Trump 2024 Run Thread

I don’t think you understand at all what is permanent and what expires for TCJA in 2025. The tax rates will increase for all but the lowest tax bracket in 2025/2026. (Vakarian/JD scrambling to google TCJA now).

Btw, I am confident Steross knows — which was why I was asking his thoughts.

Corporate rates are permanent though.

Just saying

-He's mentally incapacitated. Everyone knows it and the investigator into his handling of classified documents (which by the way they are prosecuting Trump for) essentially said "Yeah, he's guilty but he's not mentally capable of standing trial" But we are ok with him being the leader of the free world?
your first ´specific´ problem with biden is wrong...but repeated many times by republicans...

Republicans Distort Facts on Special Counsel Decision Not to Charge Biden factcheck.org

My general problem with Biden is the usual laundry list of my problems with all career politicians. He would rather lie than eat when he's hungry, he's a horrible human being that allegedly showers with his teenage daughter and refuses to acknowledge his own granddaughter from a stripper that his crackhead kid knocked up, etc..etc... I could go on but you get the point. He's basically Hillary with a smaller penis.

Specifically:
-He's mentally incapacitated. Everyone knows it and the investigator into his handling of classified documents (which by the way they are prosecuting Trump for) essentially said "Yeah, he's guilty but he's not mentally capable of standing trial" But we are ok with him being the leader of the free world?

- The border is probably the biggest issue for me. It's an absolute disaster and, I think, the biggest threat we face. I think Trump will be better here.

- The withdrawal from Afghanistan was an unmitigated disaster of epic proportions and should be enough to disqualify him from receiving anyone's vote ever again in my opinion.

- He's never had a job outside of government really and obviously has no clue how things work in real life in terms of economics. He constantly gets pushed around by the far left in his own party on big things like the new green deal that make zero sense economically.

- He's forgiven $138 billion in student loans, in spite of the supreme court ruling, and placed that burden directly on the backs of hard working people that didn't sign up for them and probably would have gone to college themselves had they known that everyone else was going to have to pay for it. He loves the EO's, which should be outlawed in my opinion, even more than Trump did.

_ He's a national security nightmare. He's feckless and demented and nobody on the world stage respects or fears him Say what you will about Trump but we had zero new wars while he was in office and now we are involved in two and seem to be funding both sides in each of them. I still contend that Putin wouldn't have invaded if Trump was still in office. Pure conjecture on my part I know, but I'm convinced that the bad actors slowed their roll with Trump for whatever reason. Maybe they thought he was crazy enough to nuke them or he's actually colluding with Putin (he's not) like the Dems continually allege 🤷‍♂️ .

- The handling of Covid. Some of that happened on Trump's watch and a ton of mistakes were made. Understandably so when dealing with something like a pandemic that we are forced to deal with in real time on the fly. I get it and I'm perfectly willing to give some grace here....but there are some things that went on that, in my opinion, are unforgiveable. We literally forced Americans to close their business down and take an experimental drug or lose their job including the military. Think about that for a minute and consider that at the same time we were forcing that on our own citizens this administration allowed millions upon millions of people to cross our southern border without so much as checking their temperature. All the while trying to convince us that something like natural immunity doesn't work anymore and that everyone that took ivermectin was going to die.

- He continues to promote the lie that we can somehow fight racism and discrimination by committing more racism and discrimination. It's ridiculous and the abandonment of hiring based on merit will lead to nothing but bad outcomes. It always has and it always will.

Lots more...but I think that's a decent start.
Where do you get your news? You are like a walking FoxNews experiment.

There is plenty to address w Biden like the forgiveness of student loans but some of what you typed is just factually wrong.

Take executive orders. Trump 220 or 55/yr. Biden 138 or 42/yr. And Trump’s numbers will pale next to any possible Trump 2nd term. In fact Trump’s EO/yr are the most since Carter. Remember when we used to hear about Obama’s love of EO. His were the least per yr going back to Grover Cleveland. If you just go back to Reagan Rs have held the office for 24 yrs and Ds 20. In that time Rs have issued 1,058 or 44.08 while Ds have issued 778 or 38.9 per year.

Interesting that National Debt has also grown more under Rs during that same time frame.

Afghanistan was and is bungled by both Rs and Ds for over 20 yrs. There were more active duty killed by hostile action under Trump than Biden. Remarkably there were 0 lost to hostile action in 2022. Most likely due to him getting us out of Afghanistan.

Businesses were shut down by States/Cities during the Trump admin who performed horribly in pandemic preparedness. Trump admin should get credit for getting out of the way for getting vaccines brought to market so quickly.

Border security is an F on both sides.

It’s an absolute straw man to say that Putin would have stayed out of Ukraine w a 2nd Trump term. What we do know is that Russia is stuck in a quagmire. They are having to resort to defective/less effective Iranian and NoKo weapons. NATO is expanding and NATO countries have been increasing their support for Ukraine.

US oil production is the most it’s ever been and under Biden US daily oil production will be the highest daily average than under any previous administration. But I won’t give Biden credit here. But on the flip side ENERGYWIRE | President Joe Biden has approved nearly 50 percent more oil and gas drilling permits for wells on federal land since taking office than former President Donald Trump did in his first three years, according to newly released data from the Interior Department.Jan 30, 2024.

So much for being beholden to progressives and the GND.

Violent crime across the US is pretty much in line per capita w what we saw during Trump’s 4 yrs but is statistically lower.

Job growth is hard to measure bc of covid and federal spending.

But you are just wrong on certain facts.

It’s a total waste of time to try to speak truth and facts to a person who embraces lies and “ alternative facts “ over the plain truth. He’s no doctor, so he obviously knows nothing about mental acuity of others. Would rather lie than eat? Wow! Donald J. Trump is the BLOAT. Biggest liar of all time or biggest loser your choice.
I seem to remember daddy Trump ogling Ivanka and saying he’d hit that if it wasn’t his daughter 🤢🤮 You need to change your sources of information and news because you’re being lied to.

I guess they "got him"....at least for now.

This is the one that he can't pardon himself even if he is re-elected.

Likelihood of overturning on appeal is also pretty low. First has to go through the NY State Appeals process before he can get it to his buddies in the SCOTUS too.

It only would have taken one of the twelve jurors to say no, and Trump would have walked. BUT the case against him was so clear the vote was unanimous. 12 peers found him guilty. The judicial system worked, and Biden didn’t have a darned thing to do with it. The grifting will now begin. Hey buddy can you pay my attorney fees? I’m completely innocent. It’s totally rigged. I’m pure as the driven snow. Blah, blah ,blah……….

The other thing about this verdict is that it based on conduct and actions committed before he was President.

IMO, that is relevant even if the SCOTUS finds for complete Presidential immunity. He wasn't President when he committed these acts.

My question about why you feel the tax cuts “inappropriately favored the wrong people”?
Since tax cuts went to nearly all…and lowered tax burden for middle class…who are you thinking is the wrong people?
What I was speaking about was the fact that the tax cuts that target the middle class expire and those that target the wealthy do not. How are you having trouble understanding this?

Furthermore, a more specific example of how the TC&J act was crappily written was the pass through small business rules. The gave a 20% break form pass-through entities. Great, help small business. But, that of course costs money so they stop it from going to service industries (why?)

Here is the list:

Are You a Specified Service Business?

First, you need to determine whether your business falls within one of the following service provider categories:

• health (doctors, dentists, and other health fields)
  • law
  • accounting
  • actuarial science
  • performing arts
  • consulting
  • athletics
  • financial services
  • brokerage services (not including real estate or insurance brokers)
  • investing and investment management (not including property managers), or
  • trading and dealing in securities or commodities.
A final catchall category includes any business where the principal asset is the reputation or skill of one or more of its owners or employees. IRS regulations narrowly define this catchall category to include only cases where a person:

• receives fees or other income for endorsing products or services
  • licenses his or her image, likeness, name, signature, voice, or trademark, or
  • receives fees or other income for appearing at an event or on radio, television, or another media format.
Architecture and engineering services are expressly not included in the list of personal services.

Pass-through owners who provide personal services aren't favored under the pass-through deduction. Indeed, they lose the deduction entirely at certain income levels. No such limitations apply to pass-through owners who don't provide personal services.

Note, the real estate tycoon kept "real estate agent" and landlord or any other real estate services out of the list of service industries.

• Real estate agents--unlike doctors, lawyers, financial planners and professional athletes--are not considered a service industry profession and therefore are exempt from the limit in their pass-through deductions if their income is higher than $207,500 or $415,000 for a couple.

Butters Lol GIF by South Park

Back