Mike Gundy wins Big 12 COTY & Ollie Gordon wins offensive POTY

LS1 Z28

Coach of the year: Mike Gundy
Offensive player of the year: Ollie Gordon II
1st team: Ollie Gordon II & Nick Martin
2nd team: Brennan Presley, Collin Oliver, & Alex Hale

It kind of surprises me that Coach Gundy won the COTY award, but he definitely deserves it. You can make an argument that this is his best coaching job ever since the margin for error is so thin. Ollie definitely deserves the offensive POTY award because he's the best back in the country. He deserves the Doak Walker award as well.

It kind of surprises me that Coach Gundy won the COTY award, but he definitely deserves it. You can make an argument that this is his best coaching job ever since the margin for error is so thin. Ollie definitely deserves the offensive POTY award because he's the best back in the country. He deserves the Doak Walker award as well.
Besides Gundy, I don't know who else you would give it to. Every else either did what they were supposed to do or massively underachieved. Texas, OU, KSU, KU, and ISU were always going to be in the top half of the league this year. TCU, Baylor, and Tech all declined. Only one of the newbies is bowl-eligible. I guess WVU wasn't complete garbage this year? After the South Alabama and ISU games, we were dead in the water and here we are in the conference championship game. And Ollie is Ollie ofc.

Besides Gundy, I don't know who else you would give it to. Every else either did what they were supposed to do or massively underachieved. Texas, OU, KSU, KU, and ISU were always going to be in the top half of the league this year. TCU, Baylor, and Tech all declined. Only one of the newbies is bowl-eligible. I guess WVU wasn't complete garbage this year? After the South Alabama and ISU games, we were dead in the water and here we are in the conference championship game. And Ollie is Ollie ofc.
Agreed, weird year. Storyline is there for Sark to get it for finally winning 10 games I guess, or Venables for improving in year 2, but I love the Big 12 conspiracy continuing with these awards. :)

Hoping for a final Tuck Fexas on Saturday to send them out in style.✌️

Neal Brown would be my only other proposal. They were projected similarly to us preseason and there was hot seat rumor around him, yet they won 8 games. Big turnaround.

Congrats to HCMG and Ollie! I'm as critical as anyone on this board of Gundy, but he probably deserves this. On one hand, we lost to USA and UCF. On the other hand, we beat uo and made the CCG. All things considered, this is a pretty amazing outcome for this team, and they all deserve credit for getting us to this point.

Back