Trump 2024 Run Thread

There has to be revenues for income tax purposes. And if there is no income…no tax fraud.

That said, that does not protect him against any laws/regulations regarding creating companies under false pretenses.

Edit: I do like the article you linked. As you can see in that link you provided, all people received funds illegally, stole, or had tax or insurance fraud (other than Jason Holley case..can’t tell about that one)
That is a requirement of it being a felony, I think. The felony part is that the record was falsified to allow another crime.

That is a requirement of it being a felony, I think. The felony part is that the record was falsified to allow another crime.
Agree.
He committed a crime of creating a false record. (Yes)
He does not appear to have committed any tax evasion or fraud. And creating a false record does not appear to have a victim. (for what we know …yes)

He should have just wired Cohen funds and paid Cohen directly. But he attempted to cover his tracks. I don’t believe Trump on his claim that Cohen did this independently.

Agree.
He committed a crime of creating a false record. (Yes)
He does not appear to have committed any tax evasion or fraud. And creating a false record does not appear to have a victim. (for what we know …yes)

He should have just wired Cohen funds and paid Cohen directly. But he attempted to cover his tracks. I don’t believe Trump on his claim that Cohen did this independently.
It appears that the jury felt that there was either tax evasion, fraud, or a campaign violation:

Why were the charges a felony?​

Under New York law, falsification of business records is a crime when the records are altered with an intent to defraud. To be charged as a felony, prosecutors must also show that the offender intended to "commit another crime" or "aid or conceal" another crime when falsifying records.

In Trump's case, prosecutors said that other crime was a violation of a New York election law that makes it illegal for "any two or more persons" to "conspire to promote or prevent the election of any person to a public office by unlawful means," as Justice Juan Merchan explained in his instructions to the jury.

What exactly those "unlawful means" were in this case was up to the jury to decide. Prosecutors put forth three areas that they could consider: a violation of federal campaign finance laws, falsification of other business records or a violation of tax laws.

Jurors did not need to agree on what the underlying "unlawful means" were. But they did have to unanimously conclude that Trump caused the business records to be falsified, and that he "did so with intent to defraud that included an intent to commit another crime or to aid or conceal the commission thereof."

It appears that the jury felt that there was either tax evasion, fraud, or a campaign violation:

Why were the charges a felony?​

Under New York law, falsification of business records is a crime when the records are altered with an intent to defraud. To be charged as a felony, prosecutors must also show that the offender intended to "commit another crime" or "aid or conceal" another crime when falsifying records.

In Trump's case, prosecutors said that other crime was a violation of a New York election law that makes it illegal for "any two or more persons" to "conspire to promote or prevent the election of any person to a public office by unlawful means," as Justice Juan Merchan explained in his instructions to the jury.

What exactly those "unlawful means" were in this case was up to the jury to decide. Prosecutors put forth three areas that they could consider: a violation of federal campaign finance laws, falsification of other business records or a violation of tax laws.

Jurors did not need to agree on what the underlying "unlawful means" were. But they did have to unanimously conclude that Trump caused the business records to be falsified, and that he "did so with intent to defraud that included an intent to commit another crime or to aid or conceal the commission thereof."

Yes the misdemeanor was upgraded to a felony by prosecutors linking affair hush-money payments as a campaign violation.

... and the jury agreed
They did. And I said the jury decision should be respected.

But the use of “campaign violation” to increase to a felony was to tie the affair payment cover up to hide this fact from voters.

Trump has had multiple NDAs. He was actually asked about his use of NDAs during the summer presidential debates. He even had a NDA on his ex-wife Ivanka. NDAs are not illegal.
Yes he wanted to hide his hush money payment…from his wife, family, and public. No doubt. But he didn’t need to coverup his payments with a shell company for the election. The election was only 11 days away. Using a shell company did nothing for the election.

BTW, The WSJ ran a story about both Karen McDougal and Stormy Daniels on Nov 4th (4 days before the election). WSJ got the story not due to incorrect business records.

So now that we have focused on reason for the felony. What was the campaign violation?

Last edited:
They did. And I said the jury decision should be respected.

But the use of “campaign violation” to increase to a felony was to tie the affair payment cover up to hide this fact from voters.

Trump has had multiple NDAs. He was actually asked about his use of NDAs during the summer presidential debates. He even had a NDA on his ex-wife Ivanka. NDAs are not illegal.
Yes he wanted to hide his hush money payment…from his wife, family, and public. No doubt. But he didn’t need to coverup his payments with a shell company for the election. The election was only 11 days away. Using a shell company did nothing for the election.

BTW, The WSJ ran a story about both Karen McDougal and Stormy Daniels on Nov 4th (4 days before the election). WSJ got the story not due to incorrect business records.

So now that we have focused on reason for the felony. What was the campaign violation?
Ask the 12 jurors...
You crack me up. "And I said the jury decision should be respected."... then come back with statements about how there shouldn't have been a felony conviction.

Someone smarter about law than me can correct if I'm wrong, but if the jurors thought it wasn't tied to another crime they could have came back with not guilty, even if they determined that it wasn't accurate bookkeeping. The key is that it was intentional and to cover another illegal action.

Yep. I was one of the founders. Sean the big bald guy that was in Law school was who got me into it. I was the big guy with a full beard and a shaved head.
Got it.

By GGP's laugh emojis, he really does believe the two of us are one guy talking to himself.

That is hilarious.

It would also be a really LONG CON across multiple boards.

Ask the 12 jurors...
You crack me up. "And I said the jury decision should be respected."... then come back with statements about how there shouldn't have been a felony conviction.

Someone smarter about law than me can correct if I'm wrong, but if the jurors thought it wasn't tied to another crime they could have came back with not guilty, even if they determined that it wasn't accurate bookkeeping. The key is that it was intentional and to cover another illegal action.
So even after it being a highly reported trial you don’t know and/or can’t explain what the campaign violation was?

So even after it being a highly reported trial you don’t know and/or can’t explain what the campaign violation was?
On January 22, 2018, Common Cause became the first organization to file a complaint with the Department of Justice and a complaint with the Federal Election Commission alleging that the payment of $130,000 from Essential Consultants LLC to Ms. Daniels was an unreported and illegal in-kind contribution to the Trump campaign. According to the complaints, the payment was:

For the purpose of influencing the 2016 presidential general election.
Made in coordination with the campaign via Trump’s lawyer, Michael Cohen.
At that time, the source of the $130,000 was unknown – and Common Cause named both the Trump Organization and “John Doe” as possible sources. In March 2018, however, based on public statements by Micheal Cohen claiming that he paid the funds to Ms. Daniels, Common Cause amended its complaints to allege an illegally large in-kind contribution from Cohen to the Trump campaign.

It’s clear the money was paid because the Trump team feared that the emergence of her story just before the 2016 election would torpedo Trump’s chance of becoming president. That makes the payment a campaign contribution – and the Trump campaign’s failure to disclose it to the Federal Election Commission illegal.

And if the money came from Trump lawyer Michael Cohen, as Cohen claims, it exceeded the legal limit for campaign gifts by more than $127,000.

This dude has lost his mind completely

Trump claims that the police wouldn’t let any MAGA supporters near his trial but let paid Democratic activists out there to say mean things about him.

Got it.

By GGP's laugh emojis, he really does believe the two of us are one guy talking to himself.

That is hilarious.

It would also be a really LONG CON across multiple boards.
would have to be one on the most patient cons ever. Also I’m not sure why that would be a desired con to pull off. But if he wants to continue to believe it that’s his prerogative.

On January 22, 2018, Common Cause became the first organization to file a complaint with the Department of Justice and a complaint with the Federal Election Commission alleging that the payment of $130,000 from Essential Consultants LLC to Ms. Daniels was an unreported and illegal in-kind contribution to the Trump campaign. According to the complaints, the payment was:

For the purpose of influencing the 2016 presidential general election.
Made in coordination with the campaign via Trump’s lawyer, Michael Cohen.
At that time, the source of the $130,000 was unknown – and Common Cause named both the Trump Organization and “John Doe” as possible sources. In March 2018, however, based on public statements by Micheal Cohen claiming that he paid the funds to Ms. Daniels, Common Cause amended its complaints to allege an illegally large in-kind contribution from Cohen to the Trump campaign.

It’s clear the money was paid because the Trump team feared that the emergence of her story just before the 2016 election would torpedo Trump’s chance of becoming president. That makes the payment a campaign contribution – and the Trump campaign’s failure to disclose it to the Federal Election Commission illegal.

And if the money came from Trump lawyer Michael Cohen, as Cohen claims, it exceeded the legal limit for campaign gifts by more than $127,000.
Is that what the jury was told? An illegal campaign gift And how is a hush-money payment a campaign contribution if it didn’t come from his campaign?
I thought we established that Cohen paid the money and he was reimbursed. Is there evidence it came from his campaign funds? If so, why has that not been revealed - that would be a slam-dunk.

Is that what the jury was told? An illegal campaign gift And how is a hush-money payment a campaign contribution if it didn’t come from his campaign?
I thought we established that Cohen paid the money and he was reimbursed. Is there evidence it came from his campaign funds? If so, why has that not been revealed - that would be a slam-dunk.
Until an appeal, it will serve as a slam dunk. 12 Jurist with MUCH more information than we have , determined it was a slam dunk unanimously. If you’re not satisfied get the transcripts.

I thought we established that Cohen paid the money and he was reimbursed. Is there evidence it came from his campaign funds?
Because the gift was making the story go away

And the hush money payment was the cover up and falsification of records to make sure the campaign didn't seem like they were the ones who paid it to make it go away

So how can a hush money payment an illegal campaign contribution?

When you have to illegally create false documents and try to pass it off as a legitimate business expense so as to intentionally NOT relate it to the campaign

We just had a whole trial on it... should of have watched , they explained it in very high detail AND with ACTUAL evidence and witness testimony..and even a recording of former POTUS himself ....it was wild

After watching Fox News for weeks I couldn't really explain Trump's criminal hush money trial. William Brangham @WmBrangham explained it better in one minute than Fox has in several weeks.

Charlie Kirk, who said we should repeal the MLK holiday, that he doesn’t trust black airline pilots, and women in their 30s aren’t attractive, just announced that his organization is working directly with the Trump campaign. https://meidasnews.com/news/anti-mlk-charlie-kirk-confirms-his-group-is-working-directly-with-trump

Back