It’s a shame cause she does have the talent.

Petty???? Seriously??? Nothing against her but Becker is way more productive.

I meant petty to Bloodworth. Should’ve said which players. If petty stays, she plays 3rd, which is her natural position and was the plan to become Pennington replacement, but she surprised everyone and bolted. Bloodworth did a solid job at 3rd, but it’s not her natural position. She’s a 2nd baseman…which is why the McNeese State transfer makes a ton of sense.

Cottrill was never benched completely for tuck. Cottrill started the mass majority of the games. Checked out is quite a stretch…she had a slight dip in the middle of the season in terms of production but she was quite productive last year.

Becker in reality replaced Brianna Evans who like I said earlier is retired from softball, which isn’t surprising. Her love for Christ is her real passion and I expect her to in the mission fields in the not so distant future. Safe to say she was a major upgrade

Last edited:
Imagine being disappointed in another sport at OSU for only finishing in the top 6. Once upon a time that used to the norm with wrestling and golf (not so much any more), but today, softball is the only sport that has been consistently competing for a championship (not counting cross-country, but that's a different animal). Coach Gajewski has been able to build this program in rapid time and limited resources while the school down the road is in an historic run of championships. He's never missed the offseason and in 7 years (not counting covid year), the Cowgirls have been in the WCWS four times. That's incredible. Compare that to Holliday's record of one CWS in 10 years. Not to mention the disparity in salary and facilities. Gajewski is not in the top 10 highest paid softball coaches--he should be--and the team needs a top 10 facility. If the university would pony up some $ for a new facility and pay Coach G and his staff accordingly, with OU leaving the conference, the Cowgirls could be the dominating power of the Big 12 and just might be able to break OU's grip on the softball world. Even as it stands, softball is by far the best and most consistent program at OSU right now. It needs to be treated as such.

Back