#9 OSU at #10 UCLA

Softball team is better than what people thought they were going to be. And they’re only gonna get better from here on out as they gel.
I think they may be more talented in some spots. For example, we all loved Taylor Tuck, but she was just a grinder, now we have a potential all conference player at catcher. Edwards *may* be able to match Becker in the leadoff spot. Godwin just hammers the ball everywhere.

Wark isn't even in the conversation right now and last year she saw a lot of Abs.

I think they may be more talented in some spots. For example, we all loved Taylor Tuck, but she was just a grinder, now we have a potential all conference player at catcher. Edwards *may* be able to match Becker in the leadoff spot. Godwin just hammers the ball everywhere.

Wark isn't even in the conversation right now and last year she saw a lot of Abs.
I just think they are very similar to the football team. Everything it was about all the people who left and not about who was coming in to play softball for coach Kenny G. We’ve got (I think) more collective offense up and down the lineup than we had the last two seasons.

Another run Godwin double, run rule in effect. 9-1

The girls lineup imo is way better than last years lineup. Tallen starting is huge, but we have power hitters (I wont be surprised if Lott is 4th later in the year)
That’s what I’m seeing, it’s not the first four batters in the lineup have to do all the work. We’re going to be able to score up and down the entire thing. And we have some speed.

I am a huge Tallen fan too, watching her last year I said "this girl might have the highest sports IQ on the team". The way she moves on the field, her confidence, her patience at the plate, everything is perfect esp for being a sophomore this year. In 2 years she might be one of the best players to come through OSU softball.

Good first weekend…next week couple weekend should tell where this young team is at.

UCLA is also young and dealing with some injuries. They should look at lot better than right now in a few months

Back