Gundy on Robert Allen Show

Sounds cherry picked. I've seen a couple of his play-off games and he seemed to rely primarily on one WR/TE (who also was going D1). I also remember him running a lot more when the passing game wasn't working. It was very reminiscent of how he played at OSU.

I knew a guy that did a bunch of High School stuff for the media and was actually part of the TV show when they hand out the Texas player of the year award. He viewed SS as a legit star and that he was going to do great in college.

As far as I'm concerned, SS did great in college. However, I don't think he developed his arm as expected so he never maximized his potential. I don't know if that is SS or if it is coaching. I haven't been too impressed with any of the back-up QB's during SS's time at OSU, however Rangel in the bowl game was much better than regular season Rangel.
You also have to realize that the backups were a completely different skillset than what our offense was geared for. They were naturally going to look bad.

Have to disagree with that.

What does it matter if you're talented or not?

If you're more talented, you don't need to do as much because you can just maul people. When you're less talented, you better have a lot of different looks to help bridge the gap in your lack of talent.

K-State is the perfect model. They don't have more talented guys than we do, but they do WAY more with their blocking schemes.

OU has excelled at running counter under Bedenbaugh, but they can run zone, too, and ISO.

Part of the vanilla of our offense has been the running game that seriously lacks imagination.

You have these guys in meetings and practice for an enormous amount of time. They are more than smart enough to handle the extra schemes.
Much easier said than done. Gap and zone schemes are completely different worlds. Go sit down with an OL coach and he’ll tell you all about it. You can only allot so much practice time to certain things. Yes, as I stated in my post Ou did run both but much much better at gap scheme. Their zone scheme was average. K State, under Snyder was again primarily gap scheme and they would do different things within their gap schemes to give different looks based on the defenses front each week. They ran zone as well but as like Ou, their gap scheme was much better and that’s where they made their living. Neither Ou or K State was excellent at both. They were very good at gap scheme and adding wrinkles within that and ran some zone schemes when they liked the matchup and even then it wasn’t great. I will agree that the staff has to do better at being more creative within their run scheme, it has been very predictable.

Glad to here it!

With a name like Broncopoke you're either a Denver fan or a bronc rider, so you're used to getting kicked in the nuts. I'd be grumpy too!
This post made me laugh, nice one.

But the Broncos solved a lot of problems by firing a clown and doing whatever it takes to secure an experienced winner, Sean Payton.

Back