Class of 2024 (Wrestling Recruiting)

BigBadBob

Of Mat Scout Willies' top 25 recruits in the Class of 2024 (outgoing Jr's/incoming Seniors) only 4 are not committed, and as far as I have heard, we really aren't on their radars (or don't want them - Angelo Ferrari). After several stellar recruiting classes, this one is pretty light, with our top commit being Beric Jordan. Penn State has commitments from 3 of the top 4, and 5 of the top 17. Insane.

#30 Beric Jordan (Stillwater-125-3 stars) - OSU
#53 Kael Voinovich (Stillwater-165-3 stars) was committed to us but thats up in the air with his brother transferring from OSU to Iowa this offseason.
#56 Clayton Giddens (Bixby-149-3 stars) is uncommitted
#64 Gage Walker (Boxby-133-3 stars) is committed to Missouri
#77 Layton Schneider (Ed. North-174-3 stars) is uncommitted
#81 Jude Randall (Ed. North-174-3 stars) is uncommitted
#101 Landyn Sommer (Stillwater-165-2 stars) is uncommitted
#117 Ricky Thomas (Ed. North-HWT-2 stars) is uncommitted
#138 Oscar Williams (Ed. North-HWT-2 stars) is uncommitted
#145 Hunter Hollingsworth (Ed. North-141-2 stars) is uncommitted
#147 JJ Mccomas-Rogers (Stillwater-149-2 stars) is uncommitted
Unranked Kolter Burton (American Falls, Idaho-133) is committed to us

Plenty of time on the clock to flip someone maybe, but this is a deep class, especially at the top and the fact we are getting murdered there is not great.

There aren't any available scholarships to offer. Class of 25 will be #1 again.

You see this with Penn State and Ohio State too. They'll sign a top class, then nobody. It's cyclical when you only have 9.9 scholarships to offer.

Also can't offer NIL to high schoolers. So these kids that are top are looking for full rides.

There aren't any available scholarships to offer. Class of 25 will be #1 again.

You see this with Penn State and Ohio State too. They'll sign a top class, then nobody. It's cyclical when you only have 9.9 scholarships to offer.

Also can't offer NIL to high schoolers. So these kids that are top are looking for full rides.
this is an excellent and deep class at the top. It’s a shame we couldnt figure out a way to get at least one guy. how would we not have a scholly to offer?

All of our scholarships are committed to wrestlers we have or that we think we can get in 25/26. Plus covid. I don't know the specifics but I'm pretty sure Williams, Carroll, Thompson, Hughes, and Plott are on full scholarships. That leaves 4.9 more to give out amongst the roster. Spratley probably got a large chunk covered. Carter probably has a healthy scholarship. Heeg has a scholarship.

Still time to flip one of these top guys. Voinovich leaving opened up a full ride so hopefully they can get somebody in the 24 class flipped.

All of our scholarships are committed to wrestlers we have or that we think we can get in 25/26. Plus covid. I don't know the specifics but I'm pretty sure Williams, Carroll, Thompson, Hughes, and Plott are on full scholarships. That leaves 4.9 more to give out amongst the roster. Spratley probably got a large chunk covered. Carter probably has a healthy scholarship. Heeg has a scholarship.

Still time to flip one of these top guys. Voinovich leaving opened up a full ride so hopefully they can get somebody in the 24 class flipped.
Speaking of 2024 penn state guys at the top of the board - lilledahl beat the older spratley twice in the finals. Sealey finished 3rd not bad for kids just finished jr year

Speaking of 2024 penn state guys at the top of the board - lilledahl beat the older spratley twice in the finals. Sealey finished 3rd not bad for kids just finished jr year

So who do you want to cut to go get them flipped?

Not every year. Let's talk about their 2022 class. Hell their 2023 class only has one top 10 guy. Their 2024 class is their reload like our 2023 class is ours. 2025 and 2026 will be big classes for OSU as well.

Back