2024 Schedule

We don't have dates yet, but dare I say that next year's New Big 12 schedule will set up to be more difficult than it was in 2023?

(not counting CCG vs Texas)

Non con will be tougher. Arkansas coming here is cool but I have no idea who scheduled SDSU and why they did it. Playing in Manhattan will be harder than any road game we had this year. I don't know if BYU will be improved, but playing in Provo isn't easy and we needed a huge comeback to beat them this year. Colorado has already beefed up their OL in the portal, so that could possibly be a tough one. Other than ASU at home, I don't see any "gimmies."

OSU schedule.png

No idea why you would schedule that SDSU game. A no win situation facing a perennial FCS power that’s going to spend the entire offseason focusing on one game. Not to mention we don’t have a great track record of playing well in opening games. They are way better than the mediocre FCS Central Arkansas we struggled with this year, and not to mention they bring back a very good Sr QB.

Don't face Arizona though, barring any outbound transfers Arizona might have the best QB/WR tandem in the conference next season.

Colorado came out on fire this season and then promptly fell off a cliff once they entered conference play. I will be curious if the reliance on the transfer portal diminishes some and more emphasis is placed on recruiting/developing.

Honestly we had an exceptionally easy schedule in 23' so it was bound to be harder next year.

This Schedule looks pretty salty though...hell we even play AT Tulsa. Lots of fun/interesting games. Gonna be fun but tough!

I could see both us and KState being undefeated going into that game. Would be huge! I'm so excited to play Utah. Their fans are REALLY cocky. I really like their coach, but...time to show them who runs this conference!

Dude, hold up...I just noticed...we go:

Tulsa
Waco
Provo
Boulder
Manhattan

5 Week Road Game Stretch!? WTF?!

I’ve been a proponent of moving a conference game to zero week to stretch out the meat of the schedule and also get us more eyeballs.

Honestly we had an exceptionally easy schedule in 23' so it was bound to be harder next year.

This Schedule looks pretty salty though...hell we even play AT Tulsa. Lots of fun/interesting games. Gonna be fun but tough!

I could see both us and KState being undefeated going into that game. Would be huge! I'm so excited to play Utah. Their fans are REALLY cocky. I really like their coach, but...time to show them who runs this conference!

Tulsa
Waco
Provo
Boulder
Manhattan

Those are the games- it’s not in that order

No idea why you would schedule that SDSU game. A no win situation facing a perennial FCS power that’s going to spend the entire offseason focusing on one game. Not to mention we don’t have a great track record of playing well in opening games. They are way better than the mediocre FCS Central Arkansas we struggled with this year, and not to mention they bring back a very good Sr QB.
I’d rather play another G5 (Rice, Tex St, UTSA, UTEP) than a killer FCS school

We took it on because Nebraska paid us to play them

That being said SDSU is losing 33 seniors. Including their starting receivers, star running back and 2 AA linemen. They are still going to be good, but this team is loaded because of the number of 6th Covid seniors. A buddy of mine who is pretty involved with their players association isn’t confident in keeping their starting QB

Last edited:

That being said SDSU is losing 35 seniors. Including their starting receivers, star running back and 2 AA linemen. They are still going to be good, but this team is loaded because of the number of 6th Covid seniors. A buddy of mine who is pretty involved with their players association isn’t confident in keeping their starting QB
Lol nebrasky. Their pain will never not be hilarious to me.

Tulsa
Waco
Provo
Boulder
Manhattan

Those are the games- it’s not in that order

Hah. I previously explained that twice in our tailgaters convo. Someone posted the schedule again last night, but she had to overlap 2 screenshots, so I asked her why we had 17 games on the schedule, including 2 against ASU. She didn't get it.

That being said SDSU is losing 35 seniors. Including their starting receivers, star running back and 2 AA linemen. They are still going to be good, but this team is loaded because of the number of 6th Covid seniors. A buddy of mine who is pretty involved with their players association isn’t confident in keeping their starting QB
Thanks for that info, didn't know that. Man, how fun would it be to play Nebraska?

Starting the season with SDSU and Arky is also why I'd like to have an established QB. That would be a tough ask for Flores to start with those two teams.

Back