OSU vs WVU Score Predictions

We know this from what? His stats last year in his one start were as good as Bowman in that horrible QB rotation. Less completion percentage, but higher TD and I believe lower INT. Since then he's not gotten first team reps. If you want to base your opinion on a couple series against a good Utah defense when he came in cold after not taking any snaps with the 1s, then that seems a bit short sighted. I'm not saying he's the next great OSU QB, but frankly, we don't know.

All we do know is that Bowman isn't going to improve, and he's not good enough. He wasn't good last year, but having a working running game and a better defense disguised many flaws. Others thought that he was very good with ball security because he threw it away so much, completely ignoring the TD/INT stats.

While at it, I'm very disappointed in Tim Rattay if Bowman is a symbol of his ability to coach for improvement.
My opinion only. I though in his freshamn year they he had great upside, 1-3 wasn't good but I thought I saw a few bright spots he could build on. After the 3 man circus rotation last year it didn't appear to me that he had improved but I did feel he was above Bowman and sllightly better than Gundy. He did have some good throws against Utah and the one when Shettron cam up lame likely would have been completed and could have shown he is still better than Bowman. Maybe I am just tired of Bowman's lazy back foot throws and want to see what we have in Flores. Even though Gundy said Flores was ready, he is not giving him the experience he said he needed. Maybe Flores is hurt or just dosen't want to play because he wants to transfer on his HS cradentials and not college experience? Hope we see Flores this week and he does well and the reins are his.

Gundy seems convinced that Bowman is playing fine no matter what everyone in the stands sees... or he's just covering for him.

At what point does Gundy write the season off to get younger QB(s) experience? If we lose 2 more, 3 more? We have an OL that pass blocks well but will be leaving after this year, seems like the time get a young QB experience vs him having to run for his life next year.

Back