Season opener at SHSU

I didn’t see the play. But if it was a fly ball that was caught and a runner was doubled off the bases. The run still counts as long as he crossed the plate before the 3rd out.
Correct. An out on a retreating runner is not a force out. People will say he was "doubled off" but it's not in the sense of a traditional double play.

Well, in most college sports your first game is a cupcake and you work out the kinks while cruising.
You celebrate a win against an overmatched opponent and then go back to practice.

But college baseball is different, especially with how Josh schedules. There's been a lot of first weekend clunkers. What sucks the most is you wait for an entire offseason to see them play but have to wait longer for them to play well.

Another season of the same old same old. A bunch of big tall athletic guys swinging for the fences and striking out and another inept pitching staff that can’t get anybody out. Should be a great encore to our electrifying basketball season!

I didn’t see the play. But if it was a fly ball that was caught and a runner was doubled off the bases. The run still counts as long as he crossed the plate before the 3rd out.
I just don’t see how he could tag and get home before the right fielder popped up and threw it to first.

I just don’t see how he could tag and get home before the right fielder popped up and threw it to first.

My thoughts exactly. They said in the radio Josh asked the ump to ask the rest of the crew and he refused. That sounds like all ego to me for the idiot behind the plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back