Trump 2024 Run Thread

Former Republican Speaker Paul Ryan says Republicans will lose if Donald Trump is nominee​

MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Former House Speaker Paul Ryan said Tuesday that Republicans will lose the presidential election if Donald Trump is the nominee and that he expects hard-right followers of Trump to force a government shutdown within days.

Ryan, who left office in 2019 and had a sometimes contentious relationship with Trump, said he hoped that another Republican nominee would gain enough momentum early next year to overtake Trump after the first primaries. Ryan represented southeastern Wisconsin in Congress for 20 years, the last four as speaker.

"The party that puts the first fresh face forward wins this election," Ryan said at an event on the University of Wisconsin campus organized by the Robert M. La Follette School of Public Affairs.

If the race is between Trump and President Joe Biden, Ryan said, “I think Biden wins.”

“I think leaders should endeavor to be honest, ethical, moral people who try to set standards for themselves and lead by example across the country," Ryan said. "Donald Trump doesn’t try to do any of that. He does the opposite, frankly. So I just don't think he's fit for the job here.”

Ryan said in the small number of swing states, including Wisconsin, the election will come down to winning over suburban voters.

“Do you think those suburban voters like Donald Trump more since Jan. 6?" Ryan said. "I mean, good grief. They didn’t vote for him this last time, they’re not going to vote for him again.”

Ryan also had harsh words about Trump's followers in Congress, who he said were not interested in governing or finding a solution to avoid a government shutdown.

But with just five days to go before Saturday’s government shutdown deadline, the Senate is trying to stave off a federal closure as hard-right lawmakers seize control of the House. Senators unveiled a bipartisan stopgap measure to keep offices funded temporarily, through Nov. 17, to buy time for Congress to finish its work.

Ryan was speaker of the House during the last government shutdown in 2018, which lasted a record-long 36 days.

“There are a bunch of people who I think feel this is in their interest," Ryan said of a shutdown. "So I fear that is going to happen.”

Ryan faulted Republicans in Congress for not proposing an alternative.

“It's nihilism, is what it is,” he said. “We look like fools. We look like we can’t govern.”

I can see Trump being re-elected in 2 scenarios. 1. Lower voter turnout. I think many people turned out because they saw Grandpa Joe as a return to normalcy, but they may not be willing to turn out for him again. Not that they believe in DT, just apathy. 2. Biden’s failing health. Just a few more slips/falls or “senior moments” and many folks may find it hard to pull the lever for Joe. An additional reason may be strong 3rd party presence, but that could cut both ways, so…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So did he buy it or not? I can’t figure it out from the news stories. No waiting period to purchase a weapon in SC but there is in Florida, which is why many FFL dealers won’t sell to out of state buyers.

according to his own campaign. Both YES and NO. I don't know if there was ever a real answer if he did or not
HAHHAHA

So did he buy it or not? I can’t figure it out from the news stories. No waiting period to purchase a weapon in SC but there is in Florida, which is why many FFL dealers won’t sell to out of state buyers.

I think he did buy it but didn’t realize it was a federal offense. Once they realized it they backtracked hard and distanced to try to avoid any additional charges.

I think he did buy it but didn’t realize it was a federal offense. Once they realized it they backtracked hard and distanced to try to avoid any additional charges.

If he didn’t buy it I’ll bet the store owner doubled the price of it as soon as he took that photo with it! Gin U Wine collectors item right there!!

If he didn’t buy it I’ll bet the store owner doubled the price of it as soon as he took that photo with it! Gin U Wine collectors item right there!!

What I find the most hilarious is that the statute that he may have potentially violated is the same exact one they are trying to nail Hunter Biden with.

What I find the most hilarious is that the statute that he may have potentially violated is the same exact one they are trying to nail Hunter Biden with.
Right!! I LOL'ed pretty hard at that.

Can you imagine if they go after Hunter Biden and Let Trump off, even if they have him on camera doing it for the same exact charge!

Remember, he could shoot someone in the middle of 5th Ave and get away with it.....I'm starting to think that he thinks and many of his followers think that is real.

Same statute, but different subsection of the Brady Act.

I actually thought of that! FFL form 4473, (which you have to fill out if you don’t have a CCL in the state you’re purchasing the weapon in ) specifically asks if you’re under felony indictment.

Trump is running a doomed campaign, and if he cared at all about the future of America, he would drop out. Having a nominee that's been arrested four times is never going to be a good look.

Trump is running a doomed campaign, and if he cared at all about the future of America, he would drop out. Having a nominee that's been arrested four times is never going to be a good look.
That’s cute that you think Trump would ever care for anything more than he cares for himself. He’s going to run because it’s the only real chance he has to avoid jail time. And he might as well grift a few more million dollars from the MAGA crazies on his way out.

That’s cute that you think Trump would ever care for anything more than he cares for himself. He’s going to run because it’s the only real chance he has to avoid jail time. And he might as well grift a few more million dollars from the MAGA crazies on his way out.
That's why I said "if," because I know he doesn't.

Well know we know if Trump were on an electric boat that was powered by batteries and it was sinking and he had an option to jump into shark infested waters or go down with the boat and be electrocuted while sitting on top of the rechargeable batteries...he would prefer to be electrocuted by the batteries. Why this came out during a campaign speech about renewable energy...who knows...but yeah.

Trump says he would prefer to die by electrocution in bizarre campaign rant​

It doesn't matter - his base LOVES him. And the rest of the conservatives are willing to go along with it if it means there's no Democrat in the white house.

So the fraud Trial in NYC has started and is going about how you would expect

Trump rages against Judge Arthur Engoron during Manhattan court recess​

Former President Donald Trump raged against Judge Arthur Engoron during a lunch recess on the first day of his fraud trial in Manhattan on Monday.
Trump dismissed Engoron as a "Democrat" and an "operative" in a brief appearance in front of reporters. Trump stated that "this is a rigged court" in his heated statement. He also took aim at Attorney General Letitia James, labelling her a "radical-left attorney general."
"This rogue judge refuses to acknowledge that we won 80% of this case in the appelate division," Trump said, claiming Engoron has "contempt for his own court system."
"The judge is wrong. The judge is wrong in his ruling," Trump said. "He said Mar-a-Lago is worth 18 million. It's worth at least a billion, maybe $1.5 billion."
Trump's lawyers had previously pointed to James' promises to voters that she would "get Trump" if elected.

Trump demands 'rogue judge' change verdict, 'Democrat operative' getting away with 'murder'​

Lawyers for President Donald Trump argued that New York Attorney General Letitia James harbors bias against the former president in court on Monday.
Trump attorney Alina Habba highlighted that James began investigating Trump soon after she gained office in 2019, and that she promised voters during her campaign that she would "get Trump" if elected.
She went on to state that the Trump Organization's valuations of its own property were not fraudulent.
“The state of [Trump's] financial condition was undervalued," she stated.
Habba continued by saying that prosecutors would have Judge Arthur Engoron believe that if you listed your house at once price but it sold for a lower one, then you committed fraud.
Trump's defense team argued that Mar-a-Lago, Trump's Florida home, would sell for "at least" $1. billion, orders of magnitude above Judge Engoron's valuation of $18 million.
Trump himself spoke to reporters outside the courtroom shortly after Habba's statemnet. He argued that he has been "defrauded" by Engoron's low valuation.
"We're wasting time with this trial. It's a disgrace," Trump said. "The judge already made up his mind. He's a democrat. He's an operative."
Posted by Anders Hagstrom

The really funny thing about this. 5 days ago Trump's lawyers were arguing that Mar A Lago was worth $426.5 million to $612.1 Millions in their official court Filings...after the court placed the valuation of the property between $18 Million - $27.6 Million

Trump out in front of the court now on LIVE TV claiming it is worth $1 Billion to $1.5 Billion......Doubling even his OWN law teams estimates they have filed in their Official paperwork.

He is basically engaging in the SAME EXACT FRAUD In front of the camera LIVE WHILE AT THE hearing of Overesitmating the Net Worh of Mar A Lago LOL

It doesn't matter - his base LOVES him. And the rest of the conservatives are willing to go along with it if it means there's no Democrat in the white house.

Sometimes you’ve gotta pick your poison…. But seriously, that generalization is asinine. There’s not a handful of Dems where I’d vote for Trump to keep them out of office, but there’s a couple at least. But that’s not really relevant. The question is will non MAGA Republicans (not all Republicans are conservative, and not all conservatives are Republican) stay home or vote 3rd party?

Back