Trump 2024 Run Thread

Politics right now is like the Big 12 with OU and Tex in it.....

You have two groups that carry the conversation and most people hate both of them but those two are so loud everyone else is irrelevant. If you say hey that was a good play by OU you get shouted down as a Texas fan.....if you say Texas is stupid for switching to that scheme you get shouted down as a Gooner. Really you just thought that one play was good or the scheme was dumb. Of my entire circle of folks actual close relations, acquaintances, colleagues, family I would say maybe 10% actually like either candidate....another 25% has a definite opinion of who they want to vote for and 65% strongly dislike both. Couple that with with nothing you hear from our national media is the actual truth/what should be being covered and viola here we are.....fussing over a Hitler quoting felon and a walking vegetable with Palin-esque family issues. We just go in cycles of just voting for the opposite every time it comes around not because there is any substance just because they are different than what is going on at the time of the election. Idiots....and I don't mean I don't agree with you so you are an idiot I mean actual idiots all across both sides.... in office bring hard times and with the state of the global economy and aggression we're more than likely going to get what we asked for.
Here’s to hoping you and all those lying “news” sites having to eat those “walking vegetable” words after the debate, Or are you totally oblivious to Trump’s insane unhinged gibberish?

I am surprised at your response. I get this is a very liberal/progressive board, but I thought you understood better. You not comprehending we have a spending problem is unfortunately indicative of a large portion of our citizens. The same group that continually looks to others to pay their bill.

It is telling that you think your graph informs you that Trump is worse than all others, but you ignore the factually data point that the previous President grew debt at a larger rate (albeit not a significant difference).
This board is anything but progressive. It is far more center and true libertarian than anything.

Ther are a few left of center but my experience is that their posts are thoughtful and humble.

Kind of a fresh change and I enjoy the perspective without having to read and reread a misogynistic or intellectually dishonest mischaracterized post.

Case in point you just did it again w your last post. Is this something you do in real life when you don’t fully understand a concept or find yourself incorrect but hope other people won’t notice you are incorrect? Bet you have a physical giveaway.

I have a couple progressive friends and I don't think we have a single progressive who posts here IMO.

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

I find it difficult to think you actually believe that.

See....I told you.

He is so far to the MAGA right that even centrists and right leaning moderates are radical leftists or RINOs according to him.

Exhibit A
You’re not getting away with that bs response. First off, this isn’t even close to a darned football conference. We’re facing a genuine threat to our country from your Hitler quoting buddy. Joe’s does speak slowly and weighs his words because he stutters . What’s Trump’s excuse? He’s a madman and a criminal. If you think we’d be better off with felonious Trump, then I hope you’re in the voting minority.

Nobody is agreeing with you about what he did. Not a single person. Surely that means something to you?
He already told us what that means to him: We are all super-liberal and barely right of AOC.

Everyone knows I wake up every day and pray to my Satanic Earth Goddess that I can abort babies at will while setting up the perfect atheistic communist state where Christianity is illegal and everyone is brown or black. <--- I said this in jest (obviously), but this is literally what MAGA folks think. Source: friends and I all have MAGA parents.

He already told us what that means to him: We are all super-liberal and barely right of AOC.

Everyone knows I wake up every day and pray to my Satanic Earth Goddess that I can abort babies at will while setting up the perfect atheistic communist state where Christianity is illegal and everyone is brown or black. <--- I said this in jest (obviously), but this is literally what MAGA folks think. Source: friends and I all have MAGA parents.

Oh, also I'm a transgender athlete that competes against women and use their bathroom.

You’re not getting away with that bs response. First off, this isn’t even close to a darned football conference. We’re facing a genuine threat to our country from your Hitler quoting buddy. Joe’s does speak slowly and weighs his words because he stutters . What’s Trump’s excuse? He’s a madman and a criminal. If you think we’d be better off with felonious Trump, then I hope you’re in the minority.
Exhibit B

You are drinking some serious koolaid. My favorite national politicians, Paul Ryan (#1 favorite), Ronald Reagan, John McCain, Joe Lieberman, and Joe Manchin (for his no vote on BBB).
I am not remotely close to MAGA. Not everything to the right of AOC is MAGA.
I am strongly fiscally conservative and as I’ve said I am strongly in favor of extending the tax cuts.
I think you are relating tax rates with fiscal conservatism. Not sure that's really one in the same.

You know there are good things to be done with taxes. What program needs to be cut to reduce the deficit while maintaining the extended tax cuts for wealthy?

I’m going to make an absolute generalization but in my life my parents and my in-laws used to be Rs. Both sets had/have very active lives and social lives. The other thing they have in common is neither set consumed FoxNews. Partly bc of their active lives and they liked to consume entertainment.

They were/are conservative but they will never vote for Trump and if still alive h r all changed to independent. In my friend group of relative same age the FoxNews consumption of their parents directly correlates to the parents Magastanian perspective.

I’d be curious if this is seen by others.

Back