#9 OSU at #10 UCLA

OSU travels to Clearwater next weekend. First game is Friday versus Georgia. Then they face Wisconsin, LSU (still yet to allow a run) Northwestern, and Georgia Tech.

And then one more game on the trip at Stetson on Wednesday.

5-0 and top 10 heading into next week!

OSU travels to Clearwater next weekend. First game is Friday versus Georgia. Then they face Wisconsin, LSU (still yet to allow a run) Northwestern, and Georgia Tech.

And then one more game on the trip at Stetson on Wednesday.

5-0 and top 10 heading into next week!
The girls are fun to watch. Coach G is doing such great work.

Just for clarification, the Cowgirl catcher that has been raking at the plate is Caroline Wang, pictured below. She is a transfer from Liberty.

It might be a Donna Chang situation. If you get that reference, we can be friends.
(Edit: I see she married a man named Wang)

I got the reference, friend. We have a couple in our tailgate group named Wang. He looks even less Asian than I do, and I'm at zero. Ditto for her - she's about 5'9" and a redhead. He's an engineer and says when he went to job interviews, several folks seemed genuinely disappointed when he WASN'T Asian.

Just for clarification, the Cowgirl catcher that has been raking at the plate is Caroline Wang, pictured below. She is a transfer from Liberty.

It might be a Donna Chang situation. If you get that reference, we can be friends.
(Edit: I see she married a man named Wang)

View attachment 3563
Caroline Wang was last yr ASUN player of the yr for those that didn’t know.

At the open scrimmage to the public few weeks ago…she has a good sense of humor.

I heard Kenny telling her that she didn’t round 2nd the correct way and that she could be thrown out.

She replied with a giggle, “Coach….you underestimate my speed”

Kenny just shook his head then looked up at me since I was laughing

Ivy Rosenberry gets the start for OSU. Kenny has mentioned using Kilfoyl from inning 3 on. Still strange to me.

Walk
Swinging K. Nice sequence.
Error by Davis at 2nd, 2 on. Might have been two. Can't have that.
Now the runner is called out on an 'illegal substitution' for the injured player. Crazy!
Groundout to Godwin at 1st unassisted.

1-0 OSU after 1

I’ve heard Kilfoyl likes to come into relief more than being a starter. I took it like certain players in basketball are good enough to be a starter but does even better coming off the bench after seeing how the flow of the game is going.

Either way….i like Kilfoyl as a starter or relief pitcher….total package

Softball team is better than what people thought they were going to be. And they’re only gonna get better from here on out as they gel.
Ever since the first home game of fall ball…..I have been high on this team. I even have said it on Twitter(X) spaces multiple times that this team can make it back to WCWS. The potential is there….ladies needs to keep towards that goal.

I just think they are very similar to the football team. Everything it was about all the people who left and not about who was coming in to play softball for coach Kenny G. We’ve got (I think) more collective offense up and down the lineup than we had the last two seasons.

Another run Godwin double, run rule in effect. 9-1
You are spot on 1000000000% from what all I’ve heard

The girls lineup imo is way better than last years lineup. Tallen starting is huge, but we have power hitters (I wont be surprised if Lott is 4th later in the year)

I'm super excited with Tallen. Coming into the season, I didn't know who will come close to put up stats like Becker has. I also thought Tallen be a really good 2-hole hitter not a leadoff. Love it when I get to eat crow when I’m wrong.

If Wark cannot play with the injury…..Godwin, Wang, Lott could be our 3-4-5 hole hitters.

the pitching staff this year will be similar to what you see at FSU, which is a true staff. Analytics will also play a huge part in the pitching staff so don’t be surprised to see Kilfoyl come out of the pen often. It’s what they did with Sandercock and it was successful.

Kenny has a ton of admiration for the FSU softball team and how they run their program. Their program is first class all around

Back