Recruiting Trajectory

z004

Is anyone else concerned about the recruiting trajectory for football? It only seems to get worse every year. Our recruiting budget is low and we’re now getting outspent by programs like Tech and K-Sate. Also, Gundy’s only elite year in the last several seasons was when he had a bunch of super-seniors on defense due to the COVID loophole. Outside of that, there has been an abundance of average seasons lately. With NIL now being a factor in recruiting, I do not see this situation getting any better. College football is about 85% recruiting and 15% coaching when it comes to the elite teams, so this is a major concern in my opinion.

So...yes the fact that our budget is so low and our rankings are consistently lower than they should be is unsettling. And Gundy does seem to be stepping up his game recently (which likely has something to do with our decent start to the '24 class). Keeping in mind that Gundy has always done more with less, If we can keep that recruiting momentum up we could have a really good stretch of seasons upcoming.

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

Is anyone else concerned about the recruiting trajectory for football? It only seems to get worse every year. Our recruiting budget is low and we’re now getting outspent by programs like Tech and K-Sate. Also, Gundy’s only elite year in the last several seasons was when he had a bunch of super-seniors on defense due to the COVID loophole. Outside of that, there has been an abundance of average seasons lately. With NIL now being a factor in recruiting, I do not see this situation getting any better. College football is about 85% recruiting and 15% coaching when it comes to the elite teams, so this is a major concern in my opinion.
I feel like if this was posted 1 year ago, I would agree more. But we are recruiting pretty well right now, even with the incredibly low budget.

I’ll be worried when we put together a couple average seasons in a row and a real trend begins. It’s crazy to me that people forget that we were literally 1 inch away from a Big 12 champ and playoff birth a season ago. I pray that Gundy and co. comes out this season and puts all these doubters to shame more so than I ever have.

I think you will definitely see that. Our left tackle position will be a major upgrade. We really need bowman to perform well to have a great season
Anybody is better than Etienne…but I’m just concerned that the OL will be actually perform. Bowman is the key…we banking on someone who hasn’t played in 2 years.

I haven’t seen/heard anything about Flores. Any news on his Spring?
He has apparently been impressive for a freshman. Came in and tested much better with Glass than they thought he would. He is apparently starting to pick up things but he is going to need time. Good thing is he should be able to get it and be ready to compete for the starting QB job starting next spring.

He has apparently been impressive for a freshman. Came in and tested much better with Glass than they thought he would. He is apparently starting to pick up things but he is going to need time. Good thing is he should be able to get it and be ready to compete for the starting QB job starting next spring.
Also quite a lot faster than they expected.

That will be a really good competition going into the '24 season.

Jenks is having a really nice recruiting year. They got the freshman RB from BA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Back