Trump 2024 Run Thread

I’m going to make an absolute generalization but in my life my parents and my in-laws used to be Rs. Both sets had/have very active lives and social lives. The other thing they have in common is neither set consumed FoxNews. Partly bc of their active lives and they liked to consume entertainment.

They were/are conservative but they will never vote for Trump and if still alive h r all changed to independent. In my friend group of relative same age the FoxNews consumption of their parents directly correlates to the parents Magastanian perspective.

I’d be curious if this is seen by others.
Two sets of parents in Oklahoma. One side is MAGA the other is not. Only difference is Fox News.

I am NOT saying Trump is my guy. I was saying I don’t worry about “the economy” any different with his potential 2nd term vs Biden’s.
As I stated in my initial posts, lots of things to be concerned about with Trump, I disagree that the economy is one of them.
If you look at one particular data point, someone not understanding could come to conclusion of worst. That is why I showed using another particular data point, over same time line, showed differently.

Trump Campaign Slams 'Worthless' Nobel Prize Winning Economists

The Trump campaign has hit back at a group of 16 Nobel Prize winning economists who issued a warning about the "risks" to the U.S. economy of a second term for former President Donald Trump.

Trump campaign national press secretary Karoline Leavitt told Newsweek that the American people don't need "worthless out of touch" economists telling them which president "put more money in their pockets," after 16 Nobel Prize winners said in a letter that "Joe Biden's economic agenda is vastly superior to Donald Trump's." It comes less than five months before the presidential election, with Trump narrowly ahead in most polling averages.

In the letter, first obtained by Axios, the economists expressed concern that a second Trump term could "reignite" inflation, "have a negative impact on the U.S.'s economic standing in the world and a destabilizing effect on the U.S.'s domestic economy."

Leavitt responded, "President Trump built the strongest economy in American history. In just three years, Joe Biden's out of control spending created the worst inflation crisis in generations. Americans know we cannot afford four more years of Bidenomics."

Leavitt also told Newsweek that "when President Trump is back in the White House, he will reimplement his pro-growth, pro-energy, pro-jobs agenda to bring down the cost of living and uplift all Americans."

Trump's economic policies include a promise to lower corporate America's tax rate from 21 percent to 20 percent. Trump has also said he wants to eliminate taxes on tips for workers in the hospitality and leisure industries.

His economic plan also pledges to impose 10 percent duties on all imports and a minimum tariff of 60 percent on Chinese goods.

James Singer, a spokesperson for the Biden campaign, told Newsweek: "Top economists, Nobel Prize winners, and business leaders all know America can't afford Trump's dangerous economic agenda."

"In Donald Trump's America, the rich pay less, and working Americans pay more. Luckily, Americans have a better choice this November: Joe Biden, who is leading America out of the mess Donald Trump left us in and fighting to lower costs, create jobs, and raise wages."

Democrats have been on the defensive with the economy since prices surged in the summer of 2022. The White House maintains that the economy is good, but voters don't seem to agree.

A poll for the Guardian newspaper in the U.K. in May found that more than half of Americans wrongly believed the U.S. was in a recession.

Fox News recently reported that 68 percent of American say the economy is "not so good" or "poor."

Inflation has fallen in recent months after hitting a 40-year high of 9.1 percent in June 2022. In May, the annual rate fell to 3.3 percent, which is a decrease from April, but above the target of 2 per cent set by the Federal Reserve.

Key aspects of Biden's economic agenda include investing nearly $53 billion in semiconductor manufacturing to reduce dependence on foreign sources and enhance national security, and the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, which is aimed at modernizing the nation's roads, bridges, public transport systems, and broadband availability.

Biden has pledged to raise corporation tax and has said that households who make less than $400,000 a year wouldn't see a tax increase.

The 16 Nobel Prize winning economists said in their letter that Biden's plans would likely "increase productivity and economic growth while lowering long-term inflationary pressures and facilitating the clean energy transition."

Trump sure can pick em....wonder why this guy just didn't claim Presidential Immunity and be innocent ???

OOHHHH and while TRUMP was praising him ...he was using the Military and his State Police force to smuggle Tons of Cocaine into the US....

State Sponsored Drug trafficking into the US while our POTUS praises him and blames drugs coming into the US on Migrants at the border.

Ex-Honduran President Praised by Trump Sentenced to 45 years for Running 'Narco-State'

Former Honduras President Juan Orlando Hernández was sentenced in New York on Wednesday to 45 years in prison for enabling drug traffickers to use his military and national police force to smuggle tons of cocaine into the United States.

Hernández, 55, is the first former head of state to be found guilty of drug trafficking in the U.S. since Panamanian strongman Manuel Noriega was convicted in 1992.

Wearing a green prison uniform, Hernández stood in court with his lawyers, flanked by two U.S. marshals. Judge P. Kevin Castel, who presided over the trial in Manhattan federal court, called him a "two-faced politician hungry for power" who protected a select group of traffickers.

As part of his sentence, he was also ordered to pay an $8 million fine.

The Department of Justice said that the former president ran Honduras as a "narco-state," working with drug dealers as far back as 2004 and taking millions of dollars in bribes as he rose from a local congressman to president of the national congress and then to the country's highest office.

Prosecutors say he used drug money to bribe officials and manipulate voting results in his favor during the 2013 and 2017 Honduran presidential elections.

The defense relied on the laws and measures Hernández adopted during his two terms to fight drug trafficking and organized crime in Honduras, the Central American country long plagued by corruption and drug trafficking.

Hernández acknowledged in trial testimony that drug money was paid to virtually all political parties in Honduras, but he denied accepting bribes himself. He said he was being persecuted by politicians and drug traffickers.

"I am innocent," Hernández declared at his sentencing. "I was wrongly and unjustly accused." Despite his assertions of innocence, the evidence presented during the two-week trial painted a damning picture of a leader deeply entangled in the drug trade.

Trial witnesses included traffickers who admitted responsibility for dozens of murders and said Hernández was an enthusiastic protector of some of the world's most powerful cocaine dealers, including notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán, who is serving a life prison term in the U.S.

"He paved a cocaine superhighway to the United States, protected by machine guns," prosecutors said in their closing arguments.

Witnesses testified in March that Hernández's cooperation was crucial for El Chapo's operations, using his control over the military and police in Honduras, a major cocaine transit route from South America to the U.S.

Drug money, including funds from El Chapo, also financed Hernández's political campaigns.

"Many see the conviction of Juan Orlando Hernández as long-overdue justice and a crucial step towards accountability. However, it also highlights the deep corruption and strong influence of drug trafficking in our country," César Silva, a Honduran TV anchor and journalist, told Newsweek.

Silva has been covering the trial since early March and was at the front door of the Manhattan courthouse when the conviction was handed down. He stood alongside dozens of Hondurans who celebrated the decision.

"There's a mix of relief and apprehension among the people as we face the challenge of rebuilding trust in our institutions," he said.

Hernández's case has significant implications for Honduras, a country grappling with widespread corruption and violence fueled by the drug trade. During his presidency, Honduras received more than $50 million in anti-narcotics aid from the United States and tens of millions of dollars in military and security aid.

He also received the support of former U.S. President Donald Trump to take strong measures against drugs and migration and cooperated with the United States.

They are literally trying turn him into Jesus Christ

No one can save You but Trump

He has wounds all over his body he suffered for you

He was tortured in Prison for you

Paula White led a prayer call for Trump ahead of tonight's presidential debate, declaring that "he will have the mind of Christ" and will speak "with the wisdom of God."

They are literally trying turn him into Jesus Christ

No one can save You but Trump

He has wounds all over his body he suffered for you

He was tortured in Prison for you

Paula White led a prayer call for Trump ahead of tonight's presidential debate, declaring that "he will have the mind of Christ" and will speak "with the wisdom of God."
There are a few crazed evangelicals out there that believe they have the power to bring about the end of days. Turning Trump into the Antichrist could be one of their tactics I suppose. But no one in their right mind could confuse the Christ and tRump . These are the same type of people who tried to place a cornerstone on the dome of the rock. These are extremely delusional and dangerous persons. IMO

There are a few crazed evangelicals out there that believe they have the power to bring about the end of days. Turning Trump into the Antichrist could be one of their tactics I suppose. But no one in their right mind could confuse the Christ and tRump . These are the same type of people who tried to place a cornerstone on the dome of the rock. These are extremely delusional and dangerous persons. IMO
yeah per the Bible, Christ will return in the time of the 3rd temple. The 3rd Temple hasn't been built in Jerusalem yet and you are right there is an Extremist Christian Faction in the world who is actively trying to have the Temple Rebuilt in Jerusalem to fulfill this Bible prophecy as they believe this will trigger the return of Christ.

yeah per the Bible, Christ will return in the time of the 3rd temple. The 3rd Temple hasn't been built in Jerusalem yet and you are right there is an Extremist Christian Faction in the world who is actively trying to have the Temple Rebuilt in Jerusalem to fulfill this Bible prophecy as they believe this will trigger the return of Christ.
Just like they love to control and mandate rules and regulations to people not like them, they are just as willing to pretend they can force the Almighty into doing something big on their behalf. Seems they’re getting glimpses of the mite in others eyes without removing the beam in their own eyes. Typical. This is the type of person and belief system that leads to people leaving churches in droves, and nonbelievers not wanting any part of what these hypocrites are offering . They are literally turning people away. They just cannot accept that we are a secular society. No state sponsored religion. This is why I firmly believe that “judgement begins at the House of God”. 1 Peter 4:17

I’m going to make an absolute generalization but in my life my parents and my in-laws used to be Rs. Both sets had/have very active lives and social lives. The other thing they have in common is neither set consumed FoxNews. Partly bc of their active lives and they liked to consume entertainment.

They were/are conservative but they will never vote for Trump and if still alive h r all changed to independent. In my friend group of relative same age the FoxNews consumption of their parents directly correlates to the parents Magastanian perspective.

I’d be curious if this is seen by others.
Same exact situation with my inlaws in Nebraska. Voted for Trump the first time, and kind of defended him during his presidency. Didn't vote for him the 2nd time and won't this time. They have actually said that he disgusts them and they can't believe how their party (the GOP) has abandoned them. They don't watch any Fox news at all, actually can't stand it.

My FIL's brother watches Fox News all day every day and is a hardcore MAGA-ite. Doesn't go to church, but instead worships Trump and the "anti-woke" agenda.

It's actually driving them apart, really sad to see.

Back