Trump 2024 Run Thread

Kanye could’ve mopped the floor with these two last night.
I would LOVE to see Gov Polis run as a Dem. but he is openly Gay and Jewish so I doubt that he would be able to be elected because of that. he is married and he and his partner have 2 kids.

However, the guy is the closest thing the Dem's have to a prominent Centrist/Libertarian Leaning candidate.
He won Colorado by 16+ points and his down ballot candidates he supported in CO in the last vote were extremely successful.

He is a giant MLB and NFL fan, He is an avid video gamer as he is one of the Gen Xers

And he actively donated to Primary opponents of members of "The Squad" in a clear rebuke of the Extremism of the Left.

Iraq war the dude Calls out Bush on it, but then BLASTS the Dems in power at the time and blame them as well for Allowing it to happen. He spread the blame around to all the people involved and didn't try to make it a partisan issue

He was a big supporter of getting US Troops out of Afghanistan as quickly as possible and even supported measures on the Troop withdrawl proposed by Republicans that didn't win out.

He and Joe Liberman teamed up to pitch some pretty well Libertarian Leaning Education ideas that got show down by both parties

He opposes the Patriot Act

Supports Legalized Weed

He thinks it is unconstitutional for the US gov to monitor US citizens

He wants a clear definition between the Judicial and Executive branch that leads to less Governing via Executive Order

He has supported fracking in the past as, but wants a few more regulations on what they can and can't do

Black Americans demand to know what ‘Black jobs’ are after Trump debate comment​

Black Americans are demanding to know what “Black jobs” are after former President Trump used the phrase in Thursday’s debate with President Biden in Atlanta.

In response to the first 2024 general election debate’s only question on Black voters, Trump took a shot at Biden’s immigration stance.

“The fact is that his big kill on the Black people is the millions of people that he’s allowed to come in through the border,” Trump said. “They’re taking Black jobs now and it could be 18, it could be 19 and even 20 million people. They’re taking Black jobs, and they’re taking Hispanic jobs, and you haven’t seen it yet, but you’re gonna see something that’s going to be the worst in our history.”

Black social media users immediately demanded an explanation of what constitutes a “Black job.”

“What exactly are Black and Hispanic Jobs!?!” the NAACP posted to X.

Jaime Harrison, chairman of the Democratic National Committee, agreed, posting: “What the hell is a “Black job?!”

Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) said that she wished CNN’s moderators had asked for clarification on the comment.

“I still don’t understand the ‘black job’ comment, it would have been nice if there was a follow up to understand what he was trying to say,” Omar posted.

Meanwhile, some took a more humorous route to express their confusion.

“Well, now that the debate is over. Time for us all to get ready for bed so we can be on time to our #BlackJobs tomorrow,” BlackPAC, an organization dedicated to building Black political power, posted along with a meme of actress Viola Davis removing her makeup.

Trump’s comments came in response to CNN moderator Dana Bash asking Biden about what he has done for Black voters, particularly as there appears to be growing dissatisfaction with his White House among the demographic.

Biden, in his response, hit on historically low Black unemployment rates under his administration.

According to the White House, from September 2022 to this February, the Black unemployment rate remained at or below 6 percent. In April 2023, the unemployment rate for Black workers dropped to 4.8 percent. In April this year, the unemployment rate for Black Americans was 5.6 percent.

Under Trump, between 2016 and 2020, the Black unemployment rate was about 8 percent. From 2000 to 2015, it was 11 percent.

In post-debate coverage with NBC, Sen. Tim Scott (S.C.), the upper chamber’s only Black Republican and a possible Trump running mate, tried to dodge questions on what the former president meant by “Black jobs.”

NBC News’s Tom Llamas asked Scott if phrases like “Black jobs and Hispanic jobs” offend some American voters, but the senator said no.

“Here’s what I can tell you is that whether you are a Black person or white person or a Hispanic person or any person, Native American, but whatever, you want are more jobs,” said Scott. “You want your wages going up, and what we saw under Donald Trump was at the bottom quintile of wage earners saw their wages go up faster than the top quintile. That translates into more spending power. But under Joe Biden, we’ve seen the exact opposite: $28,000 of lost spending power over the last three and a half years. So you can talk about Black jobs versus white jobs. I think the bottom line is Donald Trump provided more American jobs.”

Black social media users appeared unhappy with Thursday’s debate, with some even going as far as calling it the “whitest debate” they’d ever seen after Biden and Trump began talking about golf and arguing about their handicaps.

“The caucasity of this debate is taking me OUT,” said David Johns, CEO and executive director of the National Black Justice Coalition, a civil rights organization dedicated to the empowerment of Black LGBTQ people.

“If this is not the whitest s— I’ve ever experienced in my life I don’t know what is!” Johns exclaimed.

Both Biden and Trump are courting Black voters, though Biden leads Trump with the demographic.

Black Americans demand to know what ‘Black jobs’ are after Trump debate comment​

Black Americans are demanding to know what “Black jobs” are after former President Trump used the phrase in Thursday’s debate with President Biden in Atlanta.

In response to the first 2024 general election debate’s only question on Black voters, Trump took a shot at Biden’s immigration stance.

“The fact is that his big kill on the Black people is the millions of people that he’s allowed to come in through the border,” Trump said. “They’re taking Black jobs now and it could be 18, it could be 19 and even 20 million people. They’re taking Black jobs, and they’re taking Hispanic jobs, and you haven’t seen it yet, but you’re gonna see something that’s going to be the worst in our history.”

Black social media users immediately demanded an explanation of what constitutes a “Black job.”

“What exactly are Black and Hispanic Jobs!?!” the NAACP posted to X.

Jaime Harrison, chairman of the Democratic National Committee, agreed, posting: “What the hell is a “Black job?!”

Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) said that she wished CNN’s moderators had asked for clarification on the comment.

“I still don’t understand the ‘black job’ comment, it would have been nice if there was a follow up to understand what he was trying to say,” Omar posted.

Meanwhile, some took a more humorous route to express their confusion.

“Well, now that the debate is over. Time for us all to get ready for bed so we can be on time to our #BlackJobs tomorrow,” BlackPAC, an organization dedicated to building Black political power, posted along with a meme of actress Viola Davis removing her makeup.

Trump’s comments came in response to CNN moderator Dana Bash asking Biden about what he has done for Black voters, particularly as there appears to be growing dissatisfaction with his White House among the demographic.

Biden, in his response, hit on historically low Black unemployment rates under his administration.

According to the White House, from September 2022 to this February, the Black unemployment rate remained at or below 6 percent. In April 2023, the unemployment rate for Black workers dropped to 4.8 percent. In April this year, the unemployment rate for Black Americans was 5.6 percent.

Under Trump, between 2016 and 2020, the Black unemployment rate was about 8 percent. From 2000 to 2015, it was 11 percent.

In post-debate coverage with NBC, Sen. Tim Scott (S.C.), the upper chamber’s only Black Republican and a possible Trump running mate, tried to dodge questions on what the former president meant by “Black jobs.”

NBC News’s Tom Llamas asked Scott if phrases like “Black jobs and Hispanic jobs” offend some American voters, but the senator said no.

“Here’s what I can tell you is that whether you are a Black person or white person or a Hispanic person or any person, Native American, but whatever, you want are more jobs,” said Scott. “You want your wages going up, and what we saw under Donald Trump was at the bottom quintile of wage earners saw their wages go up faster than the top quintile. That translates into more spending power. But under Joe Biden, we’ve seen the exact opposite: $28,000 of lost spending power over the last three and a half years. So you can talk about Black jobs versus white jobs. I think the bottom line is Donald Trump provided more American jobs.”

Black social media users appeared unhappy with Thursday’s debate, with some even going as far as calling it the “whitest debate” they’d ever seen after Biden and Trump began talking about golf and arguing about their handicaps.

“The caucasity of this debate is taking me OUT,” said David Johns, CEO and executive director of the National Black Justice Coalition, a civil rights organization dedicated to the empowerment of Black LGBTQ people.

“If this is not the whitest s— I’ve ever experienced in my life I don’t know what is!” Johns exclaimed.

Both Biden and Trump are courting Black voters, though Biden leads Trump with the demographic.

Attachments

• IMG_20240628_110147.jpg
    IMG_20240628_110147.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 5
I would LOVE to see Gov Polis run as a Dem. but he is openly Gay and Jewish so I doubt that he would be able to be elected because of that. he is married and he and his partner have 2 kids.

However, the guy is the closest thing the Dem's have to a prominent Centrist/Libertarian Leaning candidate.
He won Colorado by 16+ points and his down ballot candidates he supported in CO in the last vote were extremely successful.

He is a giant MLB and NFL fan, He is an avid video gamer as he is one of the Gen Xers

And he actively donated to Primary opponents of members of "The Squad" in a clear rebuke of the Extremism of the Left.

Iraq war the dude Calls out Bush on it, but then BLASTS the Dems in power at the time and blame them as well for Allowing it to happen. He spread the blame around to all the people involved and didn't try to make it a partisan issue

He was a big supporter of getting US Troops out of Afghanistan as quickly as possible and even supported measures on the Troop withdrawl proposed by Republicans that didn't win out.

He and Joe Liberman teamed up to pitch some pretty well Libertarian Leaning Education ideas that got show down by both parties

Supports Legalized Weed

He wants a clear definition between the Judicial and Executive branch that leads to less Governing via Executive Order

He has supported fracking in the past as, but wants a few more regulations on what they can and can't do
Polis is a non starter in my opinion. Nobody knows who he is.

It will probably be Newsome or Michele. Newsome will lose to Trump and Michele will beat the brakes off of Trump. IMO. Michele gets them around the DEI VP issue they have with Harris but she says she's not going to run. We shall see.
I saw an article recommending the NC governor (Roy Cooper) along with some more well knowns.

He's a 2 term Dem gov in a Rep led purple state. It would also help secure the state for the Dem party and he's a moderate so that helps bring in the middle ground. Same issue though of lack of national recognition.

I stand by my thought that you just have to have someone that isn't crazy and they'll keep the non-Trump vote and Dem vote by default so you're right where you are now but with a much younger candidate so you have room to grow.

It will probably be Newsome or Michele. Newsome will lose to Trump and Michele will beat the brakes off of Trump. IMO. Michele gets them around the DEI VP issue they have with Harris but she says she's not going to run. We shall see.
Its not going to be Michele. The only people pushing that idea are republicans.

Newsom is a loss. The guy is not likeable and has a lot of bad policy positions.

I...agree... with this take. That can't be right! :LOL:

Newsome is a HARD no. Like I think people would actively switch sides. Biden got so many votes in 2020 because of moderate republicans and centrists being in the 'No more Trump camp' and Biden was palatable. Newsome is a governor of a near failed state and no one outside of the coasts is going to vote for him. He'd get like California, Oregon, Washington, New England & Illinois and that would be it. If you want a Trump landslide, you are praying Newsome is the opponent.

Its not going to be Michele. The only people pushing that idea are republicans.

Newsom is a loss. The guy is not likeable and has a lot of bad policy positions.
I saw an article recommending the NC governor (Roy Cooper) along with some more well knowns.

He's a 2 term Dem gov in a Rep led purple state. It would also help secure the state for the Dem party and he's a moderate so that helps bring in the middle ground. Same issue though of lack of national recognition.

I stand by my thought that you just have to have someone that isn't crazy and they'll keep the non-Trump vote and Dem vote by default so you're right where you are now but with a much younger candidate so you have room to grow.
At this point, lack of "name recognition" would be a bonus IMO. We all recognize the names of our candidates right now and we want both of them gone. Any fresh face non-extremist from anyplace other than Washington D.C. would be welcome

A fairly moderate Democrat not from Congress or associated strongly with either prior (Trump or Biden) Administration....so a Governor with at least some defendable record of arguable success at the state level would be ideal. Even then, I'm only mentioning Democrats because we know Trump isn't dropping out. I'd vote for a fairly moderate Republican in a flash if they were on the ballot as well, but that isn't happening this election.

Plenty of time to figure that out still. Based on a quick overview, he seems like he would be appealing to a broad swath of Americans. I could see the hard left and hard right hating him for that, though.
That's what we need though.

The hard left isn't going to suddenly vote for Trump against a moderate Democrat.

The hard right are going to hate whatever Democrat is out there.

The hard core bases are set and fairly equal in size. They are party voting whomever the candidate is.

It's us moderates and independents that are out here that are struggling with our vote. A candidate that is attractive to the moderates and independents, if for nothing else than they aren't Biden or Trump, might work.

Why are you people so obsessed with Michele Obama? She has never even hinted at wanting to run.
You people? I'm far from obsessed with her. I just stated that she is the best way to get around the Harris problem and that she would beat Trump easily in my opinion.

Supports Legalized Weed

He also ignored the vote of 68% of voters on SB112 & pushed the measure through with a dem controlled house & senate.

Don’t get me started on the front range rail idea.

He also ignored the vote of 68% of voters on SB112 & pushed the measure through with a dem controlled house & senate.

I don't remember voting on SB112 (but that doesn't mean much, I forget a lot of things). Are you in the construction industry? I tried to read a bit more about it, but couldn't find any layman explanation of what it was.

And I actually hadn't heard his plan for the front range rail. Just read a tiny bit about it, and it sounds great to me. I'm obviously not up on all the ins and outs of it (read: costs), but this country is pathetically behind the rest of the civilized world in terms of a high speed rail system.

I would love to see Polis get a shot at the presidency, but I don't think it will ever happen. I'm not sure this country is quite ready to hire a gay man to the top position.

I don't remember voting on SB112 (but that doesn't mean much, I forget a lot of things). Are you in the construction industry? I tried to read a bit more about it, but couldn't find any layman explanation of what it was.

And I actually hadn't heard his plan for the front range rail. Just read a tiny bit about it, and it sounds great to me. I'm obviously not up on all the ins and outs of it (read: costs), but this country is pathetically behind the rest of the civilized world in terms of a high speed rail system.

I would love to see Polis get a shot at the presidency, but I don't think it will ever happen. I'm not sure this country is quite ready to hire a gay man to the top position.
Not a fan of overriding the will of the people at all, but what is bad about the light rail idea?

I feel like it is a better solution than adding more toll lanes to I-25 and there isn't space for more lanes.

You people? I'm far from obsessed with her. I just stated that she is the best way to get around the Harris problem and that she would beat Trump easily in my opinion.
Can you imagine Trump trying to call her names or come up with some nickname about Michelle...I'm 1000% Positive he would "accidentally" slip at a rally and call her a racist nickname and it would burry him

Back