Trump 2024 Run Thread

If Trump is found guilty of a felony and can’t even vote for himself, who knows what will happen. He loves the uneducated . And some of them are dumb enough to do whatever their cult leader demands. I’m prepared for just about anything, but my far right friends tell me I need to buy an AR15 and a thousand rounds. That’s what worries me. Civil war based on lies, fought by the gullible, led by a person who clearly only cares for himself.
I think Republicans are even more hopeful about gangs of illegal immigrants conducting some awful terrorist acts, so it will make Biden look bad. They could be like that terrorist incident in Moscow at a concert hall.

If Trump is found guilty, I'm hopeful there won't be many major protest incidents other than in New York City and DC.

I think Republicans are even more hopeful about gangs of illegal immigrants conducting some awful terrorist acts, so it will make Biden look bad. They could be like that terrorist incident in Moscow at a concert hall.

If Trump is found guilty, I'm hopeful there won't be many major protest incidents other than in New York City and DC.
I don’t know what will happen, but I witnessed what can happen on Jan. 6th. My far right friends tell me that wasn’t much of an insurrection as very few were armed. But next time …… I thank God my Dad passed before he saw what he and thousands of other patriots fought and died for, and it sure as hell wasn’t fascism. They took an oath and meant it. These persons who cavalierly ignore their oaths and duty to the Constitution as well as their constituents don’t deserve to hold any positions of authority. We need to vote them all out! If a majority defeats them embarrassingly enough that might prove to some that maybe we ought to strive to find common ground and slowly rid ourselves of this cancer on democracy. One can hope and pray, and VOTE! In the meantime be prepared.

He’s a petulant insecure child that can’t keep his stupid mouth shut. He’s an idiot and his own worst enemy and I’ve said so several times on this very board. His inability to control his language and message is the single reason that we have been stuck with this travesty of an administration for the last three years and I’ve also stated that several times on this board. Do I think he’s being prosecuted and harassed because the Dems were trying to keep him off the ballot? Absolutely. I get that most of the people on this board are cool with that but that’s not the way this is supposed to work. Is he dishonest? Probably, show me one that isn’t. He’s got more warts than my aunt Edna but he is the tallest midget in this race and the way this system works is we have an election and the one with the most votes wins. Like it or not he resonates with a very large portion of the population and at some point you have to put aside your dislike of the man and ask yourself why that is the case.

I’m certainly not racing to the booth to cast an enthusiastic vote for Trump but I voted for him twice and I’ll vote for him again if Biden remains on the ticket. Give me a Democrat with some balls and a functioning brain that wants to close the border, get tough with our allies and enemies, quit pandering to the far left and their BS, and put America first then we can talk. Until then we are forced to choose between a loud mouth crook businessman and a completely incompetent career politician crook that can’t form a coherent sentence. It’s like choosing between cancer and tuberculosis and the great news is that neither side gives two sh#@s about you outside of your vote that will keep them in power. Just because I point out the insanity of some of the ridiculous posts about Trump doesn’t mean I’m a big Trump fan. I’m not. Never have been. Is he a better choice than Biden or Hillary. Yes, I think so. I’ll continue to vote for whichever platform aligns most closely with my interests and values. The TDS contingent on here has enough members and I don’t think I need to join the daily circle jerk every time he says something stupid. I simply don’t have that kind of time.
For me, what he did with the last election cycle is a never vote. I realize it was not done well, but that does not take away from the clear intent which was to remain president despite losing the election. Why wouldn't he, or someone else, do it again better if we reward that behavior?

We can handle poor policy for 4 years and have done so several times in our lives. But, attempts at taking away the very foundation of what makes this republic, free elections, is something we cannot accept no matter how poorly executed the first attempt was.

Is there anything that he, or any candidate who you agree with more on policy, could do to make your vote go the other way?

For me, what he did with the last election cycle is a never vote. I realize it was not done well, but that does not take away from the clear intent which was to remain president despite losing the election. Why wouldn't he, or someone else, do it again better if we reward that behavior?

We can handle poor policy for 4 years and have done so several times in our lives. But, attempts at taking away the very foundation of what makes this republic, free elections, is something we cannot accept no matter how poorly executed the first attempt was.

Is there anything that he, or any candidate who you agree with more on policy, could do to make your vote go the other way?
Absolutely. Someone like Joe Manchin for example, if he could convince me that he had the will and political capital to abandon the far left agenda. For what it's worth I prayed for a different nominee than Trump but he's what we're stuck with. I get the hand ringing over Jan. 6 to a certain extent even though it has been way over blown by the left as some kind of massive armed insurrection...it just simply wasn't.. While I'm convinced that there is a whole lot of BS going on with our elections Trump should have conceded and re-loaded for this election. It just isn't in him. The fact is whatever the intent was it didn't succeed and his behavior was not rewarded.

Absolutely. Someone like Joe Manchin for example, if he could convince me that he had the will and political capital to abandon the far left agenda. For what it's worth I prayed for a different nominee than Trump but he's what we're stuck with. I get the hand ringing over Jan. 6 to a certain extent even though it has been way over blown by the left as some kind of massive armed insurrection...it just simply wasn't.. While I'm convinced that there is a whole lot of BS going on with our elections Trump should have conceded and re-loaded for this election. It just isn't in him. The fact is whatever the intent was it didn't succeed and his behavior was not rewarded.
I wasn't really even necessarily referring to the "armed insurrection" as much as the phone calls by Trump the state AGs telling them to dig up fake votes. Sure, the "insurrection" is a little muddy on how much Trump was actually explicitly involved. But, the recordings of him trying to overturn the election are not muddy at all.

And, ignoring the border which he clearly bunged up, what specifically has Biden actually accomplished which you feel has harmed?
I'm not a Biden fan, but I think his term has been pretty milquetoast and down the middle, which is what you want when someone you don't agree with is in. He stopped student loan dismissal ( with a "compromise" minor $10K token), no huge tax changes, etc.

What has he really achieved that you dislike?

(Honestly, you could get me with the same line of reasoning on Trump- except the tax cut which inappropriately favored the wrong people with the parts going to the middle class mostly expiring and the parts going to the wealthy mostly not.)

Last edited:
I wasn't really even necessarily referring to the "armed insurrection" as much as the phone calls by Trump the state AGs telling them to dig up fake votes. Sure, the "insurrection" is a little muddy on how much Trump was actually explicitly involved. But, the recordings of him trying to overturn the election are not muddy at all.

And, ignoring the border which he clearly bunged up, what specifically has Biden actually accomplished which you feel has harmed?
I'm not a Biden fan, but I think his term has been pretty milquetoast and down the middle, which is what you want when someone you don't agree with is in. He stopped student loan dismissal ( with a "compromise" minor $10K token), no huge tax changes, etc.

What has he really achieved that you dislike.

(Honestly, you could get me with the same line of reasoning on Trump- except the tax cut which inappropriately favored the wrong people with the parts going to the middle class mostly expiring and the parts going to the wealthy mostly not.)
My general problem with Biden is the usual laundry list of my problems with all career politicians. He would rather lie than eat when he's hungry, he's a horrible human being that allegedly showers with his teenage daughter and refuses to acknowledge his own granddaughter from a stripper that his crackhead kid knocked up, etc..etc... I could go on but you get the point. He's basically Hillary with a smaller penis.

Specifically:
-He's mentally incapacitated. Everyone knows it and the investigator into his handling of classified documents (which by the way they are prosecuting Trump for) essentially said "Yeah, he's guilty but he's not mentally capable of standing trial" But we are ok with him being the leader of the free world?

- The border is probably the biggest issue for me. It's an absolute disaster and, I think, the biggest threat we face. I think Trump will be better here.

- The withdrawal from Afghanistan was an unmitigated disaster of epic proportions and should be enough to disqualify him from receiving anyone's vote ever again in my opinion.

- He's never had a job outside of government really and obviously has no clue how things work in real life in terms of economics. He constantly gets pushed around by the far left in his own party on big things like the new green deal that make zero sense economically.

- He's forgiven $138 billion in student loans, in spite of the supreme court ruling, and placed that burden directly on the backs of hard working people that didn't sign up for them and probably would have gone to college themselves had they known that everyone else was going to have to pay for it. He loves the EO's, which should be outlawed in my opinion, even more than Trump did.

_ He's a national security nightmare. He's feckless and demented and nobody on the world stage respects or fears him Say what you will about Trump but we had zero new wars while he was in office and now we are involved in two and seem to be funding both sides in each of them. I still contend that Putin wouldn't have invaded if Trump was still in office. Pure conjecture on my part I know, but I'm convinced that the bad actors slowed their roll with Trump for whatever reason. Maybe they thought he was crazy enough to nuke them or he's actually colluding with Putin (he's not) like the Dems continually allege 🤷‍♂️ .

- The handling of Covid. Some of that happened on Trump's watch and a ton of mistakes were made. Understandably so when dealing with something like a pandemic that we are forced to deal with in real time on the fly. I get it and I'm perfectly willing to give some grace here....but there are some things that went on that, in my opinion, are unforgiveable. We literally forced Americans to close their business down and take an experimental drug or lose their job including the military. Think about that for a minute and consider that at the same time we were forcing that on our own citizens this administration allowed millions upon millions of people to cross our southern border without so much as checking their temperature. All the while trying to convince us that something like natural immunity doesn't work anymore and that everyone that took ivermectin was going to die.

- He continues to promote the lie that we can somehow fight racism and discrimination by committing more racism and discrimination. It's ridiculous and the abandonment of hiring based on merit will lead to nothing but bad outcomes. It always has and it always will.

Lots more...but I think that's a decent start.

He stopped student loan dismissal ( with a "compromise" minor $10K token), no huge tax changes, etc.
Biden’s transferring of debt to other taxpayers is now nearly $200B. And White House announced earlier this month plans for additional obligation forgiveness that could increase eligibility by 5x. Assuming same level of debt forgiveness that could be just under ~$1 trillion.

Why do you feel tax cuts inappropriately favored the wrong people? Although I would prefer more permanent tax cuts, under the tax changes enacted during Trump administration, tax burden declined for both middle and lower class.

Last edited:
Biden’s transferring of debt to other taxpayers is now nearly $200B. And White House announced earlier this month plans for additional obligation forgiveness that could increase eligibility by 5x. Assuming same level of debt forgiveness that could be just under ~$1 trillion.

Why do you feel tax cuts inappropriately favored the wrong people? Although I would prefer more permanent tax cuts, under the tax changes enacted during Trump administration, tax burden declined for both middle and lower class.
“Although I’d prefer” answers your own question. If you had to sunset some tax benefits, who should sunset?

Some comparisons to a few select points because I don't have time to respond to all.

My general problem with Biden is the usual laundry list of my problems with all career politicians. He would rather lie than eat when he's hungry, he's a horrible human being that allegedly showers with his teenage daughter..
Trump lies about any and everything ALL THE TIME... even when shown the truth he just claims it's "fake"
Trump constantly talks about his daughter on camera like he wants some. Not sure if the diary is real or not and if so that super freaking creepy.
He's mentally incincapacitate...
Have you listened to Trump talk?... and he doesn't have a speech impediment to blame.

.. investigator into his handling of classified documents (which by the way they are prosecuting Trump for)...
Yes he shouldn't have had classified but the results of things like that are very different based on how you respond and if it was actually seen by anyone that shouldn’t have. If you are forward and open and it was deemed unintentional and no one gained access to it then it's generally a slap on the wrist and you move on. If you hide it, refuse to cooperate and/or it was determined that it was actually accessed by someone then the punishment is more severe. Trump fought and refused to hand items over, is on tape showing it to people and bragging about it being classified.

- The border is probably the biggest issue for me. It's an absolute disaster and, I think, the biggest threat we face. I think Trump will be better here.
Twice they've tried to pass something to improve and twice the GOP has refused to support because daddy Trump says he wants to campaign on it.
- He constantly gets pushed around by the far left in his own party on big things like the new green deal that make zero sense economically.
What far left bill/policy has been pushed by Biden? Are you referring to cutting oil usage? He's still leasing public land for drilling? Pushing for more clean energy? Should be doing more there personally. We need to transition, it's expensive but it needs to happen.
Understand that the economy is more important than taking care of the world. Got it. /s

- The withdrawal from Afghanistan was an unmitigated disaster of epic proportions and should be enough to disqualify him from receiving anyone's vote ever again in my opinion.
_ He's a national security nightmare. He's feckless and demented and nobody on the world stage respects or fears him.
Who on world stage respected/respects Trump?
National security nightmare is someone taking SCI and program level documents and storing them in their bathroom along with showing uncleared people.
The Afghanistan exit pissed me off but that was negotiated by Trump just before he left. Exits should never be on a schedule. IMO we should have renegotiated immediately but that didn't happen and we all know the end result.

- The handling of Covid. Some of that happened on Trump's watch and a ton of mistakes were made. Understandably so when dealing with something like a pandemic that we are forced to deal with in real time on the fly. I get it and I'm perfectly willing to give some grace here....but there are some things that went on that, in my opinion, are unforgiveable. We literally forced Americans to close their business down and take an experimental drug or lose their job including the military.
For military side of things. You're forced to take things consistently, the protection of the operational effectiveness of the forvebis more important than you not wanting to take something. This is not new, the only new part of this was that they let people remain when refusing to follow lawful orders.

For civilian side, similar things happened for the Spanish flu... not a first as you seem to claim.
Yes, we closed down some businesses and then provided funds to keep them from shutting permanently and provide pay to employees. Better to do that than kill another huge unknown number of people. I don't personally think money is more important than people's lives but maybe we disagree there. - didn't the closures happen during Trump's tenure?
The drug wasn't experimental, it had been tested and approved... ivermectin for Covid wasn't an approved treatment though. I know I always to go a horse dewormer to treat viruses though. /s
The refusal to listen to science is inexcusable. The comments like injecting or drinking bleach to treat are inexcusable...

1000001937.png
Texas voters are claiming voter intimidation after receiving threatening postcards ahead of this week's primary election. The mailer, which lists the sender as "America First Conservatives Election Department," warned Republican primary voters they were being watched, and would be reported if they did not vote.

"We see you haven't voted yet. Your voting record is public…Your neighbors are watching and will know if you miss this critical runoff election," one of the mailers read. "We will notify President Trump if you don’t vote. You can’t afford to have that on your record."

One particularly Orwellian postcard states, "Please don’t make us report you to President Trump. We are sending an official list of Republicans who fail to vote in the upcoming runoff to President Trump. President Trump will be VERY DISAPPOINTED

You’re obtuse. Making the advantage only stick for the rich is the issue.
I don’t think you understand at all what is permanent and what expires for TCJA in 2025. The tax rates will increase for all but the lowest tax bracket in 2025/2026. (Vakarian/JD scrambling to google TCJA now).

Btw, I am confident Steross knows — which was why I was asking his thoughts.

Back