OU and Texas gone after 2023-2024 year

You know the name, apparently..and claimed you havent heard of him..not gonna waste time in your round-a-bout discussions
The only name i know is the dc, nard dog. I do not know who the qb is. I could google it but that would defeat the purpose for coming here. the board exists for this very reason! to discuss

Its Alan Bowman.
Oh yeah the tech qb. I remember now, I knew it was someone I had previously heard of. do you think he'll be an upgrade over sanders? I might be a bit apprehensive considering how pedestrian he's been at michigan and tech. Honestly i'd rather have kept sanders. I heard he asked to come back but gundy wasnt having it

Oh yeah the tech qb. I remember now, I knew it was someone I had previously heard of. do you think he'll be an upgrade over sanders? I might be a bit apprehensive considering how pedestrian he's been at michigan and tech. Honestly i'd rather have kept sanders. I heard he asked to come back but gundy wasnt having it

He was outstanding at Tech, but injury-prone--had two consecutive season-ending injuries. He's strictly a pocket-passer, so we lose a much-needed running dimension at that position, but hopefully, experience, poise and accuracy offset it somewhat.

He was outstanding at Tech, but injury-prone--had two consecutive season-ending injuries. He's strictly a pocket-passer, so we lose a much-needed running dimension at that position, but hopefully, experience, poise and accuracy offset it somewhat.
he had one good season at tech, but i wouldnt call it outstanding. it was his freshman year where he averaged 69% passing, 8 yards per pass, but a not all that great 17 td to 7 int ratio. Unfortunately he has regressed since then. yeah he got hurt in 2019, he wasnt going all that well before injury. in 2020, yeah he got hurt, but he was again very average in the other games.

I'd say he has nice upside if you look at his freshman year but 2 years at michigan and 0 starts, cant be good. in 2021 despite being the most experienced qb on their roster playing in 19 games, he was the 3rd string qb behind a freshman and another guy who had 2 career starts between them. this was his chance to take the job because mcnamara was not good in 2021. but he ended up being qb3 for 2 seasons instead.

So, it will be interesting to see how this one plays out for sure! Hopefully it works out better for them than some of the transfers OU had. They found out the hard way why beville was the qb3 at pittsburgh.

Last edited:
he had one good season at tech, but i wouldnt call it outstanding. it was his freshman year where he averaged 69% passing, 8 yards per pass, but a not all that great 17 td to 7 int ratio. Unfortunately he has regressed since then. yeah he got hurt in 2019, he wasnt going all that well before injury. in 2020, yeah he got hurt, but he was again very average in the other games.

I'd say he has nice upside if you look at his freshman year but 2 years at michigan and 0 starts, cant be good. in 2021 despite being the most experienced qb on their roster playing in 19 games, he was the 3rd string qb behind a freshman and another guy who had 2 career starts between them. this was his chance to take the job because mcnamara was not good in 2021. but he ended up being qb3 for 2 seasons instead.

So, it will be interesting to see how this one plays out for sure! Hopefully it works out better for them than some of the transfers OU had. They found out the hard way why beville was the qb3 at pittsburgh.
Sure seem to know a lot about, and have already formed your opinion of a guy you stated earlier you "could not remember" and came here for information.

Sure seem to know a lot about, and have already formed your opinion of a guy you stated earlier you "could not remember" and came here for information.
Yep, it's weird how much data you can find out about someone on espn. I honestly had a more positive impression of bowman before i looked up his stats.

This is why you leave him alone...he always acts like its about "football", but he's a goon for a reason- back handed insults and downplaying anything positive. When his team has even the slightest struggle or just a singular loss, he disappears suddenly for some made up computer issue or fictitious vacation. It's all just a ploy to instigate...

This is why you leave him alone...he always acts like its about "football", but he's a goon for a reason- back handed insults and downplaying anything positive. When his team has even the slightest struggle or just a singular loss, he disappears suddenly for some made up computer issue or fictitious vacation. It's all just a ploy to get attention...
FIFY

I honestly had a more positive impression of Venables as a HC until he put up some stats.....so, I kinda of see your point.
Oh a subject change, nice. I like it.
Me too btw. But apparently not even venables could do much with the level of talent that grinch had developed on defense. So he sent 18 of them packing and only 3 of them landed at a p5 school. There were only a few guys good enough to start in the last few classes classes combined. which tells me that the talent eval on the previous staff was pretty awful.

It's okay though, luckily he knows how to recruit! and for some reason elite athletes just want to play in the sec. so i like their chances to get better on D.

Last edited:
This is why you leave him alone...he always acts like its about "football", but he's a goon for a reason- back handed insults and downplaying anything positive. When his team has even the slightest struggle or just a singular loss, he disappears suddenly for some made up computer issue or fictitious vacation. It's all just a ploy to instigate...
You're welcome for the engagement.

I don't know what goon means, but thanks! I dont mean to downplay bowman, he seems really awesome, probably going to be in the heisman conversation. his stats dont matter and it was a travesty that he was qb3 at michigan, probably should have started. my bad.

I don't know what goon means, but thanks! I dont mean to downplay bowman, he seems really awesome, probably going to be in the heisman conversation. his stats dont matter and it was a travesty that he was qb3 at michigan, probably should have started. my bad.
Sounds like you are trying to shuffle Bowman in with the Heisman candidate in Norman you were braying about last year.

Oh a subject change, nice. I like it.
Me too btw. But apparently not even venables could do much with the level of talent that grinch had developed on defense. So he sent 18 of them packing and only 3 of them landed at a p5 school. There were only a few guys good enough to start in the last few classes classes combined. which tells me that the talent eval on the previous staff was pretty awful.

It's okay though, luckily he knows how to recruit! and for some reason elite athletes just want to play in the sec. so i like their chances to get better on D.
If he can't make 4 star defensive recurits perform on the field he better figure out how to steal all the 5 star defensive recruits from Bama and hope he can do something with them.

Back