Trump 2024 Run Thread

Do you think it's cool for a DA to campaign on his desire to go after a specific individual?
I can think of a couple times in history this could have been the case... generally regarding organized crime types.

If someone has been treated as above the law for extended periods of time and people are tired of it then this absolutely fits... kind of fits Trump to a T actually.

I can think of a couple times in history this could have been the case... generally regarding organized crime types.

If someone has been treated as above the law for extended periods of time and people are tired of it then this absolutely fits... kind of fits Trump to a T actually.
He has been involved in over 4000 legal cases......and counting. Yep, they have been pretty "hands off" with this guy.

Maybe Trump's ego was why no settlement was reached. But I think it's also likely that his team knew he'd be found guilty and how valuable that would be politically for him. I mean just look at the response.
Definitely his ego and the fact he was unwilling to admit he lied about the affair.

You said it was a crime that was never prosecuted, then when provided proof that it's been prosecuted a bunch of other times, you make a comment implying those cases are different because of what the payment was hidden for...

How is this trial different from the others beyond the name of the defendent?

This is exactly it. I can't figure out if his reading comprehension is that bad or if it is just his argument tactic to avoid the matter and resort to insults.

I was under the impression that this was some esoteric, unused law. Then I had a look and it is used all the time for tax avoidance, insurance fraud, etc. In fact, a common enough prosecution that Trump's own companies were already prosecuted under it two years ago. https://manhattanda.org/district-at...trump-corporation-and-the-trump-payroll-corp/

He has been involved in over 4000 legal cases......and counting. Yep, they have been pretty "hands off" with this guy.
“Rational people: Trump committed a crime. It’s good he was convicted. The system worked. We look forward to criminals being prosecuted and convicted whatever their power, politics or position.”

Co-sign or not @GOGETUMPOKE?

What do you say….true or false?

We’re waiting.
Wondering why you are studiously avoiding this question.

Pretty simple true or false answer.

How to say you don't understand the difference between criminal prosecutions and civil lawsuits without actually saying it.

This is exactly it. I can't figure out if his reading comprehension is that bad or if it is just his argument tactic to avoid the matter and resort to insults.

I was under the impression that this was some esoteric, unused law. Then I had a look and it is used all the time for tax avoidance, insurance fraud, etc. In fact, a common enough prosecution that Trump's own companies were already prosecuted under it two years ago. https://manhattanda.org/district-at...trump-corporation-and-the-trump-payroll-corp/
This is a stretch. Yes it is a crime to have purposeful booking errors for purpose of Insurance fraud, tax evasion, investor fraud, etc. All have victims and are parts of the law.

Trump moved funds around to hide a payment to women. Did he count this as an expense to reduce tax exposure, did he report this out to show incorrect margins to fool investors?

Anyone claiming this was not an incredibly unusual application of the law are outing themselves showing lack of objectivity.

This is from salon.com (not a Trump loving site). Multiple quotes from legal experts.

Last edited:
Sock account?

WTF are you even talking about?

I have exactly one account here (this one) and there are people on this board that know me IRL.

What an idiot you are. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:
@Vakarian74

Do you think he believes you and I are the same person?

I don't know who the *&^&% you are IRL, so I guess you could be me. ;)

This is a stretch. Yes it is a crime to have purposeful booking errors for purpose of Insurance fraud, tax evasion, investor fraud, etc. All have victims and are parts of the law.

Trump moved funds around to hide a payment to women. Did he count this as an expense to reduce tax exposure, did he report this out to show incorrect margins to fool investors?

Anyone claiming this was not an incredibly unusual application of the law are outing themselves showing lack of objectivity.

This is from salon.com (not a Trump loving site). Multiple quotes from legal experts.
"Moved funds around."
Are you saying this is a business expense and he moved funds around to hide the real purpose? Because I can't see this as a business expense at all. So, it is tax fraud, whether that was his goal or not.

"Moved funds around."
Are you saying this is a business expense and he moved funds around to hide the real purpose? Because I can't see this as a business expense at all. So, it is tax fraud, whether that was his goal or not.
If it is tax fraud…I completely agree. But if it was tax fraud…why would he not be charged with that? There should be evidence he used the expense to lower his tax burden…I have not seen that claim.
It appears Cohen created a vehicle to hide a payment…and that vehicle had no revenues…not sure how the expense being booked would cause tax fraud.

If it is tax fraud…I completely agree. But if it was tax fraud…why would he not be charged with that? There should be evidence he used the expense to lower his tax burden…I have not seen that claim.
How would you put a $130000 personal charge in as a business expense without that being tax fraud?

This law is used for tax fraud. I'm not knowledgeable enough about NY law to know how prosecutors decide this.

How would you put a $130000 personal charge in as a business expense without that being tax fraud?

This law is used for tax fraud. I'm not knowledgeable enough about NY law to know how prosecutors decide this.
"The jury instructions said: "Under our law, a person is guilty of falsifying business records in the first degree when, with intent to defraud that includes an intent to commit another crime or to aid or conceal the commission thereof, that person: makes or causes a false entry in the business records of an enterprise."

Prosecutors alleged that Trump intended to commit, aid or conceal a violation of state election law section 17-152.

That statute "provides that any two or more persons who conspire to promote or prevent the election of any person to a public office by unlawful means means and which conspiracy is acted upon by one or more of the parties thereto, shall be guilty of conspiracy to promote or prevent an election."

Judge Juan Merchan said jurors could consider three unlawful means under New York's election law conspiracy statute: a violation of the Federal Election Campaign Act, falsification of other business records or violation of tax laws. "

Got it. Have to be creative with crimes then JT says you can't be prosecuted. How detailed do we have to get? Would wearing a blow up T-rex costume and using purple clown car with balloons painted on it make bank robbery a first time thing, or does someone need to get even more creative? (Not suggesting anyone do that or condoning it)

WTH? The very specific details don't matter? The law that was broken and prosecuted has been prosecuted thousands of times. Don't see you defending every other convicted felon.
What’s funny is he constantly says he hate Trump but has defended him at every
@Vakarian74

Do you think he believes you and I are the same person?

I don't know who the *&^&% you are IRL, so I guess you could be me. ;)
i do but we actually have met in real life. I was one of the original members of the grid. That being said we don’t hang out and probably only said a few words to each other.

There has to be revenues for income tax purposes. And if there is no income…no tax fraud.

That said, that does not protect him against any laws/regulations regarding creating companies under false pretenses.

Edit: I do like the article you linked. As you can see in that link you provided, all people received funds illegally, stole, or had tax or insurance fraud (other than Jason Holley case..can’t tell about that one)

Last edited:
What’s funny is he constantly says he hate Trump but has defended him at every

i do but we actually have met in real life. I was one of the original members of the grid. That being said we don’t hang out and probably only said a few words to each other.
The Grid....as in OKC Energy FC (RIP)?

Now I am definitely curious.

Back