Super regionals

The fireworks at the end were a nice touch. Congratulations to the cowgirls once again on a 5th consecutive world series appearance, and a lot of wins vs the teams in the world series right now and teams that will win tomorrow. This cowgirl team is ready for okc

I know this is beating a dead horse since it's brought up so many times but I really hope we hear something on a new stadium. Coach G deserves it

Get ready boys and girls, there’s a legit chance it the wonderfully sweet, kind and beautiful Cowgirls vs the asshattery of the women of goon for the whole enchilada. Its the sweet Seabiscuit with Shirley Temple jockeying vs horse faced War Admiral with Mata Hari jockeying

Interesting how there were some who questioned Coach G bringing in new blood with Eberle and Shippy-Fletcher! Turns out it worked out pretty good! 🤔
I would say a lot of people questioned Coach G. lol

With Eberle hire, I was little surprise that he didn’t go after a more experience pitching coach. But when I heard why he made his decision…..it was perfectly clear that he made the right decision.

With Shippy-Fletcher…..it was more about the timing of letting Cloer go and promote VSF. After talking to couple of people that within the program when Coach G made the decision…it brought more energy and confidences to the program. Nothing against Cloer….i think she be a really good coach somewhere, just wasn’t the right fit here.

BTW, we had one of the top pitchers in the portal in on recruiting visit. And she has two yrs of eligibility left. Also had a catcher in on a visit. I need to read more on her but the stats looked good.

Hopefully RHP Ruby Meylan chooses us…I expect OU to make a serious effort for her as well. I heard she really liked her visit so I think we have a good chance

Cowgirls softball season of 2021 has set the HR record at 93.

2024 Cowgirls started the game with 89. After tonight hitting 90, 91 and 92 HR……they are one away from tying and two away to set a new school record.
Take a look at the team pic on athletics website and that poor scorecard in background can attest to the HR power over the years!

Side note:

I read in the Oklahoman that Cowgirl Stadium will get a new "giant" scoreboard and another deck in the outfield next season.
I don't have any kind of great source but I've heard a new stadium is still a ways a way, because the money just isn't there yet (a lot of it going to NIL).

Wow that was a crazy sequence. Florida had the bases load no outs. Baylor walks a batter to score a run but Baylor challenges that the runner at second left early so she was out, the pitch didn't count, and the run comes off the board. Walks her again on the next pitch. Next batter lines out the pitcher who doubles off the runner at first. Score still 4-0 Florida. Gators had a chance to blow it open there.

Until a major donor steps up…I don’t see a stadium being built for the foreseeable future. The athletic department is dedicating whatever resources it has to football.

Back