#3 OSU at #5 Mizzou

I think they are keeping Robb’s redshirt. If I’m not mistaken, he has already wrestled the max amount before losing the RS.
That's what Rex mentioned on the broadcast yesterday.

My question is, why did we not see Tagen Jamison yesterday? Was it planned to give him some rest, or spur of the moment when misery forfeited 133 so we shuffled Fix up for more experience to give best chance at team points?

That's what Rex mentioned on the broadcast yesterday.

My question is, why did we not see Tagen Jamison yesterday? Was it planned to give him some rest, or spur of the moment when misery forfeited 133 so we shuffled Fix up for more experience to give best chance at team points?
I read on Twitter that he injured himself against ASU. He could have went if it was absolutely needed but Fix bumping up let them give him a little rest.

I read on Twitter that he injured himself against ASU. He could have went if it was absolutely needed but Fix bumping up let them give him a little rest.
This. He had a concerning injury timeout, but got back up and finished the guy off... with mustard!

Makes sense. I remember the injury time for him against ASU, but he did finish and didn't look much if at all hobbled. On the broadcast there was so much confusion over the forfeit and weight shift with Fix they never got to explaining why Jamison wasn't out there.

Makes sense. I remember the injury time for him against ASU, but he did finish and didn't look much if at all hobbled. On the broadcast there was so much confusion over the forfeit and weight shift with Fix they never got to explaining why Jamison wasn't out there.
I just found the broadcast on youtube a couple of hours ago...I don't think those guys did much "homework" on our guys to know...and it sounded like Rex was struggling with the feed from Flo...shocker.

Last edited:
Since I started watching the video of Sunday on youtube...some things are making sense...however...
For you wrestlers, coaches etc...what do you think about the no calls in Spratley's match? Seemed Surtin had him over but not really in "danger" of getting Spratley to the mat. Were those still nocalls or the right call?
Also, seemed to me the neck brace Surtin had on prevented those moves creating "danger"...thoughts?

I just found the broadcast on youtube a couple of hours ago...I don't think those guys did much "homework" on our guys to know...and it sounded like Rec was struggling with the feed from Flo...shocker.
Every time I consider getting Flo for a month for a wrestling match and early season baseball tourney, I read comments from folks who did about how awful their streams are and know I've made the right decision to save my money and listen on the radio.

The team is having a really good year. We need to fill it up on Saturday and keep the momentum going. South Dakota State may not be a household name but they are very good. Several wrestlers have the opportunity for big wins.

I've known Tagen since he was a little kid. He's always been tough. When he was in I want to say middle school he got into a bad four-wheeler incident and broke his femur. After it healed, he bounced back like nothing had happened.
Love these stories!
Jamison, Thompson, and Spratley are just fun & exciting to watch. Plott is a man on a mission and hoping for everythign for him after watching his journey. But those youngins are growing and fighting so hard this season.

It would be nice to win a National Championship in the next couple of years.
Reaction GIF

Let it come...
Trying not to build meself up...

...not yet...after Iowa

Mizzou win was big.

Key wins were:

174 with Thompson, beat Muzzou guy who placed 8th (?) last year and was ranked 5th (?). Also beat Plott in dual meet last year. So big win, best match he has had so far. Will get to follow it up as SDS has very good guy at 174, ranked 4th. Also, match went to overtime, but it was Thompson who had moves that didn't quite score points, Mizzou guy didn't get close. Maybe Thompson gets to be an AA.

125, with Spratley inning against highly ranked guy. That and his win against ASU guy were his best wins. He had lost against most other really solid 125 pounders this year (exception is Lehigh guy).

157, with Travis beating Mauller. Mauller placed lat year at 149. So with win over NCS guy he has beaten 2 AA from last year. And this is from guy who basically moved up from 149 to 157 because he couldn't start at 149. He is a small 157 pounder, and that hurt him against ASU guy, but he looks like an AA to me.

We were underdogs in all 3 of those matches. Those 3 gave us the win, as it resulted in 18 point swing.

Key loss was 285. If Doucet could beat Elam, really helps his chances aof being an AA.

After Mizzou, we have 2 guys who look like a lock for AA (Fix and Plott), 1 guy who is very likely Olejnik (but for fact 165 is so brutal, he would be a lock), and 5 guys ( Spratley, Jamison, Travis, Thompson, and Doucet) with a good shot. Williams has talent and is wrestling better, but has not had a really good win yet. Surber has not wrestled enough to know. If he is even a little better than he was last year, he can AA.

Random, but does anyone know if Peyton Mocco from mizzou is related to Shane Mocco? My freshman year, Shane filled in on our d-line because we were thin, and I thought that was the coolest thing ever.
Steve Mocco. I also wondered the same thing about relation.

Back