Recruiting Trajectory

I’ll be worried when we put together a couple average seasons in a row and a real trend begins. It’s crazy to me that people forget that we were literally 1 inch away from a Big 12 champ and playoff birth a season ago. I pray that Gundy and co. comes out this season and puts all these doubters to shame more so than I ever have.
This past season, OSU was a couple of non-mistakes by Texas away from having a losing season.

I would expect a lot of Gundy’s focus going forward to be on portal players over HS recruiting. I would expect to see us have very small HS classes. There is too much of an unknown variable recruiting HS players vs Portal players. We are a program that can win a lot of games and have a lot of success with guys from the portal.

I would expect a lot of Gundy’s focus going forward to be on portal players over HS recruiting. I would expect to see us have very small HS classes. There is too much of an unknown variable recruiting HS players vs Portal players. We are a program that can win a lot of games and have a lot of success with guys from the portal.
Without a doubt. Especially upfront.

The added benefit to recruiting portal players is that going forward it should lock them in to your roster with more certainty of future year rosters, as players now only get one transfer without sitting out going forward.

I think that’s going to be true for everyone in college football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was originally saying the HS class should be no bigger than 10-15, but now I think 15 may be too high.

It is a waste of resources, let them go develop in the "minors" or get squeezed out at Georgia/Bama and then pick them up through the portal. Don't waste NIL money on them either. Save it for proven talent.

I was originally saying the HS class should be no bigger than 10-15, but now I think 15 may be too high.

It is a waste of resources, let them go develop in the "minors" or get squeezed out at Georgia/Bama and then pick them up through the portal. Don't waste NIL money on them either. Save it for proven talent.
Yes and no. This is actually what a LOT of the other schools are doing now as well. Which is leading to a LOT of high school recruits being under recruited and missed. This means that our diamond in the rough recruiting of high school recruits should be an even better strategy now.

Yes and no. This is actually what a LOT of the other schools are doing now as well. Which is leading to a LOT of high school recruits being under recruited and missed. This means that our diamond in the rough recruiting of high school recruits should be an even better strategy now.
I agree, but retaining those diamonds will be more difficult as well

If we can get 3 years out of a great player I’ll consider us lucky . One to learn, one to contribute and one to really stand out before they go to an ESPN approved powerhouse. We’re a triple A league program now, gotta get used to that reality.

That’s everyone but about 4-5 programs max right now.

If we can get 3 years out of a great player I’ll consider us lucky . One to learn, one to contribute and one to really stand out before they go to an ESPN approved powerhouse. We’re a triple A league program now, gotta get used to that reality.

This is Oliver’s 3rd year. I’m surprised that some of the more sleazy schools didn’t make a big push for him last year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back