Trump 2024 Run Thread

I think you are relating tax rates with fiscal conservatism. Not sure that's really one in the same.

You know there are good things to be done with taxes. What program needs to be cut to reduce the deficit while maintaining the extended tax cuts for wealthy?
Correct, tax rates is not fiscal conservatism. I want lower taxes and lower spending…and stop growing the debt (for me this is the #1 issue). There is not a silver bullet ..it needs to be reduced spending mostly across the board. Interest on debt is now double digits as a percentage of our annual spending…and growing. Interest on debt is now the 3rd highest federal expenditure and will be 2nd by 2026.

Trump attacks Black barbershop owner who said he was 'betrayed' over campaign event

Link

Supreme Court rules president has no immunity for unofficial acts

The Supreme Court ruled 6-3 on the immunity case against former President Donald Trump stating, "The President enjoys no immunity for his unofficial acts, and not everything the President does is official.

The ruling, in which all of the liberal justices dissented," added, "The President is not above the law. But under our system of separated powers, the President may not be prosecuted for exercising his core constitutional powers, and he is entitled to at least presumptive immunity from prosecution for his official acts."

Supreme Court rules president has no immunity for unofficial acts

The Supreme Court ruled 6-3 on the immunity case against former President Donald Trump stating, "The President enjoys no immunity for his unofficial acts, and not everything the President does is official.

The ruling, in which all of the liberal justices dissented," added, "The President is not above the law. But under our system of separated powers, the President may not be prosecuted for exercising his core constitutional powers, and he is entitled to at least presumptive immunity from prosecution for his official acts."
I think it also goes back to lower courts to determine what was official vs not official. Which I'm sure he will appeal back to SCOTUS to continue to delay.

Trump doesn't get total immunity, but this is a victory for the former president bbc analysis

1719848979005.png
This is a ruling that will leave the former president and his team pleased.

Donald Trump, the court held, has total immunity for official acts as president related to his core constitutional duties. Beyond that, there is a presumption of immunity for any other official acts. In practical terms, that means prosecutors will have to work much harder to bring their case over election interference and the 6 January riot at the US Capitol.

Chief Justice John Roberts, in his opinion, outlined guidance that could be particularly damaging to the prosecution’s case.

Trump's attempts to pressure Vice-President Mike Pence not to certify Joe Biden’s election victory – a key part of special prosecutor Jack Smith’s case – are the kind of official action subject to a higher standard of legal review. His communications with Justice Department officials have absolute immunity.

The president’s comments on 6 January – which have been alleged to be incitement of the Capitol attack - are also likely to be considered official actions.

The court added, however, that Trump does not have immunity for non-official actions, which means he could still face some charges.

At the very least, the court’s decision guarantees that this case will be delayed well beyond November’s presidential election as the lower court applies the details of this decision.

The court may not have given Trump the total immunity he asked for, but the practical implications is this is a major victory for the former president.

Trump lawyers ask for NY Hush money felony conviction be thrown out based on SCOTUS Immunity ruling

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240701-214930.png
    Screenshot_20240701-214930.png
    403.8 KB · Views: 24
So disgusting!! But will it unfavorably impact Trump? I doubt it since much of what was brought up in the video is already well known.

Last edited:
Not a fan of overriding the will of the people at all, but what is bad about the light rail idea?

I feel like it is a better solution than adding more toll lanes to I-25 and there isn't space for more lanes.
Have you followed the absolute financial disaster that the RTD has been?

I’ve paid taxes for years for a rail unto Boulder county that was supposed to happen by 2021. The last‘best guess’ they gave says it’ll be 2041.

How anyone could have even a modicum of faith that a front range rail is fiscally viable is beyond me.

And I’m not just anti rail, I’m against blank checks on ideas from people who can’t manage what’s already in place.

Yeah he is going to use this ruling just exactly how we thought he would

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240702-225146.png
    Screenshot_20240702-225146.png
    336 KB · Views: 18
Back